CD and how much are we allowed to lose

beanflower

For an ideal bmi of 22 I should be aiming for 9stone 4lbs but my CDC won't let me have an aim of less than 10 stone and keeps telling me that my bmi is lower than it is. She also says she doesn't let her clients get too small.

Anyone else's CDC's like this? Surely I can decide what my goal weight is?

Just to point out that I carry a lot of my weight on my thighs and know that even at 10stone they rub in the summer, and one of the reasons for doing this diet is so that it no longer happens.

Will she let you do a higher plan once you get to 10st? CWP rules say that SS/SS+ is suitable for BMI 25 + 1stone. below that it's considered that the chances of losing a problematic amount of lean muscle mass is too high - weight loss will slow down anyway, and the diet will do more harm than good.

Opinions vary as to whether the 25+1 rule applies only to people starting the diet, or whether it comes into effect as soon as you diet down to that point... But I know a lot of CDCs certainly seem to stop people SSing either then, or at BMI twenty five itself.

Going to have to discuss it with in more depth I guess, but from what i gathered she doesn't even want me to drop below that on the higher plans. May just have to switch to ww or sw to get the last bit off.

And thanks for replying

Hey lovely. We have very similar goals, weights and heights - my goal is 9 stone 7lbs however my CDC said that at that point we can see how I feel about myself and that it's all up to me. At the end of the day, whether she agrees or not, it's your body and if you want to continue past 10 stone there shouldn't be any reason why not! I want my BMI to be right in the middle of healthy at 23 and I don't see that as being 'too small'!

Stand your ground, it's your body. If she continues, perhaps find another CDC in the area?

xx

Mine is saying something similar, I said I want to get to 8stone (maybe even 7 & a half) but she said no around 9stone 4lbs would be where I would be stopping, even though my BMI is still be classed overweight at that weight. I'm not sure what will happen when I get to that weight, but I'll cross that bridge as it comes I suppose xox

i would say that ss or ss+ you need to stop at a bmi of around 25. then 810 until you get to where you want to be within a few pounds then work up the plans to get the final amount off to where you will want to be.

I can't see any reason why it's not ok to have a goal weight where your bmi will be over 20, that's still technically healthy.

You will probably have to go up to 810 or 1000 for the last bit, but otherwise i don't see the issue. You're not supposed to aim for under 20, under 25 is fine afaik!

My goal is 9st 12 and I am 5'5" - used to be 9st 2 but know at my age (45) I will start to be too gaunt! I had to stop SS once I was at 11st 2 and did 1 week of SS+ and have been on 810 since and am now down to 10st 4lbs, 3 more weeks of 810 then I will move up to step 3 etc.

Hope this helps :eek:)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back