Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Change of target! have I done the right thing?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by mags1x, 28 March 2007 Social URL.

1. mags1x

mags1x mags

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Bit of this bit of that
    Have a good laugh at me ladies, I change my mind almost as often as underwear!

Anyway, strange goings on in my mirror have prompted me to change my target. For some reason I would just like some reassurance I am doing the right thing!

I have been thinking about it for a while and you may remember my post about how you chose your target.

I chose my original target after a chat with my doc, we agreed I wanted to be well into the healthy zone, and she suggested 8st 7 as being ideal. She also said not to get hung up and to be proud of what I have already achieved and it didn't matter if I went as low as that. I think I have been hung up.

I got my haircut a few weeks back, and I love it. I then had another bit taken off yesterday and I love it more. Today I was wearing a new top, and a combination of that and the haircut appears to have tricked my brain into taking it all in! I'm happy with the way I look! Its taken so long for me to actually see it in the mirror even though I knew the scales don't lie! (well sometimes they do but you know what I mean lol). I think its the haircut..... I don't look like the old me anymore. I look like someone younger, trendier. Someone at ease and fitting in with the world. I always used to feel like I stuck out a bit which is nonsense of course.

For a while I have been seeing 8st 7 as somewhat unachievable which is stupid on a vlcd its sooo achievable. I've just realised properly it looks unachievable simply because I don't really want it. I DO want to be healthy though...so....

I am moving my target to the old one scottish slimmers set me of 8st 12, which is still 4 pounds under a healthy bmi. quite excited and I've changed my ticker and everything!

Of couse a nice side effect of this little change is that my target is 5 pounds nearer.... do you think I have let my chatterbox get the better of me? or do you think I have taken a sensible informed decision? rofl feel free to say what you think. I am remembering my counsellor telling us "goals are very important but should be re-assessed regularly, it can be an 'adult' thing to change a goal"

A big chunk of me is saying 5 pounds really can't matter.... after all I will have lost 61....

Mags
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    I dont think you are being daft, or the CB is winning, Why not get to 8 12 and see how you feel?? I think as long as you are happy then thats all that matters x

4. mags1x

mags1x mags

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Bit of this bit of that
    Thanks Vicky, at 8 st 12, I will have achieved my desire to be healthy and if I choose I can change my goal again at that point you are right of course!

I think its all getting so tedious now that I just want this part over with. I would have given up any other diet by now and its only because I know in my heart I REALLY need to do the management or I would have walked away by now. Its so important after all this i don't want it to go back on.

Thats another reason to hurry it on I think as the more weeks I struggle the more my chatterbox may really win and make me think I can do it alone.... but I know I can't!

Mags
    xxx

5. stacey

stacey i love minimins me :)

hey hun, i think its a great idea :) as you say u r still in the healthy section, and at the end of the day its wats makes u the happiest and most comfortable thats the main thing

well done with ya weight lost :) u have done fab :)

xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.