Cerazette

lizbag

Hi

I was put on these by my Dr after getting frequent migraines with another high progesterone pill.

Has anyone else any experience with this drug? I've been taking it for 3 weeks, and in the last week I've been demotivated, bloated and bleeding. Apparently this pill shouldn't make you bleed at all! But I've read about a lot of women having the same experiences.

Booo. Think I'm going to stop taking it and hopefully all the symptoms will go.

I took it for around 7 years. I didn't bleed after the first few months (this wasn't instant) but did get more migraines which have reduced in frequency again since I came off it.

I read a lot of stories of women miscarrying early on after stopping it and getting pregnant a few months after their periods restarted - their speculation was that their progesterone levels weren't right for sustaining pregnancy, the GP will tell you this is anecdotal and to be ignored. But to me it says that it may mess with the hormones in a way that doesn't just magically stop if you've taken it for awhile and then come off.

Would I take it again? Personally not but that's because I feel better off it. :)

I went on it for a few weeks but ended up with muscle spasms in my stomach area and bloating!! It was so painful and horrible!! They took me off it and put it down on my file as an allergic reaction!

I wouldn't recommend it at all!! X

Oh forgot to say... I was getting constant migraines too and they changed my pill to cerazette and then when it had such a bad reaction I came off it and they put me on a small dose of amitryptyline (sp..??) which is a anti depressant. Done wonders for me!! X

I took it for about 3 months after having my daughter, and bled constantly, it was awful. I stopped taking it and tried a different brand instead (femulen I think). One of the reasons the nurse gave me Cerazette was that it is similar in what it contains to the implant, and if I reacted badly to it then she advised me not to have the implant - as it made me feel so rubbish and bleed all the time I decided not to bother with the implant even though I have heard lots of people say it's great. I guess every thing doesn't agree with every body!

Women have got a raw deal. I've decided to stay off any sort of hormones for a while. Pretty sure the amount of exercise I'm doing will lessen my PMS.

Glad to know it's not just me who had problems, as far as I can see there are more bad reactions than good to it.

How's everyone's week going?

Back