CDC and medication

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Purpleangel, 30 December 2010 Social URL.

1. Purpleangel

Purpleangel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    hi there - is anyone else on anti-depressants and doing CD? I am going to start CD soon and my mum worried it may not help me as i have started to pick up and feel myself again after 18 months.

Just wondered what other's experiences are of this.....you can private message me if you don't want to respond publicly....cheers :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    me. it's fine. i think diet helps with moods. on derivative of prozac.

edited to add.... it's fluoxetine i'm on... an alternative name for prozac the sunshine drug :D

Last edited: 31 December 2010
  4. ClairBear

ClairBear Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I am on Sertraline (have been for a few years) and to be honest apart from feeling a bit happier as I am doing something about my weight, I haven't felt any difference what so ever. I guess, if like me, you are an emotional eater, and if you are starting SS then you may feel down as you are giving up something really important to you - food! Having done that and given up a few years back i decided to do 810 this time round to limit the tantrums!!!

5. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA Full Member

me too, am on fluxotene, fairly high dose aswell, am going thru a messy divorce etc, and to be honest havent felt better, dnt think this diet effects it cos you dont really get the ups and downs that you do not normal carb diets.

6. emmey

emmey Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Avidlite
    am on fluoxetine and doing TFR . Medication hasn't been affected at all for me and doc confirmed so I reckon you should be just fine!!

7. Tarragon

Tarragon Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Diet:
    Still considering
    Was on a high dose of citalopram last time round, the diet made me feel great and i was able to start cutting my dose for first time in 5 years, I'm now nearly off them. Go for it! good luck x

8. Purpleangel

Purpleangel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    thanks guys i am on fluoxetine and i am so happy to be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! I was on citalopram but that didn't budge it. I just want to keep my progress up - aha - well on to CD it is :-D

9. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    :D GOOD

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.