CD after Baby?

just a quick question - how soon can u start Cambridge Diet after having a baby? my bubba is due 14th Feb and as soon as i felt well enough after giving birth i was gonna start on CD (prob bout 4-6weeks after) but i've just heard from someone i cant start on it till baby is 12weeks! is that true? i cant wait 12weeks!! :cry:

I know its not the news you want to hear but this is from the cambridge diet website , for people who should not use ANY cambridge program:
Women who are pregnant, have given birth within the previous three months or who are breast feeding.

I know it sucks after having a baby and all you want to do is get back into shape, but give your body time to rest first, you'll feel better for it in the long run. :)

hi, i enquired about CD when i was 5 months pregnant!
i was so desperate to get on with it, but was told that i musnt under any circumstances start it until my baby was 3 months, so as soon as she turned 3 months old i went on it!!
your body needs the 3 months to recover from the birth, your body will have taken a knocking and you need strength and calories to keep you going, the last thing you want when you have a newborn is to be tired, snappy, and carb withdrawing, so do wait, it will be worth it in the end!
x

ok thanks guys. i must admit i'm very dissappointed now. i couldn't wait to start on CD. guess it'll be slim-fast for 12 weeks then join u guys in May. just want to shift the weight!

Thank you x

ok thanks guys. i must admit i'm very dissappointed now. i couldn't wait to start on CD. guess it'll be slim-fast for 12 weeks then join u guys in May. just want to shift the weight!

Thank you x

i had my baby in may this year...and just started CD on the 15th of december -- i tried it back in september...but my body gave out...and i had to eat real food for breastfeeding...

will u breastfeed? that apparently helps lose the weight! another mom on this website followed low GI and breastfed hers for 6 months and lost 30 lbs!!!

<hugs!> to you hunny. I know how you feel, as I'm going to have to come off CD as I'm having surgery in the new year, and I really don't want to slow down the progress I'm making. :(

But hang in there. If we're both determined enough, the relatively short waiting times we'll have to undergo will just add to our desire to succeed when we can really go full-tilt on the programme :)

The main thing is to do the right thing for your body and your baby's development. After all - you guys being healthy is the most important thing right?

:)Cx

Back