CD restarter: Why do I think I'll manage to follow a "normal diet"

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet Returners' started by minime, 12 April 2008 Social URL.

1. minime

minime Gold Member

Why is it everytime I restart on CD I start thinking I could manage to lose weight on some other type of diet. If I could I wouldn't be back to CD again. I struggle so much with CD but I'd prefer that option rather than thinking I can control my food intake on another plan, when I so obviously can't. It is so frustrating. I can offer others advice about CD having being there previously, but why don't I take it on board myself.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. helsbels

helsbels Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge on and off
    i know what you mean. i stopped going a couple of weeks ago. i managed 3 weeks then thought that i could do it with slim-fast shakes. x amount chocolate later and pizza/wine i've gained weight. i went back to work 3 weeks ago and they all seem to be eating all the time, it's coffee with cake tea with biscuits (aaarggh). i emailed my cdc today and i'm going back on monday at 230 after i finish work. (here we go again). i've got a weeding on the 10 may and a girly night out at the end of may so will need to shirt a stone to feel like going to either of them. then my hols in august, by then i'm hoping i'd of lost my 4 stone. good luck though mini, i'll keep checking in to see how you are doing.

4. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Babes

Im right with you on this one! Ive been and done ww and got nowhere. I think with me its all or nothing (food or no food) trangely I can't stick to 24 points worth of food everyday but I can stick to CD (for the moment anyway!)

Good luck sweetie

xx

5. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    how are you doing Jools ? When did you re start CD , i remember when you was doing WW , your like me , i can't do SW or WW as i give up to soon , so i start back on CD and its day 10 for me today . Still hanging in there lol

6. helsbels

helsbels Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge on and off
    how's the 3 of you's doing then? i lost 2lb. ended up out on saturday as partner was away on stag do. got mam to babysit and i went out. then when i picked other half up from drop off point on the sunday we ended up getting pizza and chocolate as he was hung over. i've got the breaking strain of a kit kat.

7. minime

minime Gold Member

Hi Helsbel, I've given up on CD, it wasn't working for me because I wasn't in the right place. I have been following a calorie controlled low GI diet, 1st week loss was 6lbs which I'm happy with, cause even if I veer off track a little I won't get a 4lb gain. I've increased my exercising to 2 cardio classes and 3 toning classes per week so hopefully in the next few weeks I should be seeing a big difference. Sometimes, I think we just need to realise that CD isn't for everyone. I have spent approximately 13 months using CD to get off a stone, put it on and CD again to get it off, it wasn't doing me any good.

Good luck to you, I hope CD is the right plan for you.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.