CD - Atkins....

Keira82

I am on CD and currently feeling sick and generally rubbish....

I have 11 stone to loose or there abouts and was wondering what you eat on induction... is it lean meat and leafy veg

because right now I would quite happily commite murder for a slice of roast beef and a bit of veg!!

Weight loss is slower than CD I guess but this has to be better for you surely?

I switched from Lighterlife to Atkins 6 weeks ago, I don't want to sway your decision one way or the other, but for me even though the weight loss is slower I have never been so happy on a diet. I lost 20 lbs in the first 2 weeks of LL and after 7 weeks on Atkins I have lost 16 more lbs, so as long as you are prepared for the slowdown in weightloss you should be fine.

Hi kiera and welcome to our threads and forums,yes take a look at the stickies and think about it.:)

Welcome Keira :)

Hi im doing the same thing, I have lost 20lbs on cambridge diet but have swapped to high protein diet, been on it for 4 days and have put on 2lbs boo hoo. Im not panicking though as I suppose the body has to go through a period of adjustment so just gonna have a good week, no cheats and see how my weight is next week. Good luck
xx

Don't worry about putting on 2 lbs, I also took a while to adjust to the Atkins diet, after a diet of 500 calories a day you will take a little time to adjust, but if you stick to it then you cannot fail to lose weight. When I did the Atkins years ago and failed it was because I kept thinking about all the things I couldn't eat, the secret I have found is to do exactly the opposite and think about all the great food you can eat, I have the Lighterlife diet to thank for this as after eating nothing for so long you really come to appreciate eating anything :)

Thanks hellraiser, its easy to get panicky isnt it, I stood on the scales this morning and im like noooooo 2lbs on, thats not the way its supposed to go!
Mind you, I still cant face the thought of going back to those shakes lol.

Thanks everyone - I have another week on the shakes then i will move over to atkins for one I can't afford the cost every week!!

So now I am looking forward to real food - before I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

i lost 14lbs on atkins and after two weeks i wanted to die. I had a break and kept most of it off and now Im on atkins and lost 7lbs in the first week. My second weigh in is tomorrow - excited xx

LOL, sounds like the Atkins flu to me, it's your body changing from burning carbs for energy to burning fat instead.

Back