CDC's scales or my own scales??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dietingdon, 18 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    When I did CD last year, I weighed on my own scales each week, and told my CDC what I'd lost. I was always 110% honest, because at the end of the day, Id only have been lying to myself. I did this for several reasons, 1, I wanted to weigh 1st thing in the morning, 2, I wanted to weigh in my underwear and 3, my old CDC had very old scales, and weighed on carpet, which I don't see as accurate. Anyway, I'm due to re-start in 10 days time, and, although my new CDC has digital scales, I really don't want to weigh at a different time each week, and fully clothed. I'm thinking of weighing in on my own scales each wednesday (CD day), 1st thing, and using that as my 'official' WI results, dispite what my CDC scales say later that day. What do people think of this??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Wants to shed pounds more

I had this dilemma when I first started. My old scales were about 1/2 a stone out in comparison to the Drs scales, yet my CDCs scales were ANOTHER 1/2 stone on top of that. In the end I use both and I submit the CDCs weight here online. If I am losing weight on BOTH scales, then its working lol :)

4. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    I used both mine and CDCs scales there was always 6 lb difference in them but I did morning naked after wee:D at home and clothed after dinner at CDC so the weight loss was always the same just she always had me 6lb heavier .Id used the on the weighs you the least always best for a confidence boost :8855:

5. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Sounds like a plan to me, I always used to do both as my CDC weigh in was in the evening - I used to keep a track of both. I have always weighed myself daily and still do.

xx

6. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I think I will keep track of both, but use my own morning WI as what I post, as my official weight. If I was weighing with my CDC the same time each week, I wouldn't mind as much, but as I do shifts, it'll be totally different each week.

7. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    When i last did CD, i used to weigh myself in the morning on WI day and then get weighed in the evening on CDCs scales. I used to note both losses down and just continue like that. Any difference in weight would be due to clothes, water and the type of scales really. But as long as the numbers are going down then you know you're losing weight.

My New CDC also did this when she was on the diet. Theres no harm in it and its more motivating when you weigh yourself in the morning and you're slightly lighter.

My GP told me that our weight changes constantly throughout the day anyway, so i guess first thing in the morning will give the most accurate loss.

xx

8. trisha

trisha likes to post

Diet:
    healthy eating
    I weigh on both as well, my own in the morning and cdc normally in the evening, I find if i've drunk loads of water during the day I weigh heavier on cdc scales, if I get weighed in the morning on cdc scales they are same as mine!

9. LadyHemlock

LadyHemlock Helsinki Vampire

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.8lb(21.93%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi :)
    I weigh on both. I always weigh 1lb more at my CDC but thats just because I'm fully clothed! Go for the naked weight :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.