CD alternative??

loveablemonkey

I know you are all hardcore Cambridge lovers, but a very poor uni student who seriously cannot afford it, I am wondering if just drinking protein shakes and having multivits is that different? Is it do-able? I've been doing it for a week now and feel really good, no hunger pangs or lower energy or anything like that.. could it be dangerous or is it maybe worth a try? I would just go the healthy eating route but I'm a bit of an all or nothing person and I think at least to begin with I need to really restrict myself to no food at all, or I'm unlikely to be able to stick to it!

Looking forward to your opinions!

Hi loveablemonkey,

I have no idea!! But thought I would drop by to say hi :)

How many calories a day are you on? and how much are the protien shakes and multi vits costing?

The answer to those questions may help someone to answer better than I can ..

Good luck with you weight loss x

Hiya! I'm on around 450 cals a day and it's like £10 for the tub of shake (which would last probably 3 weeks at least!) and about another £10 for the multivits..

Do the protein shakes have all the essential fats you need? Plus you may be getting all your vitamins but are you having enough carbs to prevent your body from digesting muscle and organs?

Probably not, no. I doubt protein shakes and a multi vit would have all the essential nutrients & fats your body would need to function. You may feel ok when doing it, but your insides could be feeling very different.

Good luck either way. xx

hi,
my boyfriend uses the protein shakes as part of his diet for training etc and i compared the nutritional values and there is hardley any difference and ive been considering doing the same thing, have you lost weight so far?

Have a look at Avidlite Low Carb Products They have allsorts of low carb goodies on there, Id love to hear what they taste like myself

Yeah, I lost a stone in around 10 days.. so pretty much the same rate as Cambridge (weight loss is always pretty quick in the first week or 2 isn't it?). Only thing that's not as good as Cambridge is the taste, and also the fact there aren't all the cool alternatives like the soups and that. Otherwise it seems to be pretty good and once you get past the first few days it's totally fine! It sounds pretty promising anyway that the nutritional values are the same, since it's like £30 cheaper which is insanely good news. If I could afford Cambridge I probably would for the taste and variety and that though.

And thanks CherryValentine, that low carb site looks pretty cool!! I think in a month or so I'll use some of those when I'm increasing my calorie intake a bit!

Which shakes are you using? I have no answer for you (sorry), I'm just curious as my cousin is in the same situation

Good luck and Thanks
xx

Its a tub of Holland & Barrett Sota Protein Isolate Powder xx

Thanks!! Good luck with it all and let us know how it goes.

If you know anyone who has a cosco card they have the promax meal bars on offer for GBP 12.00 until the 18th of this month (pack of 12 so one pound each) - it may help to break the monotony

xx

I'm sorry, but I'm looking at the label now on a website

pdf and it's nothing like Cambridge :confused:

It's not a balanced food replacement. Neither does it have the correct vitamins or minerals. It doesn't say it's a total meal replacement, or even that it's any sort of meal replacement. In fact it states

"Use this product as a supplement to the diet only. Do not use for weight reduction"

Unless I'm looking at the wrong page :confused:

I know people are desperate to lose weight, and though Cambridge might appear to be expensive, it's not a lot different to what you would spend on food these days.

Not trying to push Cambridge, just hope you will take care. Only get one body and all that. Losing weight doesn't mean it's necessarily safe.

Look after yourselves folks.

Hi :)

For me personally, I couldn't consider using this as an alternative to CD!!:eek:

I've had 2 friends use this product for weightloss purposes and apart from becoming bore rigid with it very quickly, I would be too worried about not getting enough of the correct vitamins and minerals.

Just my two pennorth:) and I hope you continue on your journey as healthy as possible,

Lacey :)

It sounds pretty promising anyway that the nutritional values are the same, since it's like £30 cheaper which is insanely good news. If I could afford Cambridge I probably would for the taste and variety and that though.

Hate to be a killjoy, but if it sounds like it's too good to be true, then generally speaking it is too good to be true.

Official VLCDs have been created by Drs, following years of research into getting the formulation right to ensure that you get your full vitamins and nutrients. Even then, you will often find you have to involve your Dr as part of the process.

It really isn't case of 'pushing' CD, LL, Lipotrim, etc - it's the case that these are the safe ways of following a VLCD.

Back