cd and underactive thyroid

debziedoo

:party0019:

Hi im on day 11 of ss+ and wondered if anybody else is on this diet has an underactive thyroid.
I want to know if you have noticed if your thyroid levels have changed since you have lost weight ?

Hi Debzie,

I started just under 2 weeks on stage 2, I have hypothyroid. My CDC told me when I lose 8kg to re-test my thyroid as there is a possibility that I will need to reduce my thyroxine - apparently this is a fact! If you dont check your thyroid and keep taking same medication it can cause faster heart beat, palpitations, hot flushes etc

You lost 12lb - do you feel anything different?

Last edited:
I've had mine checked 2 weeks ago and it's perfect, no need to change my dose. Just see how you feel if suddenly your flying around the place,your heart is thumping and you can't sleep then go to the doctor. Thats what I do, happened to me once it went slightly overactive and I was told to not take a pill for 1 day and it did the trick :) Good luck

I havent noticed any change yet but i suffer from fibromyalgia too and have been in a bad flare for a wk now . Still sticking to the cd plan but am in so much pain and worried my meds will effect my weight loss this wk.

Hi there
I am Hypothyroid and was taking 100mcg thyroxine prior to starting SS. after losing 18lbs my bloods showed I needed to reduce to 75mcg. I am waiting for more results this week as been off plan for a while and feel it is needing increasing again. on saying that I have started again on the SS so will see.

Hi Nickyjkas , im on 125 mg have got my 2nd weigh in today so think will see what lost and then maybe ring docs to see what he says. Thats brill dropping from 100mgs down to 75mg. N well done on the weight loss. x

Good luck with the weigh in! This diet us great for us as the weight comes off quickly! Any other diet could take ages to lose a couple of lbs! Keep up the good work xx

:D :D
:D :D

Hi Nickyjkass...
woop woop another 4 off . well chuffed . never lost weight so quicky. Will ring drs today to see if need bloods done .

I am following Exante and now on day 18. I take 150mg of Thyroxine so I would be really happy to reduce this dose. I would never be able to loose this weight with weightwatchers which was the only diet I ever tried and went back time and time again not thinking there was anything else for me. There is no going back now I love this programme. We have a week end away 1st November so it is a perfect goal for me and should be well on way to healthy bmi. x

I take 125mg Monday - Friday and 100mg on weekends. My doctor said I should do bloods in a month, so that 2 weeks from now. I struggled though to find the right does for my thyroid and he doubts I will be able to alter my dose so soon. I dont mind though, I dont care about reducing meds, I care about reducing my clothes size!

How come your meds are different doses on different days ? never heard that before.. I havent noticed that i feel any different regarding my thyroid yet after loosing 1 st 2 1b so will keep plodding on and chipping away t my weight .... Hey we will be skinny minnies in no time lol :D x

Yeah Debzie, we will be so skinny no one will recognize us!

I have always been wierd when it comes to medical matters. My endocrinologist likes to play around with doses to make sure Im working like a clock, not just say, 'here take these and u will be alright'. 100mg wasnt enough, 125mg every day was too much - this combination brings be excellent thyroid results.

What can I say!

Back