Celebrity Masterchef - who watches it?

I love this programme, it has me on the edge of my seat! Personally, although I love Christine, I want Dick to win - I think he's fab.

However, I said to hubby from the beginning that I think Neil will win. We shall see!

Before this programme I could NOT stand Christine but being on here I think she has shown a totally different side to herself. I like her! For me though I want Dick or Lisa to win x

I don't really mind who wins. I thought Neil's organisation was hopeless last night, but in the end the food he produced was good. Christine is someone I didn't expect to like, but I admire now for her hard work and tenacity, and the way she is happy to help out when things aren't going too well for someone else. Lisa is sweet and modest, I like her a lot. I am not sure about Dick - I don't know anything about him apart from what I have seen in this programme. I find the moustache very offputting, which is a bit trivial of me, but it is hard to ignore it!

I am amazed by how hard everyone is working. The chefs at Harrow have to do that every day - it really was an eyeopener to see how food is produced in that kind of quantity.

I like seeing behind the scenes in restaurants - when I was working I used to get taken out to lunch quite regularly and I really miss that now I am retired. So it is interesting to see what places I have read reviews about, are really like.

I'm just loving the programme - Lisa or Christine to win!

Hands up who then *NEEDED* Lemon Meringue Pie after last night?

:wave_cry:

(But I was a good girl and had lemon curd on scan bran instead) ;) xx

Well. I think that tonight's result was the right one, but it was close. I am glad I was not making the decision. I did so want some of Lisa's raspberry icecream!!!

Brilliant all of them. I think the right one went, Neil. Now he really has something to cry about.

Dicks tash bothers me as well. Somehow it looks so unhygenic.

Christine is still Queen of the kitchen and deserves to win. Even when she is flustered she produces good food.

The final is going to be awesome.

I just love Christine - those scary 3 judges and she skips out of the room in a fluster chirping 'back with pud in a minute' (or words to that effect!) - she's a gem!

Lisa redeemed herself last night and wants this really badly but needs to get over her self doubt.

And I agree with you Sue about Dick - that tash is most offputting! His food is too 'out there' for me.

Roll on Wednesday! xx

I said to OH last night that taches shouldn't be allowed to be that big. It makes you wonder what's hidden in it! :eek:

Talking of hygiene, if I see them running their fingers through their hair and then going back to the cooking one more time I will scream! Lisa is the only one who doesn't seem to do it, and that is because her hair is usually sensibly tied back.

Apparently some freelance journalist from Nice said that a salad nicoise shouldn't have potatoes or green beans either. hmm!

I have read somewhere that it should have red peppers and artichoke hearts, and no lettuce!

It is one of those recipes which has so many variations.

Good article - better than I thought it would be from the silly headline.

When I worked in a press office I once told a journalist I had been working with on an article that I didn't like the headline. I was surprised (I was new - I was soon to learn that I should never be surprised by anything that happens in journalism!!) when he told me that the journalist never writes the headline - in fact, doesn't usually know what it is going to be until he or she reads it in the paper.

Neil left on Friday, they all made little mistakes but his food really wasn't up to scratch compared to the others which surprised me as he's been so good. The final starts again on Wednesday, I can't wait!

Back