Chafing thighs???

amberglover91

Hi ladies,

This is something I really struggle with.
I am trying to lose weight which will obviously ease the problem in time but I go on holiday to Ibiza in less than 3 weeks and the chafing is a BIG issue.

Has anyone got any suitable remedies or tips to make my holiday more enjoyable?

Thanks

Hi amberglover91,

I really struggle with this as well, and have tried all manner of things to solve it.

The best solution I have come up with is to wear those tighter fit cotton boxers when out walking around town (how embarrassing, but had a good laugh with hubby about underwear swapping possibilities!) just long enough to cover the area that chafes, but short enough so it can't be seen under skirts. When in swimwear or in shorter skirts I use some anti chafing balm from Boots, which did help but wasn't as good as the boxers, although far more suitable for the beach!

I really feel for you as it is so uncomfortable, I was trying to just manage with talc and cream, but ended up with sore bleeding patches so went for the boxers - was an instant relief!

Hope it helps, and enjoy your holiday!

Freya

Thanks Freya will definitely give it a try!

Honest it's so frustrating and really hurts. Don't think some people appreciate how nasty it is!

So il defo give those suggestions a try :)

Also if you can get short pe shorts. They are pretty good. (I buy mine from Tesco in school wear part.! As they are streachy.!!
(15 to16 years fit great!) honestly they are fab.
I don't get chafing just don't like being sweaty and hot when in a hot country

Last edited:
That's a good idea, never thought of that!
Though I have an abnormally large bum so not sure if it'll squeeze in haha

They are streachy. And I wore them before I started my sw journey. I think they are only five pounds for 2 or 3 pairs. You can always try!

Gym shorts are a great idea and probably less embarrassing than boxers! I wasn't as well prepared as you though and had to use what was on hand (or in hubbys suitcase!) to try and help the pain, but am going to get some gym shorts before we go on holiday later this year! I carry my weight in my bum too, so will look for some really stretchy ones! Just make sure they are long enough to cover then areas that rub.

It is horrible, has ruined a few holidays for me as it hurt too much to walk anywhere and just made me miserable!

i have bought some gym shorts from asda think they was three pounds

true autum

i saw them and thought wow for that price there great plus it saves the rubbing i have tried all the creams and things but they do not work on me they make it worst i know its down to my weight but im trying hard lolol

Chezz - £3 is great, do you mind me asking how long they are in the leg, and what sizes they go up to, if you remember? I was having a look for some this afternoon, but could only find "back to school" ones that were not big enough as I'm currently a 16/18!

Glad I came across this thread, its something I've always struggled with. I never thought of shorts. I did use tights under my trousers for a while that was horrendous (due to the heat)

Let me know if anyone finds any decent cheap shorts, im size 16/18

:)

hi love they was in the womens section with the leggings and strappy tops they are just below the thighs there really great

Evans do 'comfort pants' in 3 sizes, they soak up the sweat and keep you cool. I have 3 pairs (white, flesh and black) I've just spent 2 weeks in Mexico where it's very humid and I had no problems when wearing skirts/dresses. They are just like cycling shorts but it a lighter/stretchier material. I wore a size 1 and I'm a 16/18 trouser wearer.

Back