CD Craft Club!

Fortnightly it is then ^_^

Great to find this little thread / club. I am an avid crafter (I have my own business Nyan Nyan Soy Candles) if you are a facebook user I am on there, there is a website but it is a bit dead at the moment (i.e. empty!) but I always have 2 months off after Christmas. Already today I have lined envelopes for my wedding invitations, started a cross stitch - but couldn't concentrate ... I am going to look through your ideas .. I think the key is definitely keeping busy!

Great to find this little thread / club. I am an avid crafter (I have my own business Nyan Nyan Soy Candles) if you are a facebook user I am on there, there is a website but it is a bit dead at the moment (i.e. empty!) but I always have 2 months off after Christmas. Already today I have lined envelopes for my wedding invitations, started a cross stitch - but couldn't concentrate ... I am going to look through your ideas .. I think the key is definitely keeping busy!

Fab hun :) I'm in a similar position with my business at the moment, been off for awhile struggling to get back into it now but January is sucha dead month for sales :(
Ah well I'll use it as an opportunity to get some new ideas sorted for valentines day.

Hello Ms Whale and welcome to our little diversion from food! Love your candles - I've started to stalk you on Facebook and etsy. I'm in love with lemon things so I think your sherbet candle might just be for me! I saw this on instructs les this morning - have you ever tried it? Orange Candle

I officially cannot knit. I am not tidy or patient enough. Lost lots of stitches last night and gave up! So, today is a day of surfing and football watching, oh and flicking through some new stitch books - Hoopla, the busy girls guide to sewing and indie craft.

I'll try and post what I've knitted so far, not sure if I can do that here or on Facebook but I'll let you know when I manage it. It may just be the poorest scarf you've ever seen!

Have a good day y'all x

Attachments

• Picture 1607.jpg
    Picture 1607.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 46
Anyone into geeky/cartoons and cross stitch? I've done some of the patterns from wee little stitches before, (star wars) and today they are giving away their Futurama pattern. Here's a link;

weelittlestitches

That's not a bad attempt at all! My scarf attempt was alot worse!
I've got 2 things to finish off tonight, both jewellery related thou. I'll post pictures after they've been cooked ;)

Thanks for the pattern blue girl, will save it for when I'm brave enough to give cross stitch a go!

Hi Bluegirl! Thank's for your kind words! No, ive never tried the orange candle idea ... Interesting, but orange pith smells pretty rank when lit so it would be interesting ... when I can have fruit in my house (obviously it's banned at the moment ;) ) I will give it a shot - if I tried it now I would probably end up licking the juice off my hands! lol! Thanks for your stalkage ... the more stalkers when it comes to Nyan Nyan the better! As I said before - great to find this thread, I need all the distraction I can get at the moment !!

Gosh cross stitch is a piece of cake, especially compared to knitting! Im making a right pigs ear of it! I have a cunning plan though, I will "embelish" it with buttons to hide where I've made the worst of messes. There's always an answer eh?!

Thanks for the reply Ms Whale, I cant have oranges in the house either. Never been on a diet before where I cant eat friut! But I'll keep it in mind for the future. Wonder how many id have to eat to manage to leave the core behind?

What are you cooking Krissy? Is it for your jewelery? xx

Cooking some fimo & Shrink plastic. The shrink plastic didn't turn out great, was abit bumpy :(

Here's what I made with the fimo; its a mock up of bag charms that are to be wedding favours. If she likes it she will order 10! Ran out of purple pearls though so it didnt go to plan

Attachments

• 20111229_232859.jpg
    20111229_232859.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 38
  • SAM_0956.jpg
    SAM_0956.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 33
  • SAM_0959.jpg
    SAM_0959.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 35
Oh loving the love heart bag charms, a fabulous wedding favour! I so far have 49 weddings to do - mostly they are vintage tea parties and I do all the decor and flowers and do menus, table numbers, place names in addition to actually running and managing all the weddings!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2090366661.jpg
    image-2090366661.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 33
  • image-237886267.jpg
    image-237886267.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 35
Yes I made my own mould using salt dough and liquid fimo, there's some tuts on youtube!
Lady says she LOVES them and wants to go ahead wooohoooooooooo!

Gorgeous pictures Oscarsmum! Could've used you when I was hosting my Alice in wonderland theme party lol

I would love to have one of those! Dunno if I could now I've already had a party lol. Will defo have a vintage/shabby chic theme wedding though ^_^
Eventually! Lol

Speaking of weddings ... :) I am getting married on the 28th of July in Prague - we are having an art deco theme - lots of tea cups and shabby chic gorgeousness, but we are also having a reception back in the UK in September .. Oscarsmommy .. wow .. loving your style so much! I am just about in love with tea cups, I make them into candles and have them all around my pad!

Krissy ... I admire anyone that can do lovely things with fimo!! Ive tried and everything ends up like something a 4 year old would do with playdough! So glad your client wants to go ahead!

Blue girl - crosstitch is a ***** - there is a reason they rhyme. Most of my "projects" have to be embellished in some way - I made a couple of funky reindeers with "welcome" over them for Christmas - "welcome" went very wrong which is where the great big piece of gingham ribbon came in - there was more ribbon that welcome sign!

Thanks Doll!
Its very fiddly stuff and picks up lint and dirt so easily it can ruin any project. I hate working with white fimo!

Good luck for your big day :)

Thank you reluctant-whale - our venue suits the vintage/shabby chic look! www.danbycastle.com. I need to update my website pictures as they are quite old now!

I love art deco, there was a fab art deco wedding featured on Love My Dress blog this morning, it was stunning! Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oh what clever people I've found on here! Loving the pics Oscarsmum - especially like the tin, I've got lots of vintage tins as planters in the garden, they look ace with daisy's in them. Are you a wedding planner?

I am still bloody knitting. Still at least it isnt nibbling. Hmmm x

Evening all!

Thought I would share my latest work before I put them on my jewellery page, a new keyring range.
These ones are specially for VLCD's ;)

Attachments

• shakes.jpg
    shakes.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 38
Back