celeariac help needed please

geordiegirl

right me lovelies ...... ..i bought one , now what ????

how do i peel it first ??? like a turnip ?

i would like to try making chips with it ,and maybe some mash on sunday

help needed please :)

its a really ugly looking thing , would never have bought one before doing low carb

LOL, they are damned ugly.

You'll need to peel it well, they have a very thick tough skin, after that you can do anything you like. Treat it like potato or swede and stuff.

I've never heard of this to be honest. I think i'll check it out in the supermarket tonight. If I treat it like a potato, does that mean literally? I.e I can boil, roast, mash etc? What does it taste like?

It's hard to describe the taste really, sort of halfway between a turnip and a swede. I love celeriac chips. :)

Image000.jpg

to make the chips jim , do i just peel then fry ????? seems to easy LOL

OooOO help needed as to how to make that ditzee , i'm a hopeless cook mind so hope its easy

oh and i'm a jims angel now as well xxxxxxx happy days:)

thanks , anytime over the next few days if you can would be brill x

must try this :D
*pops it on the shopping list for this week*

Jim are you sure that's not a brain you've photographed LOL? I've never seen one of those in the supermarket! What do they taste like - might have to go this a go. :8855:

Can I have Pepperamis on Induction - they only have 0.6g of carbs a stick?

Thanks Ditzee xx ;)

i just bought a can of celeriac in vinegar. Not sure what to do with them!

well ....i'm made the chips and they were nice .........had a bit sweetness to them , but they are a good alternative to potatoes

it was a mare to peel and chop thou , and it looked horrid but don't let that put you off

Pickled celeriac, I've never heard of that girly, what's the carb count?

Back