Cereals 4 Breakfast

Irene

Silver Member
Hi
I am a SW member and L really like Cornflakes and Special K with Red Berries. Can I count these as a B choice? Or are they syns?
Thanks Irene

Hi Fiona,
Thanks for that info.
I just find that if I eat cornflakes once a week - to be blunt it helps me 'go' if you know what I mean!!1:eek: and the Special K is just for change.
Irene

I do know what you mean!
Do you have access to lifeline online?
If you go into the food diary part there are drop down lists that will show you all the healthy extras available.
New ones get added all the time and the books are only usually updated once a year so the website is much more up-to-date.
There might be something similar there that you could try that might help!
Oh, welcome to MiniMins! :D

Special K with red berries is 5 1/2 syns. My daughter went on the syn calculator yesterday.:sigh:

Hi Fiona,
Thanks for the welcome.
I am confused - when looking in my 'shop to slim at Asda book' the syns for the 2 cereals I have mentioned and shreddies (which IS a B choice are all 5 syns) hence why I thought they would be okIs lifeline online on the SW site?
Irene:rolleyes:

Hi Fiona,
Thanks for the welcome.
I am confused - when looking in my 'shop to slim at Asda book' the syns for the 2 cereals I have mentioned and shreddies (which IS a B choice are all 5 syns) hence why I thought they would be okIs lifeline online on the SW site?
Irene:rolleyes:
The reason they're not a B choice is because they don't have enough fibre content.
Yes lifeline online is in the SW website. You can get the password from your class each week!

Hi
I will have to limit the cereals to maybe once a week as I am determined that it is a new start for 2008 even though there are still goodies around from Christmas:sigh:
Want to (re-phrase that WILL lose 1 stone 4lbs by Easter):p that is my 1st target weight.
Irene

Hi Fiona,
Yes found the site and have my password for this week. Makes sense regarding the fibre content regarding the syn value, but hey I though Fibre 'helped' and it is Cornflakes that help me!!!!
Irene

Hi
I will have to limit the cereals to maybe once a week as I am determined that it is a new start for 2008 even though there are still goodies around from Christmas:sigh:
Want to (re-phrase that WILL lose 1 stone 4lbs by Easter):p that is my 1st target weight.
Irene
I never had a problem with the cereals, it's the bread that did me no good! I used to like the sultana bran. Yummy!
Ten weeks tomorrow is Good Friday so you can easily lose 18lbs, it's less than 2lbs a week!

Hi Fiona,
Yes found the site and have my password for this week. Makes sense regarding the fibre content regarding the syn value, but hey I though Fibre 'helped' and it is Cornflakes that help me!!!!
Irene
I did have a consultant that once said that if it didn't affect your weight loss then we could swap wholemeal bread for white.....maybe the same is true for cereal....? (you didn't hear it from me! ;))

God almighty if you stick to the diet you will lose loads by easter! Good luck! enjoy!

Hi Fiona,
Makes sense regarding the swap. We have a toast club at work so I have one slice of W/M, some days I may have white instead and never noticed any difference, some weeks I lose, gain or maintain. I know if I didn't have the one slice and abstained I wouldn't keep to it so include it as part of the SW plan.
I won't tell anyone it was you!!!!!
Thanks Irene

Eveybody's friendly here! Check out the Newcomers forum if you haven't already, that's a great place to start. :D

Hi
Toast club is 'our morning break' at work and we pay for tea/coffee and toast - nothing exciting - sorry realised it was daft to call it that on here.
Irene

Hiya Irene, i have lost 5st with SW before but i put it all back on when i got pregnant and had severe pre-eclampsia at 27weeks. I was pumped full of steriods and you know how it is like having children rush rush rush-which meant i didnt eat properly and survived on high sugar foods just to keep me going.
I started on Cambridge diet on Monday and lasted 48hrs, omg i didnt realise how bad i would feel, i can cope with smelly breath, headaches, hunger but NOT dizzyness!! i nearly crashed my car! NOT good!:break_diet:so i have decided that i will do slimming world again and boy do i appriciate what i can eat now after doing the Cambridge!!! and i seem to have more control and value what i put in my mouth ....eat it slowly savour the taste! before i would eat two packets of crisps and once finished not realise what flavour they were because i just shoveled them down my mouth!!!!:sigh: Jeepers did i just admit to that?:eek:

Good luck and i will be keeping everyone updated on my loss next week!

SO REMEMBER ENJOY YOUR FOOD, EAT SLOWLY, TASTE IT!! AN TRY AND DRINK 4PINTS OF WATER A DAY BECAUSE IT WILL ALSO SPEED YOUR LOSS UP.
Ruthy xxx

Hi Ruthy
OMG I forget about the water!!!!
Must start, find it hard, will start tomorrow with a glass on my desk and then I think if slipped slowly I should get through a few glassses.
Off to make my lunch for tomorrow - Pasta with Tuna, Onions, Corn and peppers.
Irene

Back