CD bar question

weepoppet

Reading through some of the threads some people are saying they can't wait to try the bars. I don't understand as I have been eating the bars since I started 9 days ago, one night soup, next night bar.

Is this wrong? I lost 9lbs in my first week so somethings working.

Alison

We aren't supposed to have the bars until Week 3

or the CD water flavourings or mousse-mix

I think its to ensure that you are in ketosis properly, some people are a lot more sensitive and can be knocked out of ketosis eating a bar or too much water flavourings. I think if you find you are hungry (proper hungry not emotional) then cut back, but sounds to me like you are doing the right thing, see what your cdc and good luck for next week!

It was my CDC who encouraged me to buy them telling me they were ok to have. Only bought 7 for the fortnight though, the rest were shakes and soups.

Alison

It was my CDC who encouraged me to buy them telling me they were ok to have. Only bought 7 for the fortnight though, the rest were shakes and soups.

Alison

Hi there Alison,

Official guidance says that you shouldn't have bars til week 3 as most of them are higher in carbs...however peanut / cranberry crunch have same amount of carbs although are slightly higher in calories.....

As has been said, it can delay the onset of ketosis....although some of my clients have bars from the start as otherwise they wouldn't be able to manage - better a bar than a pack of biccies !!!

9lbs off is fab loss...so it's obviously not doing you any harm !

I think it's important to make Cambridge plan work for you and, if having a bar keeps you on track....and doesn't affect your losses, then why not......

Debz x

Hiya - My CDC sold me some vegetable flavouring the first time I saw her (didn't know I could just buy boullion at a fraction of the cost till I came on here!lol) but told me I couldn't have the bars till the 3rd week to ensure that I was firmly in ketosis.
I;m looking forward to having a good ol' chew again though I have read also on here that they can slow down the weight loss!
Tansyx

i think definitely follow the advice that your CDC gives you - after all they know your situation and will be advising you accordingly.

Back