- CDCs - HELP can i start ss whilst on antibiotics

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dogtanion, 18 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Dogtanion

Dogtanion Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    ww
    my friend wants to start cd tomorrow - she has done it before but just needs to loose a small gain (2 stone) she was diagnosed with a throat infection and wants to know if she can still start as planned

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Scottishmum

Scottishmum Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(29.67%)
    You don't say what kind of antibiotics she's on, as it can make a difference?

I started back on CD whilst on a long term course of Doxycyline (part of the Tetracycline group of antibiotics). I had horrendous diarrhoea with them until some clever CDC on here pointed out to me that Tetracycline shouldn't be taken with milk or lactose and of course the shakes contain skimmed milk.

Other than that I can't think of any reason why not.

4. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    I'm pretty sure the only real reason why she shouldn't is if she needs to take the antibiotics with food, as is the case with some medication. I'm always on the blasted things (or so it seems anyway) and often the GP has said "make sure you take it before (or after in some cases) food". So if that's the case she would need to eat something, but otherwise I don't think there should be a problem.

Sure a CDC will be along to advise but this is my understanding as my CDC explained to me.

xxx

5. Dogtanion

Dogtanion Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    ww
    thanx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.