CD is my crutch .... anyone else feel like this ???

FatAsh

Hi All,

Do any of you remember me, I started CD SS May 07 and lost 4 stone in 4 months, it's the best diet I have every done, the weight falls off you, then I cheated and that was it, I can't get back on it 100% again. I have put on 11lb which is not bad in all that time I suppose, and that included getting married in South Africa in December and having a months holiday.

The trouble is now I can't get back onto it but everytime I say that's it now I'm going to do WW or SW I do it for a couple of days and something pulls me back to CD, it feels like I can't let go of it and I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this sort of thing ? I feel like CD is my crutch and I just can't give it up even though I can't get back on it 100% to lose this weight.

I still have about 2.5 stone to lose.

If only I could turn back the clock ........ I would never of cheated and just stuck to it until goal !!!!

Hi Ash,

I think you answer your own question in your very last paragraph - 'you wish you'd never cheated'. You want to turn back time and you think the way to do that is to 're-visit' your past weight loss success and all that is all tied up with CD.

I think you need to 're-frame' this and see it as something positive as opposed to something negative i.e. "a crutch".

Crutches are invariably presented in a very negative way - seen as something used by those who are 'disabled', something necessary to prop up something.

But Crutches are also very useful tools in assisting people to get from A to B and they stop people from falling over and they give people something to rest upon when they are tired. Crutches can be great!! They are "enablers"!!!

So come on girl - grab that sparkley CD crutch and start the march - 11lbs will be a piece of p*** on this diet - if you stick to it strictly, drink plent of water and do a bit of exercise you could shift that in 3 weeks (maybe even less).

So look up and not down - look forward and not back and stride it out with that good old CD crutch - who cares how you get there so long as you get there?!!
I am willing you on :hug99::hug99:

I don't know about you, but for me Cambridge diet is the only diet that has ever worked for me. The only diet that i have lost a considerable amount of weight on and that is because it takes away the root of all my problems - food! However, living in the real world is hard, food is around us all the time and i know i have issues with it. That is why, despite trying ww, sw and atkins over the last year i am now creeping back up in weight. I think the answer is to use Cambridge to lose the weight, then start the hard part which is trying to keep it off ... it's hard but totally worth it (and that 11lbs will be off in no time, i've lost 9lbs in 2 days!!) xx Julia xx

Ash I feel quite similar myself. I lost 5 1/2 stone on w.w and lost a further 2 1/2 stone on cambridge, I've been maintaining around 11stone for 6 months which is within a healthy b.m.i as I'm 5ft 7, but always wanted to get down to around 9.10 and if I'd just gone back to w.w I would have lost that extra 18 lbs by now but instead I kept thinking no I'll just go back onto cambridge when I can focus. I am back on it now and I'm hoping that this time I'll stay on it until those pounds are off but I do know exactly how you feel! Just try it one last time, the first few days are horrible but you know how good it feels once ketosis kicks in!!

xxx

Back