Celeriac chips

kittykat6279

Mad Take Thatter!
Omg just made these for the first time, sprinkled them with paprika and whacked them in the oven! Sooooo gorgeous! Tasted like roast parsnip mmmmm :)

I looked in asda for it last week but couldnt find it, but there it was last night so had to try it.

I just had my first taste today too. So lush!

Its a winter vegetable so pretty hard to find this time of year. I bought one from Sainsburys last week and when I cut into it (the next day) it was rotten all the way through. Not pleased!:(

i abso lurvvvvvv celeriac chips mmmmm
i chop mine up really small like mcdonalds chips then deep fry em in olive oil...yummy :0)

LOL< Yummy they are :)

I keep seeing celeriac in asda, picking it up then putting it down again, it just looks a bit weird.

Do they taste like actual potato chips???

Nope, kinda like parsnips, but not as strong. An aquired taste. I'd say, if you like parsnips and celery, then you'd like it. Has a mild underlyin hint of celery, strangely enough lol!

Well I hate celery and I hate parsnips so I wasn't expecting much when I bought one today

I LOVE IT!!!!

Chicken wrapped in bacon and celeriac chips with loads of salt and vinegar for my tea - LUSH!!!

I'm so happy I'm going out tomorrow to buy another.

Do make sure to count the carbs, I seem to remember them being mediumish level in celeriac. Between 7 and 9g carbs for 100g, which isn't much.

I checked the carbs on the packaging and it said something like 1.2 carbs for 100g. Not good if they're getting it wrong on the packaging! eeeek

Loved them at first....then all I could taste was coconutty celery....

Vile.

Maybe I cut them too thick?

Deep fried and smothered in garlic mayo...were nommy....might have to try them again now I've forgotten the taste haha!

Back