CDC lack of support

SharonJayne1970

Silver Member
I am really fed up. There is only one CDC near where I live there are others but quite a way by car and I don't travel well. I don't know what sort of service a CDC is supposed to provide but I am very disheartened and I think that's why I keep going off track. I have text her a few times when I am struggling and she doesn't answer. When I go for weigh in she doesn't really chat about how my week has been or if I have struggled/suceeded. It almost feels like I am just buying the product from her and that's it.

Maybe I am expecting too much? I could really do with someone who I can chat with/text regularly. I know I can come here and get support but I don't like sitting in front of the computer all day it's too much of a distraction when I have other stuff in the house I should be doing.

well sharon. i know that mine tells me to text her if i have any problems at all. and that she always asks me how i've been. are you sure there aren't any others in your area? have you been in touch with head office because there are a lot that aren't listed on the website.

I hope things get better for you hon.

abz xx

Sharon . Your CDC seems like she just wants the money . If you texed her to say your struggling then she should make a point of getting back to you . I can understand you losing heart if you feel your falling on deaf ears . Why not ask in a post on here who wants to meet in the chat , when your low , will give you a boost?

Sorry to hear hun. Abz is right, you need to call the head office and see if they've got any others in your area who aren't listed on the website. Make do with this forum for now for your support though, we're always here!

I am really fed up. There is only one CDC near where I live there are others but quite a way by car and I don't travel well. I don't know what sort of service a CDC is supposed to provide

Contact Cambridge Diet head office and request this information regarding expectations one should receive from a CDC.

At the end of the day CDC's work part time, they have their own lives as well and perhaps she has taken on too much herself:confused:

but I am very disheartened and I think that's why I keep going off track.

I agree if we feel unsupported it is easy to feel disheartened and losing weight is very emotional journey... but ultimately going off track is our own responsibility as we are doing this for ourselves and our well being.

I have text her a few times when I am struggling and she doesn't answer.

I think contacting a CDC outside of making your appointments for daily support might be expecting too much.

When I go for weigh in she doesn't really chat about how my week has been or if I have struggled/suceeded.

Well if she is not taking the time to ask you how your week has went it does show a lack of interest on her part and does beg the question why is she bothering to be a CDC if she is not interested how her clients get on during the week.

It almost feels like I am just buying the product from her and that's it.

Maybe I am expecting too much? I could really do with someone who I can chat with/text regularly.

I know I can come here and get support but I don't like sitting in front of the computer all day it's too much of a distraction when I have other stuff in the house I should be doing.

As you have said you are busy yourself and don't really have the time either to be on line too much.

Perhaps if you started a thread asking for a text buddy support and outline what you are looking for you might that way get other members who would also like to be in contact via text.

In the mean time write down all your goals as to refresh them in your mind.

Take body measurements of yourself today.

Write down a time line of what your expectations are and where you want to be in one years time...

Get some new photos taken.

Make a new commitment to yourself.

Believe in yourself.

Believe you are worth it.

Visualize yourself at goal.

Take it one day at a time and give yourself a pat on the back for each day you do well and on those days you have a slip...dust yourself down and keep moving forward.

Love Mini xxx

Back