CD Day 7...... Should I move up to SS+??

Hey guys! On day 7 of CD SS. After day 3 its been pretty good going really! But today I've fainted twice, I don't know if TOTM is responsible but hubby is getting really worried. :jelous:

Theres noway I'm giving up this diet but I'm wondering if I should try SS+? I just ddon't want to slow down my weight loss!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hi
You will need to ask your CDC
I'm on Day 6 and the when I told the counsellor on Thursday I was feeling faint she asked what time I was having shakes.
I told her first one at 12, next at tea time and last one 7.30 to 8.
She said I need to think about when I will eat meals once I come off the plan ie breakfast, lunch and dinner - so shakes should coincide with these times. I had my first one around 8, second at 1 and last one after 7 yesterday and felt much better. She said once you get two into you, you begin to feel more human. Hope this helps. I weighed yesterday morning on Day 5 and had lost 7lbs that's what keeps me motivated as well as reading everyone
Else's stories on here!
Good luck
X

I had some scary fainting a few weeks back. My doctor told me most fainting is caused by postural hypotension - nothing to do with low blood sugar.

So if you stand up quickly the blood can't get to your brain so to compensate your body shuts down the brain and pulls all the blood out of the muscles to send up there. It also happens when you go from hot to cold (so getting out of the bath is a double danger) because your blood has been busy filling all the capillaries under the skin (making light skins flushed and rosy) and there isn't enough blood left for your brain.

When we lose weight we also lower the volume of blood in our bodies (for the same reasons larger people often have high blood pressure) which makes all this more likely.

My doctor said that basically it's a b1tch but I have to live with it.

My doctor told me most fainting is caused by postural hypotension - nothing to do with low blood sugar.

I'd agree that this is most likely to be the cause. I wouldn't worry so much about spacing out your mealpacks but I would consider whether you're spacing out your water consumption enough. As Spangles says, the volume of your blood is important - and drinking at a steady rate (rather than gulping down 500ml of water every couple of hours) is likely to help keep your blood pressure at a nice even level.

Next time you feel faint, try reaching for a bottle of water and seeing if it helps. If it doesn't, then there might be another underlying cause - in which case, go and see your doctor.

Thanks bex! And thanks guys for all your advice, I asked me CDC about the fainting ect and she said basically the same as you folks! Soooo I'm not going to move to ss+, just going to stick it out, after all it's not forever! X

Well done on those 10lbs! :clap:

Back