CD Newbie diary

Hey all I'm back on cd day 2 of ss looking to lose abit of weight that I gained since I came off cd in april I'm currently 181.2lbs want to get down to 165lbs in time for Xmas then try to stay around 170lbs for my wedding on 30/12/11. Day 1 was easy, today day 2 has been ok as my first time on cd ss I'm fine at work but struggle when at home, I had my shakes as soon as I came in with a pint of water as I knew my son was coming in with a McDonald's so managed to avoid it although it did smell nice! Well hoping to shift what I need in 2 weeks (as I had good losses last time, my body likes cd I was losing 5-7lbs a week on 810 plan) Will check in again soon hopefully my will can hold out I just keep telling myself last time I did this I did ss for 3 mths so I can breeze through 2-3weeks hopefully!

Last edited:
Hi all quick update day 5 and going well im now in ketosis and feeling good I haven't had any drop in Energy which is nice! I'm managing to keep up my water intake which is the hardest part for me mainly cause I keep forgetting! Weightloss wise 5days in and ive lost 5lbs which is abit slow compared to previous losses but I'll stick with it I really should wait a full week before weighing myself but I tend to do it daily a habit I've picked up during maintainance. Will update again soon.

Hi Greeva,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your losses will probably not be as good the second time around as being on a VLCD lowers your leptin levels and you need about 15% fewer calories to maintain your weight than you did before the VLCD. This is why when I started to regain I choose to go the CD810/SB route with increased fitness. I do not want to lower my metabolism any more than it is already.

Good to see you posting -- even when in maintenance people do check in from time to time. ;)

Mel

Back