CD Conference 20 day challenge

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Shrinking Nicky, 11 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Shrinking Nicky

Shrinking Nicky Cambridge Diet Counsellor

OK so it is 20 days till the Cambridge conference. Is anyone going currently trying to lose weight? Do you want to join me on a 20 day challenge?

I want to lose 1st by the conference. I want to wear a dress in the eve & I think if I get another stone off it should fit. I wore it 1st July last year to a friends wedding, it was also the day I found out I was pregnant (did a test before I went so I would know if I could drink or not!)

Hope to have others join me - if not I will post here every few days.

Nicky

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MrsM

MrsM Full Member

Hi

I will join u for that.

I would like to lose another 10lbs before then. Its my birthday too that day so wana be able to fit into something comfy and nice.

Bring it on

WE CAN DO THIS. WE WILL DO THIS.

Will try to keep you posted in between seeing clients and moving house all before the conference.

Good luck

mrsm

4. Shrinking Nicky

Good Luck Mrs M... both with the weight loss & house move, are you doing it yourself or getting people in?

Nicky

5. MrsM

MrsM Full Member

Thanks SN

Thankfully we have a removal firm moving us (b4 now we have always done it ourselves) but what with my workload and OHs too we couldnt manage it this time. With conferences and xmas just around the corner (and FIL 70th bday 4th Dec) i am thankful that the house we are moving into is immaculate and doesnt require any work. So straight in, decs up and then for the xmas shopping to begin. Thats the plan anyway...... however things dont always work out that way do they, still fingers crossed.

As yet i have absolutely no idea what to wear to the conference but am hoping to go shopping this Sunday with 3 other conference attendees so we can get some ideas. ( i am sorted for the day just the night to work out night. This is my 2nd year as a cdc at xmas and didnt attend last year so am unsure but excited all the same. One of the others has a full length frock which is gorgous but i dont know if thats me or not! Dont often get the chance to dress up so may take the opportunity this time to go the whole hog.

What is your dress like?

Look forward to losing weight with you and meeting you on Dec 1st.

WE CAN DO THIS

Take care

Mrsm

6. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    oooooo can I please join in this one, I want to get my 12lbs off ?????
    If I do it 100% i could be nearly there keep everthing crossed for me.

I am also trying to pack my house up but were not moving until the 19th Dec so just doing it bit by bit. Great timing eh.
    Look forward to meeting everyone on the 1st :D:D

ps MrsM love the picture, my favourite dogs. ( sadly lost both my two last year)

7. loobyloo85

loobyloo85 Louise

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey

i will join you for it too!
    i started last week so will of been on i a week tomorrow!
    Wanting to lose as much as possible before then!
    Get weighed on Friday so will let you know how i get on!

Good luck all of you
    Have a good week and keep us all updated!

Lou xx

8. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I'm in!!

I want to lose around 7 lbs before the conference or my (rather unforgiving) dress for the evening 'do' will show all the unwanted lumps and bumps :sigh:

Really looking forward to meeting you all :)

9. MandyB2

MandyB2 Moderator/CD Counsellor

Count me in guys... would deffo' like to drop a few lbs before 1st Dec:)

love xxxx:)

10. mrs c

mrs c Cambridge Consultant

Count me in as well want to loose about 10lb, as MrsM said we are going shopping, want to be able to wear something lovely, been in bed most of the last wk due to sciatica so oh been doing the cooking so need to loose a few lbs. Hope to meet you all at the conference, what sort of outfit is everyone wearing?

11. MrsM

MrsM Full Member

hi Sazzy

Sorry to hear about your dogs, its so so hard isnt it?

GSD my fave dog too (obviously). Her name is Sadie and she is gorgeous. She is so soft and soppy and is fab with my kids too. She is now 14months old and she was the only one of the litter with a curly tail (bit like a pig) I think this makes her even more lovely and she stands out from the crowd. We had her from 9 weeks. She wants to make a big fuss of everyone when they come to the door including clients. Alot of peeps hear her bark and think OMG but then she just wants to lick them to death. Shes just like a kid really, she loves to cuddle us all. My grandparents had GSDs so they have always been part of me.

Anyway good luck everyone trying to lose your last bit for the conference and look forward to meeting with you all.
    mrsm​

12. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    What's everyone starting at - and what do you want to get to by the Conference?

Me: I'm 10 st 11 lbs today. I began CD in Feb 2006 at 18 st 11 lbs and reached my target weight of 10 st 6 lbs last December (although have been as low as 10 st 1 lbs - for one momentous day!)

Ideally I want to be around 7 lbs less by 1st December, but anything under 10 st 7 lbs would be good for me :rolleyes:

13. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I'll be in business dress during the day (black skirt suit probably). For the evening, I've decided to opt for a knee-length cocktail dress rather than a long dress.

I thought of buying a long dress, but I think it would be rather a waste as I probably won't get the chance to wear it again :(

14. fat_2_fabulous

fat_2_fabulous Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world extra easy
    i only found out about the conference today when my new cdc foned me and asked me if i wanted to go!!!gutted cos i cant get it off work...all have fun tho :(:(:(!!!

xxx

15. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Awww that's such a shame F-2-F. It would have been great to meet you there.

Hopefully see you at a future meet though :)

16. Shrinking Nicky

My weight history...
    Nov 2005 I was 17st 2
    did slimfast for a month (could not get to a CDC as OH was working abroad) lost 1st
    2/1/06 started CD 16st 2
    3/7/06 11st 6 - pregnant!!!!
    14/3/07 baby Katie born
    16/4/07 started weighing 15st 9
    10/9/07 started CD 14st 8
    12/11/07 today 12st 13
    1/12/07 CD Conference day 11st 13 - THAT IS THE AIM!!!!

My dress is a long fitted, red, halterneck number... I just hope that it fits at 11st 13 (last wore it at 11 & a half)... even if it doesn't I will be happy!

then I will aim to get down to 10st in the new year.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Nicky

17. Bailey's Mummy

Bailey's Mummy New Member

Hiya - I'm new to Minimins - you are an inspiration - how do you set up the weight loss measure chart that you have?

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    The dress sounds gorgeous Nicky! I can't wait to see it and meet you on 1st December too :D

How did you get on today?

20. Shrinking Nicky

I have had another good day. I think because I have taken the bars out of the equation it is easier for me...just because I love them so much I always want an extra one! The difficult bit will be the next 3 days as I don't work Wed to Friday...got customers & running round after the children, but Mon & Tues I am away from home at the office which is easier for me.

Where is everyone staying? I need to look up where we are staying, it is about 2 1/2miles away from the conference.

Gotta go as I have a customer due in 5 mins & she is new so I want to tidy up a bit!!!!

Nicky

21. mrs c

mrs c Cambridge Consultant

staying in the hotel where the conference is, think that is what is happening now as my sponser has just changed as it will be easier being in the same hotel, not having to travel between hotels.

22. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I'm exactly the same with bars - one is never enough for me either :eek:

I'm staying at Chesford Grange too but only on the Saturday night. I was coming up on Friday, and booked a room for myself and my CDC/sponsor to share - then realised I had tickets for the Take That concert in London on the Friday! Doh!!! She's still coming up on Friday and will have the room all to herself instead of having to listen to my snoring .. lucky girl! *lol*

So I'll be getting up at stupid o'clock on Saturday morning to drive to Warwickshire (about a 2 hour drive) in time for registration instead of having a lovely lie-in :rolleyes:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.