Cee's Diary - The proof is not in the pudding

*Cee*

Although the process had begun when a chest infection had buggered up the plan for a while, I am very soon going to be back on track and starting my plan on a better health and eating plan.
I want to log a few things here at the start of this just as a record of any achievements, for the record I try not to put any biscuits in the shopping trolley now, crisps are a thing of the past entirely, don't miss them. I do indulge, for the time being, a packet of licorice that is my chewing gum substitue in the car and I'll probably get sick of it sooner than chewing gum so hopefully that will curb in the end. I slipped off the wagon as it were these past 2 weeks due to the chest infection, had no energy to stand at the juicer let alone peel an orange for it. I bought fizzy lemonade, but not diet. Which strangely perked me up a little but when its gone it's gone now I'm juicing again.
Indulged in a "fry" although nothing was fried so I'll say I indulged in a "forman" as we'd been to the farm shop and they do lovely tasting sausages, crystalised onion and sweet chili, so I had one of each as a kind of goodbye as I don't eat them much anyway due to my gallstones, but I can live without them and the plan is chicken and fish from now on.
Anyway due to me forgetting to take my meds for reflux boy did I suffer last night! I downed some fizzy again just to bring some wind up...
So! onwards and upwards this is my "Captainslog" I've got a week before the shop again, plenty of fruit and veg to keep me going til then and afterwards I'll be starting on my 14 Day Juicemaster plan. Now for the current problem list, the following are ailments I live with and if this plan works I should see a vast improvement in the months to come, which is why I'm doing this. I'm sure people are sick of me moaning about "this is wrong with me today" and "that is wrong with me today" I know I would be! So I'm going to do this so I can change that to "I'm feeling great, no this or that for ages now" Proof is not in the pudding!

Ailments just for the record
Overweight and keeping a check on it weekly, have lost around 8lbs since around 14 March just by cutting out the crap and doing a detox which backfired on me although the weight loss and change of mindset in just one day proved a lot!

Gallstones - mentioned above have had these or at least lately aware they are still there since 2010, started out in agony but the docs said I had to lose weight before they'd operate. My story is I'd lost 2 stone already at that stage! I gained it back trying to lose it, the fact they would do nothig, that I was scared to eat ANYTHING that could bring on the pain and got hooked on safe "fat free marshmallows!" did it for sure, knowng what I know now of course I'm surprised my tests didn't come up with diabetis after all that for sure!

High Bad cholestral - Doc had me try all the statins available which endured too much muscular pain, I was trying to exercise to bring it down but the pills had the adverse effect and it didn't work. I've not had my cholestral checked in about a year!

Migraines and Headaches - these rule me, they are a huge factor as to why the above had occured I'm sure, to exercise brings on a headached so I avoid it. If I had a migraine I would be lying around as much as possible all day until I had to get up for work. It's took that last year to get the docs to sort me out with an excellent pain killer that works for me! But I don't want to take it permanently and these are going down every month! The upside is within 15 minutes I know its worked and I don't have to sleep all day the minimum side effect would be a dry to borderline sore throat

Psoriasis - Had this since I was a teenager, always on my scalp and here and there on elbows, feet and now my ruddy hands! It has been virtually ignored these past 2 weeks but with cream when I remember and plasters for the cracks I've not had it bother me. It gets better for a week then flares up again, a ruddy nightmare but the dermatologist says it's not related to my monthly cycle.... they said that about my migraines!

26th April Original log on Facebook

The current state of play is the chest infection is still hanging in there, my first week back to work was extremely tiring but the juicing has well recommenced and the healthy eating still ongoing. The cupboards have had a good clear out, ridding them of anything out of date and stuff that is way too bad for me or never going to see my stomach ever again.

I'm following Jason Vale at the moment, his books make a lot of sense and inspiration and its not all about juicing. I'm constantly reading new features on health and how to assist weight loss and maintaining a good diet. I did lose an extra few pounds in the onset of the infection which was gained but am pleased to say that last week saw the 2lb lost and I'm still going strong.

I have refused chocolate at work now and I can say no to many temptations. I do find it harder at work in the evening when I decide not to take bread with me, due to the school holidays I've always got into the habit of eating a good dinner before 4 and go to work with just fruit but its making me hungry and by 10 at home time I'm feeling that I could eat anything...

Fizzy drinks are a thing of the past, anything with aspartame and artificial sweeteners will no longer be indulged, slimming foods can stay on the shelves, anything processed and chemically made will no longer pass my lips. I want my body to become chemical free so I no longer have to take the prescribed drugs any more... This log or diary is going to be proof to anyone reading that this really is the only way to go forward if you want to live healthy for life, If i can turn my symptoms round like Jason Vale then I know I can move on and spread the word to anyone who wants to listen.

Back