CD to SW??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by meenie, 6 October 2010 Social URL.

1. meenie

meenie Member

Hello Everyone,

Wondering if anyone has any good advice for a possible swap I'm considering. I have been on the CD for just over 1 month and have lost a good amount of weight. However, it is a bit of a depressing meal plan and expensive. I have cut carbs down to a minimum and feel much better for it (and I really love carbs :)) but don't fancy WW and thought I would give SW a go. I am really worried I will pile the weight back on even if I still don't eat much carbs. So had anyone else made the swap and how did it go? Sorry if I've wrote this in the wrong place. Thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

I dont have any experience with switching from a VLCD to SW but as I understand it, it is likely that you will regain a little simply from switching. HOWEVER, you are not switching from a VLCD to "The Pie and Cake Diet" so although there will be a slight adjustment period, you should soon start losing again. Just give it time and patience. :)

4. raquel

raquel pink lady

Start Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Current Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    w/w
    most people have a gain the first week, my friend put on 5pound, but then started to have good weight loss, there after x

5. Lisaberry

Lisaberry Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6.3lb(31.13%)
    Diet:
    Changes like the wind!
    Hi!
    My advice to you would be if you're going to switch then make the decision and stick at it no matter what!
    I'm the same weight that I was a month ago because I keep faffing about... I start sw, see the scales go up then panic and go back on the shakes. Then I can't hack it, start eating again and so on and so on!

I guess it's a case of that first weeks weight loss was mainly water and you need to be prepared that a proportion that will go back on.

Are you going to try red days for a while to ease you back into carbs?

6. meenie

meenie Member

Oh thanks so much guys. That's really been helpful. Well done for the amazing weight loss.......wow!!! xx

7. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I've made the switch! Was on Lighter Life for 12 weeks - did mainly Red days when switching to SW but last week I did more Green and Extra Easy and gained half a pound - not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things - everyone came out with horror stories about how "it would all pile back on once you start eating" but I've stuck to the plan and exercised lots - so even though I have a little gain I know if I stick with it - it will come off again - a small price to pay to get my social life back :D

8. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    I hardly have carbs ! on red mainly. - apart from my 2 heb's that is !!! You may experience a small gain in the first week or two but then it'll settle down and you should start to lose again - you may lose on week 1 - which would be lovely.

Good luck and let us knwo how you get on.

Best Wishes

9. melarnz

melarnz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    You will have a little gain because it's your body re-filling all of the used up sugars in your organs that is used up in your 1st week going into ketosis.

However, the 1st time I swapped from vlcd to sw I was frustrated with the slow weight loss and went pack onto packs and was faffing about. If u make this choice - like someone else has said u need to stick to it.

I lost 8 stone on a vlcd and then put 3 back on because I was mucking about. Eating, not eating, binging , being healthy, following sw, following ww. My poor body didn't know what was going on.

I have now accepted there is no quick fix for me (I do think there is a place for vlcd but once you have fallen off, it's very hard to climb back on).

So do the switch if u happy to do that, but u may wish to reintroduce carbs slowly. Or u could just follow the plan and take the full hit in week one and go from there.

Good luck xx

10. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Well said Mel - can see you are getting on well with SW - slowly but surely we will get to target :D

11. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As the others have said really. I did LL and then switched to CD and suffered with some really nasty side effects, so looked at something that I knew would work.
    I gained 4lb in my first week, but that was just my body getting used to eating food again! The second week I lost that and more.
    I am never hungry, my family eat the same things as I do and dont feel that they are on a diet.
    Give it a try Hun, the weight wont come off as quickly as if you are doing a VLCD, but you will be changing your eating habits completely and will start to enjoy food again.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.