CD Buddies

@All for a reason - How's everything going with you day 5 big pat on the back for you for getting here :D. Did you struggle as much as you though over the weekend? sorry again that I abandoned you lol but I'm back now and trying desperately to be positive.

@jfryyyy & @missdetermination hello the more the merrier ;)

I really like the idea of mini challenges amongst ourselves would be good motivation I think (not that we have any control over the weight loss really).

Hi Caroline, whenever times are hard i'm never far away. I spend a lot of time on my pc unless i'm at work that is :D I do however know that when times are hard it sometimes feels hard to share with people you don't know but the great thing here is that we are all in the same boat. I have snapped at my OH before when times get tough but really all that does it make you feel worse.

When i did the diet a few years back i so remember the feeling of being deprived and i just wish i was like everyone else who could eat what they wanted but this time i'm doing this diet for a reason (hence my name) i really want a baby and i know this is a goal of yours too. So lets be happy about what we are doing and look at the positives each day.

I don't know if you have heard of it but there is a book called 'The beck diet solution' its a cognitive therapy self-help workbook and is really good. I have had it for a while and i put into practice many of the tools the book advises, maybe that could be something you could do with if you haven't got it already. One of the tasks in the workbook is to credit yourself each time you do something good diet wise, i found this really hard to do for a long while but since starting Cambridge i haven't stopped doing this as i'm on day 5 100% and it makes me feel so proud. When i did this diet before i never have a single 100% week.

Your doing really well Caroline and i'm really proud of you!! WI day soon, stay strong, we can all really do this together xx

Lets come up with some monthly challenge ideas then, it don't have to be a weight loss pledge and amongst us we can choose a good one to start for march seems as we don't have long left of this month :D

My idea: to come online once a day a post 5 positives about your day.

Thank you so much all for a reason for your support and also cos I wanted to buy that book, heard someone mention it the other day but couldn't for the life of me remember what it was or even find the thread again. I think I really do need to learn to focus on the positives, I have had a horrible weekend and I was dwelling on that rather than the fact that I stayed 100% through it all.

I really appreciate your support it means alot and I am proud of you too :)

Oh and Caroline......Look at you with 2 of your goals crossed off already. WELL DONE :party0049::party0049:

Hows everyone doing? Hope your all well.

Day 7 for me today, cant believe how fast this week has gone! Its my birthday tomorrow, not really celebrating until next week due to work commitments but plan to stay 100% through it all.

I'm dreading my WI now though as its my TOTM which = water retention :( suppose whatever don't come off this week will shift next week. I was quiet shocked that TOTM came without my normal cravings, pmt and pains as i have every month. Whatever the reason for such an easy time i love it and hope it stays that way lol Partner is also very happy not to have been bullied :D :D

Anyway must get off here, need to have a bath and get to work.

Have a good day all x

Last edited:
Just wanted to wish my thursday buddies all the best for tomorrows weigh in. I'm not holding out much luck as my little girl was ill over the weekend (ear infection...trip to a&e...very stressful), so came off the wagon finally on sunday evening...then had been thrown up on soo much over the weekend have been suffering with sickness (and d...) :( since Monday! What a start to my first week, not eating a thing since Monday but have to say cannot face the thought of a shake!!! Will still weigh in tomorrow and get back to it the minute I feel better! xx

P.s - oh yeah totm too...honestly cannot think if I have been cursed this week or not!!!!

Good evening,
well not much to report here I'm doing ok although I have to say this definitely is so much harder second time round. I'm definitely not coming back for a third go this is it for me.

All for a reason can't wait to see how your first weigh in goes fingers crossed for you sure you will do amazing.

Missdetermination I hate when I try and start something new and it feels like any obstacle possible gets thrown in my way. You will be fine though fingers crossed for you too.

Happy Weigh in day all!! I hope the scales are nice to us all.

My appointment is at 9.30 so not long, i'm very excited but so very nervous at the same time. I almost went on a carb rampage last night. Just lucky my kids and OH were watching my every move lol This morning i'm really pleased i didn't or i would have been dreading my WI.

anyway good luck, cant wait to hear from you all.

Can I just say ladies I find you very inspiring!!!!!!! I'm starting today again today done it once before I was pregnant! I'm dreading the first 4 days but here I go!!!!
Well done ladies keep going......! X x

Back from my weigh in and I've lost.................11lb! So happy, its more than i lost on my 1st week when i did this diet a few years back.

Hi Minty, good luck with your day 1. feel free to pop in here if you need any support.

well done with all your losses great job! :) iv started today so Thurs will be my weigh in day too :)

Hi everyone, its my first time on a VLCD and today was day 1 for me. Cant wait for my first weigh in next Thursday, but I'm sure it will be a veeeery long week and I've been quite hungry today.

Hope everyone has had a good day :)

Hello Cupcakemonster, Missyd and minty84

like I said above this is a very lucky thread so come join us :D how are you all doing with day 2, hope your getting through it ok. Just remember if you are finding it hard it get's easier I promise.

@ all for a reason - how you doing today hun still on a high from your fantastic loss, you should be, if you loss 5 pounds next week though the similarities are to spooky :D

Back