Cerazette

i was on cerazette from April 08 to Christmas 2009. It made me have a dodgy relationship with food,made me moody although I couldnt see it and has killed my libedo - its only just coming back. On the upside it seems to have come out of my system a lot quicker than Dianette which I was on prior to baby - that took a year. Its all down to your body, having no periods was fab tho!

The only thing i would say is you have to take it at the same time everyday. I missed one and had to get the morning after pill.

Cerazette is one of the only mini pills that you don't have to take at exactly the same time everyday. There is a 12 hour window just like there is with the combined pill.

I was on cerazette prior to ttc my daughter and I fell pregnant the first month after stopping it so it didn't seem to hang aorund in my system for long but I know others have had a different experience. I would have the occassional * week but it was much lighter and shorter than when not on the pill. I did notice after going back on it when my daughter was born that my libido more or less vanished but that could also be due to being a very busy working mum with better things to do like sleep, lol! I hope this pill suits you and you don't have any problems with it x

I've been taking this pill for 3 weeks. So far, I've had no problems with it at all and I usually have horrible side effects with the mini pill. My doc told me to take a double dose (so 2 pills a day) due to my bmi and I've managed to lose over one stone over the past 4 weeks at SW, so doesnt seem to be inhibiting weight loss. Good luck

oh god i was only told to take 1 and i weigh about same as you. We have only just started to have sex again as i was so frightened about falling pregnant again and also have post traumatic stress disorder from my sons birth so i think i will double up on condom and pill to be safe. I aint going through my pregnancy and birth again in a hurry i tell you 9 months of pure hell, but it was worth it for my son!!
x

Hi, I'm on Cerazette, it's brilliant - haven't had any bother with it with regard to weight loss :) x

i think it's 1% less safe than the combined pill, so about 98% safe.

if you're worried use condoms too. no pill is 100% safe.

I love being on Cerezette - Claire you wouldnt like it cos there is no guaranteed period....and you thought that was strange!!! haha! x

please to see some good reviews for this pill. i've just started taking it this week, and had been looking on internet and beginning to wonder if i was doing the right thing. hope i'm lucky had have no periods!!:)

Even the humble aspirin has some bad press on the Internet.

Whatever we look up we will always find the minuses as well as the pluses.

On a slightly funny note. When I saw the name Cerazette it meant nothing to me. Absolutely nothing. As we are a very cosmopolitan site I thought ah......... as Cerveza is the Spanish for beer, this could be Italian for beer and has been posted by someone from Italy. Imagine my mirth when I saw it was birth control pill. lol

This site has been such a learning curve for me.

Last edited:
This thread makes for interesting reading! I've been on Cerazette for almost a year now, my periods slowed right down and I haven't had one since Easter (fab for me because I've suffered with awful periods for years!). As someone else has said though, I've definitely lost my mojo during the last few months and have horrendous mood swings from time to time.

I don't know whether that's down to the pill or not though, had a few lifestyle changes going on at the same time as going on the pill (moved back home after uni, working two jobs, OH moved away, lacking job security...) so don't know whether it's the pill, or just life in general!!

I used to have the injection, was on that for about 3 years. Only came off it about 3 or 4 months ago, but still no periods. The doctor did mention that not to worry as the depo can take upto 18months to come out of your system. I haven't changed onto the pill or anything.

Then again, I did like the injection, no periods too! Woohoo and I didn't gain weight. I've just stayed at the same point I was when I came off SW after losing 3stone last time. Just been a loooooong maintain. :p

Can I ask a question of all you young things whose bodies still have the wherewithal to produce babies as this old fart grew up in an age of very hit and miss contraception. The most certain contraceptive for me being terrified of what my dad would do to me if I got pregnant before I got married !!!

Boy have times changed and thank goodness they have. I am all for today's approach to contraception and if I had a young daughter today I would definitely sit her down, hear her views on sex and contraception and then advice her accordingly. There should be no embarrassment about something so natural.

Well ladies, at last I have got to the point of the question, long winded old fart that I am.

Is it not unnatural to use a birth control pill that prohibits periods ?? Periods are a natural occurrence, a natural bodily function for women of child bearing years.

I would love to hear the explanation and as I have said on another post somewhere, I learn so much on here.

Thanks !!

xxx

Back