Change of goal weight

Jo B

I've decided to change my goal weight - when I first started LL I decided that I wanted to get down to 12.5 stone, this would mean I would then be exactly 1 stone overweight. A peculiar goal some might say but I figured that if I could get to that the last stone didn't matter as I had been so big in the past (19 stone 9.5lbs) so what was 14 measily pounds.
I've been thinking about this over the last couple of weeks as that goal gets ever nearer (hopefully next week) and it seems pointless to get this far and not complete it, so I have decided to go for the nice round 100lbs loss - this then takes me to 7lbs below a healthy BMI. I have to say I am quite excited by it all!

Well done Jo. Why should you settle for a weight that you think you can get to becaue you think that's the best you should do. There's no reason why everyone can't get to tho weight they should be (if that's what they want).

I always thought I wanted to be 11st and a size 12. But now I am 12st 3lb and still only just going into a 14 I think I will need to be more 10st7lb. To be a healthy BMI i need to be 10st6lb but I really don't care abou BMI I just want to be a comfirtable size 12.

Just make your goals as realistic as you can. If you need to change them so be it. It's a womans perogative to change her mind it is not?!!

go for it!
i originally wanted to be a size 12 - and now i have clothes which are 6 and 8s!
daisy x

Wow Daisy, that is a great achievement. I said to my LLC that i wanted to be a size 12 and she said I bet when you get there you'll want to be a size 10. So we'll see.....

Thanks guys - when I first started I was going to see how it went for a month, then I was only definitely going to do the 14 weeks of foundation then RTM and here I am in developers! I am in the groove at the moment diet wise and it seems silly to stop now. As long as I am completely finished RTM by Chrstmas I will be happy. I would love to be a size 10 but not sure if I have the body shape for it, would be happy with a comfortable 12 (but lets see!)

I think we subconsciously set our goals to what we think we can achieve - a bit of a self-protection thing maybe. My first goal was to be a size 16 (I started at a size 20-22) - I was adamant that would be ok for me as I'm 5'8". When I got to a 16 I decided I wanted to be a 14, when I achieved that, I decided I wanted to be a 12 - I'm currently a 12 in some things, 14 in others. Not sure once I'm a comfortable 12 I'll want to go any further, but who knows?!!! :)

well done jo on your amazing losses so far , goodluck with the rest of youre journey , just think christmas in a slinky size 10 dress mmmmmm how amazing does that sound :0)xxx

I always thought I'd be delighted to be a size 14, but now I'm here and still in the overweight BMI I definitely want to get into the healthy BMI range and a size 10/12. It is so achievable!

I have set myself a target of 132lbs for two main reasons.
Firstly it puts me at a BMI of around 22.5 and gives me a 15lb leeway within the healthy range as I learn to manage my weight.
Secondly it is exactly half of my original starting weight. I know this is irrelevant, but I like the symmetry and it was so little difference from my initial intention to aim for 10 stone.

Given my Foundation losses I was sure I would be there by Sept/Oct and have completed RTM for Christmas. However my losses are a lot slower now for some reason and it's looking like I may only be hitting that goal in December. I may therefore revise my goal back to 10st to be able to have some choice at Christmas. BUT I reserve the right to reconsider at any time.

I do want to do this in a single hit though, and if that means I am restricted a bit over Christmas, then so be it! I want to ensure I feel as though I have achieved my goals and be able to have closure on the diet. I have already accepted that I will still be in full abstinence for my holiday in October. No problem. I am in exactly the right place to stay in abstinence.

Jo - Well done on pretty much hitting your initial goal. On LL we can achieve the weights and sizes we though were impossible when starting out. And yes, I'm sure you will know when you are happy and ready to move to RTM without it having to be a fixed weight or date. xx

Thanks ti! We've got a similar amount to lose -we can get there. Had a bit of a wobble yesterday, have got some yucky virus and am at home. My OH went out last night and I had major cravings for food, haven't had that happen for a while. No way was I going to eat but I just got a bit fed up with it all (after feeling so positive for weeks). I really hope that I continue to be strong over the next few weeks.
I know what you mean about the symmatry, that's why I've gone for the round 100lbs and part of me thinks I want to abstain for 26 weeks so it's a nice even 6 months!

Back