CDC Question-Is this allowed or in bad taste?

palmettofairy

I am living in Sweden and purchased my CD from the swedish website. They do not have all the choice that British people on the CDC do. Plus, I ended up paying roughly 6 pounds in postage:( .

I am heading to london and glasgow next week for a visit and I was wondering if it is polite or possible given CDC code of ethics to make an appointment with a CDC while in Britain and get supplies such as tetras and mouse mixes that are not available in Sweden. I also want the literature for the diet-- I spent over an hour reading it with my boyfriend who looked at it as an opportunity to learn swedish and not learn about the diet! Now, I cant remember what I read and I cant read it by myself so I am very dependent on him, which makes me a little frustrated.

What do you cdcs think? If I was upfront about not being a returning customer, would it be possible to get supplies or is that breaking a code of conduct?

Thanks!

I think that so long as you completed an MRF and went through the usual joining procedures that would be OK. I'm a CDC and wouldn't have an issue with that so long as everything was in order.

Good luck Palmetto...:)

As Diva says, hun - I can't imagine any CDC having a problem with that so long as the MRF's completed and you're fit to do the diet!

In fact, it's an excellent idea - especially if you are able to make a few trips over to the UK. I have a client who lives in Berlin but comes home every month to visit family and stocks up on her CD packs with me at the same time.

xxxx

I think that so long as you completed an MRF and went through the usual joining procedures that would be OK. I'm a CDC and wouldn't have an issue with that so long as everything was in order.

Good luck Palmetto...:)

Two questions....
When I signed up in Sweden-there was a medical form I needed to fill out, but I did not have to go to the doctor to get it signed-is it the same in the UK?

What other joining procedures are there- I cant find anything on the cs website.

Two questions....
When I signed up in Sweden-there was a medical form I needed to fill out, but I did not have to go to the doctor to get it signed-is it the same in the UK?

What other joining procedures are there- I cant find anything on the cs website.

Yes the medical form is probably the same - as long as there are no reasons why the CDC needs to get your Dr's permission then you can fill in the form, hand it back to your CDC and get yr Cambridge packs there and then!

No other joining procedures .... you'll get a booklet telling you about CD - hopefully be measured and weighed and any queries you have can be answered there and then!

Like Isobel I have a client who does not live locally to me - but visits once a month to collect her packs - and inbetween I keep in contact with her via email.

Good luck and hope it works out well for you!

Good Morning,

I'm afraid that in order for you to do this with a UK counsellor, you would have to come over to the UK (and see your counsellor) at least once a month.

If anyone has any questions, please email me on [email protected]

Many thanks,
Kerensa
PR Exec - Cambridge Health & Weight Plan

Back