CD Buddies

Kiwili said:
Glad your doing well :) only 1 slice of toast in the end. Feeling awful and gonna have an early night.

Hope your feeling better :-(

5pm loss for me this week yeay! Really chuffed after a slow week last week..

5lb!!! Awesome!

Well done!

Cheers guys

Well you say good week I must admit I'm finding it really, really hard going at the mo. Both my little ones are full up with colds and hubby ha got it now too, got a bit worried last night when his temp hit 39! So no telling him to man up ;)

As for me weigh in this evening and think I'm looking at an ok loss but still not hit the 2 stone Mark and from looking at other posts in here loads of people are hitting the 3 stone mark at this point.

I've been 100% since day 1 and I'm at the stage where im thinking stuff this, surely a dry chicken tikka won't hurt! So all in all I'm struggling :(

Hi Tink

I get it, I totally do. I was 100% for two of my weeks lost less than I could have on slimming world. That was when, for me, it didn't seem worth it.

But you are doing it, and you are doing well!!! The plan seems to be working for you, so why not stick with it a bit longer? Someone once said to me "never quit on your worst day", and I think that a lot rings true with that. If you wait until you're over the hump, I think you get a new perspective.

I wish you all better! And a fab weigh in! How much have you lost now and in how long?

I know what you're saying is right I'm hoping its just a wobble. Tonight will be my 5 1/2 week weigh in as I started on a sat. So if I look at last week weigh in I'd lost 1st 9lb in 4 1/2 weeks so I suppose if I look at it like that it's a good loss.

I guess I just want it all now. Also I thought I'd been on it longer so I think that may have clouded my opinion ;)

So if I start thinking sensibly I may be able to hit the 2st Mark Saturday which means that's 2st in 6 weeks. Doesn't sound bad when I'm writing it down so just need to get a grip!!!

Tink, look at my losses...

I lost only 1st ½oz in my first four weeks and I was 100% too. No where near what you've been losing! You're amazing!!!

The losses are great, I know what you mean about having to rationalise yourself! I have the same issue. Didn't loose last week at all... Then -4lb this week. So -27lb altogether in 6 weeks.... I have wobbles and have to tell myself to get a grip!! Lol

Your doing so well, stick with it x it's normally 1st per month.

Hi ladies, mind if I join you? I've just started week 5 and have lost 20lb so far (starting weight of 13.0). I've been mainly SS for the first 3 weeks and started adding a small meal during week 4. I must admit, it's a real dilemma - I can have 4 packs + 200ml milk OR 3 packs + a small meal.

My name is Jo and I'm a coffee addict.

The trouble is, I'm just as happy/fulfilled with my coffee BUT I'm struggling to use 3 packs a day, 4 seems near on impossible! I don't want to ruin my diet by not having enough packs/calories but I'm pretty sure that it will all go downhill if I have 2 packs, 200ml milk and a small meal. Any suggestions??

Quite scary to realise that I'd rather have coffee than food :(. I drink decaff too, so it's not even as tho it's the caffeine that's the problem!

Hope you're all feeling good on the loses!

In my opinion if you are at goal why not start 810? You'll need to eat eventually as can't do CWP forever. Start meal planning, look at calories and portion sizes. I do a mix of ss and ss+ (meals) and still lost 27lb so don't worry too much. plan on continuing this til goal weight 10st 7, then will switch to low GI calorie counting, gym etc

Hi, I started earlier on this month but stopped> I am about to start again on Monday!!! let me know if you are interested>>>

Afternoon ladies hope the weekend treated you all well?

Well it was a 3lb loss for me ladt week so still 2lbs to go before I hit the 2st mark and my lowest weight since 2003!!!

I've had a bit of a crappy weekend to be honest. We're trying to sell our house and we accepted an offer in fri so got all excited only to receive a call sat to tell me they changed there minds and have offered on another house :(

Was all I could do to stop myself eating everything in sight! Have stayed 100% though and just need to remind myself what will eating achieve? It won't sell the house any quicker will it!!

Feeling a little better today but still a bit down in the dumps about the whole thing.

That sounds really sucky :( I'm so sorry that you've had a really awful weekend.

Ok, so here's the crack... I went onto SW for a week and ended up having a gain this week. Wrong direction!

So I'm going back on SS tomorrow... Wish me luck!

If you are working up the steps towards maintenance as advised then dramatic regains should not be happening BUT as you probably know they are not fat, they are water weight (glycogen) due to the sudden change in the type and amount of food you are eating, and to the extra calories. The body reacts very fast to the end of the 'famine' and tries to hang onto every single new calorie to protect you from starving during the next lean period!

I strongly advise you to go on limiting carbs for some time when you go into maintenance, and only adding them back very slowly and gradually. This absolutely worked for me and my friends, as well as others on this site.

The idea of a VLCD is to get the weight off as fast as healthily possible and then to reintroduce you to normal but controlled eating. Over time you will learn which foods remain a problem for you, and which, don't. It's natural to be scared of 'real' food after a VLCD! But in time you will overcome this fear.

All the best to everyone x

Thanks :) I didn't have any carbs when I went back on to the SW system... I was doing a mix of cambridge portion sizes and SW red days. I think the problem was, I was eating too much for Cambridge, but not enough for SW.

I'm back on SS for a while, but will allow myself to do a VLC meal every now and again if I'm out and about :)

Hope everyone has a great week!

Back