CDC and medication

Purpleangel

Silver Member
hi there - is anyone else on anti-depressants and doing CD? I am going to start CD soon and my mum worried it may not help me as i have started to pick up and feel myself again after 18 months.

Just wondered what other's experiences are of this.....you can private message me if you don't want to respond publicly....cheers :D

me. it's fine. i think diet helps with moods. on derivative of prozac.

edited to add.... it's fluoxetine i'm on... an alternative name for prozac the sunshine drug :D

Last edited:
I am on Sertraline (have been for a few years) and to be honest apart from feeling a bit happier as I am doing something about my weight, I haven't felt any difference what so ever. I guess, if like me, you are an emotional eater, and if you are starting SS then you may feel down as you are giving up something really important to you - food! Having done that and given up a few years back i decided to do 810 this time round to limit the tantrums!!!

me too, am on fluxotene, fairly high dose aswell, am going thru a messy divorce etc, and to be honest havent felt better, dnt think this diet effects it cos you dont really get the ups and downs that you do not normal carb diets.

am on fluoxetine and doing TFR . Medication hasn't been affected at all for me and doc confirmed so I reckon you should be just fine!!

Was on a high dose of citalopram last time round, the diet made me feel great and i was able to start cutting my dose for first time in 5 years, I'm now nearly off them. Go for it! good luck x

thanks guys i am on fluoxetine and i am so happy to be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! I was on citalopram but that didn't budge it. I just want to keep my progress up - aha - well on to CD it is :-D

Back