cd prices going up 1st july !

5p per item i believe is the recommended increase

i was told by about £3 a week, im starting today how much is it now?

hey yummy mummy i pay 35 pounds for 21 shakes but it depends what you buy ie : if u want mix a moose or water flavouring ( i bought one yesterday orange flavour and omg its so lush

oh yeah forgot about them mouse and jelly things, cant remember what im doing lol can you have those on ss?

Yes you can have MAM and water flovouring on SS (thank god!) but it's recommended you don't have them until after your 2nd week. Don't know what I'd do without my daily MAM!

this is gonna be harder than i thought :-( i only managed 3weeks last time.

im starting today but its just the no food that im petrified about! i know thats the whole idea but i know how hard it is! what was that about hair falling out?

loooooool just a few people have mentioned it might happen but only to those that have loads to lose like me ! so please dont you worry about it ok ....................if you are going to ss your hunger will be removed try not to fret i do enough of that for all of us lol

Yes you can have MAM and water flovouring on SS (thank god!) but it's recommended you don't have them until after your 2nd week. Don't know what I'd do without my daily MAM!

whats MAM?

omg no way? well i bet my old cdc (the only one in pembrokeshire) will prob charge about £45 for 21 packs then a? lol cheek of it! they get enough from us as it is.. making money out of bigger people discusts me (sorry)

Hi there

I have not yet started but I am in eamil contact with my local CDC untill I can loose a few pounds to get me under a BMI of 40 and this is what her email says.

The cost at the moment is £34.65 for 21 sachets but is going up on the 1st of July to £35.30 for 21 sachets, the other products are more expensive and sold individually.

Hope that helps.

CDC's are at liberty to charge different prices however the RRP is as follows:

Bars £1.93 up 3 p
Powder shakes £1.68 up 3p
Ready Made shakes £1.90 up 5p

So if you are on powders only it is an increase of 63p per week.

Last edited:
I would love to become a CDC eventually. However I need to think about the financial implications. This would be a part-time or a spare-time (evening & weekends) job for me. How much is everything from the wholesale headquarters (or whereever the CDC's get their stock from) ?

You need to discuss this with your CDC as they will be the one to sponsor you.

omg no way? well i bet my old cdc (the only one in pembrokeshire) will prob charge about £45 for 21 packs then a? lol cheek of it! they get enough from us as it is.. making money out of bigger people discusts me (sorry)

CDC's can charge what they like - but clients can vote with their feet and move to another CDC if they feel their CDC is over chargiing them.

Amethyst - I take exception to your statement, as I don't think most CDC's make a huge profit from this business. It is a business - yes - but most of us charge RRP and are not out to exploit "bigger people" as you call them. We are there to provide a service and many of us do so to the best of our ability and work very hard to do so.

Back