Cereal/Protien for Breakfast

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating Forum' started by kcnjason, 4 July 2011 Social URL.

1. kcnjason

kcnjason New Member

I love to eat a cereal combo for breakfast. I usually eat 1/2 an apple with some cottage cheese and a combo of cereal. I think I may need more protien at breakfast but do not really want to give up my cereal/fruit combo. The reason is because usually about 2 hours after I eat I feel I need something else. Usually if I eat an omlet or burrito for breakfast I miss the cereal combo. It sounds strange I know but I am curious if I eat my cereal combo if it would be reasonable to eat 1 or 2 egg whites scrambled. I'm looking for ideas of something that I can eat with my cereal but also keep my calorie/fat level low. What do you eat for breakfast? What is your ideas for breakfast? I would love ideas!!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rambling rose

rambling rose Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(10.59%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    My breakfasts are pretty boring really, just branflakes with mixed fruit on top to sweeten, or Special K etc.

Not sure about your combo, but have you looked at Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com ?

There, you can set up your profile & log your food by weight & it tells you the calorific levels etc, that might help you..

The 'community' section has a food section/recipes etc .. they give you lots of tips & ideas for breakfasts.

4. LittleSis

LittleSis Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.5lb(-0.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!!
    I'm a porridge and banana girl myself :)

5. HungryHealthyHappy

HungryHealthyHappy Banned

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(38.56%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Yes, there is no reason why you can't have an egg white omelette after your cereal. They are low in calories and very good for you. Depending on what cereal you are eating though, you should really try to avoid it, as most of it is full of added nasties.

I eat porridge in the morning :)

6. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    im a bran flakes and fruits person :)

7. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I love fruit and fibre in the morning, or porridge.. yum!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.