CDCs do you advertise???

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
Hiya fellow CDCs,
I'm on the Cambridge "find a counsellor" webpage and get most of my clients from that - or word of mouth from my clients friends/family/work colleagues.

What I wanted to know is: how do you get your clients?? Do you advertise in local newspapers?? and if so what is your success rate?? During the last 9 months i have tried putting up adverts in shops/libraries - with no real success and run a small ad in local papers - with similar results.

Hi Beverley

No I must admit I don't advertise. Apart from the official website, and of course people knowing I'm a counsellor from the forums I'm on (as per Code of Conduct). Word of mouth, and with particularly successful clients I have had to produce a leaflet for them to give to answer the constant questions (and a thank you freebie or two :D )

Yes I give a freebie thank you sachet or bar to anyone who brings along another person.

Just wondered - as would like to do this more full time - and think I'll need to advertise .... but haven't been successful with posters/ads in newspapers/shop windows/library so far.

I'm not a CDC but thought you might like to know I found my CDC from the CD web site. There were 3 within driving distance so I emailed them all with some questions. I decided to go with the one who wrote the friendliest reply, she was also the only one who took the time to answer my questions in her email rather than just saying 'phone me' or asking for my phone number.

I get 1 day free for every person who I introduce to her who goes on to do CD. I would recommend her to anyone, I'm very impressed.

Hi Beverley, i know a Cdc who is a very sucsessfull Cdc and she advertises her groups in the local paper and thats where i first heard about Cd.

I also found my CDC from the web, none of them were based in my home town but a couple within easy travelling distance, and I chose the one who had posted her photo there because it seemed a friendly thing to do.

Back