Changes to SW Plan

yep, we were told that tom puree is free from now on :D and as long as u attend between xmas and new yr u get the new book for free.

also, another change is that shark is no longer a free food.

Hi all - my Consultant also said that we will get a free book if we attend between Christmas and I think 18th January.
Good news about the tomato puree - though I have discovered passata instead.
Shark - no longer free? Thats a strange one? I wonder why?

I have to be honest, if the rules for getting the new book is attendance over the Xmas and New Year period, for me that's a bit silly.

How many people will be away visiting relatives over that period of time? I for one will be away from Xmas Eve through to New Year's Day, so that's me not getting the new book then? Or will they count holidays as 'attendance'? Also, my new group is on a Monday - do groups still go ahead if it's a bank holiday?

I didn't go to group last week as I was poorly but plan on going this evening. I wasn't initially going to stay for class as I have tons to do this evening, but in light of this might stay and see if anything is said.

Re: the changes - tomato puree, great, never understood why it was synned anyway. As for the shark, good job I left my bag of shark fillets behind for my ex as I didn't have room in the freezer!

the shark no longer being a free food is because some animal rights groups were protesting against it because sharks are endangered and they were saying that SW were encouraging people to eat shark! lol

Hi all

Has anyone else heard about the changes to SW in January??

I've just read on Facebook that tomato puree is going to be syn free and that a HB of cereal will be 30g instead of 28g! (someone's consultant told them in class).

Anyone heard of any other changes?? :)

I hadn't heard but sounds good to me, thanks. Every little helps, even if it is only 2g!

I have to be honest, if the rules for getting the new book is attendance over the Xmas and New Year period, for me that's a bit silly.

How many people will be away visiting relatives over that period of time? I for one will be away from Xmas Eve through to New Year's Day, so that's me not getting the new book then? Or will they count holidays as 'attendance'? Also, my new group is on a Monday - do groups still go ahead if it's a bank holiday?

I didn't go to group last week as I was poorly but plan on going this evening. I wasn't initially going to stay for class as I have tons to do this evening, but in light of this might stay and see if anything is said.

Re: the changes - tomato puree, great, never understood why it was synned anyway. As for the shark, good job I left my bag of shark fillets behind for my ex as I didn't have room in the freezer!

December is a bad month for consultants so they use a lot of incentives to get people to come to group, especially the class between Christmas and New Year.

Yep, classes do run on a Bank Holiday - consultants have to provide a class 52 weeks of the year. I've known Monday classes move to a Tuesday for BH's but there is still a class.

As for tomato puree - hooray! I've always classed it as free anyway ;) The syn value is so minimal per portion that I guess that's why they've done it, just like they did with stock cubes.

Shark??? Not going there!

my consultant is doing the class in her front room on the tuesday after boxing day lol :D as the hall we usually use on a monday (which will be boxing day so obv not worth doing as most people won't go) is booked on a tues. that's commitment! haha :D

We were also told at last weeks meeting that the new books would be free to existing members if they attended at certain visits in the new year (didnt take much notice of dates as I'm not going anywhere anytime soon).

We were told we had to attend the class between xmas & new year to get the book for free otherwise you would have to pay. A few of our members are miffed as we have a high student catchment & a lot of them will be going home for xmas.

Great news about the tomato puree, not that I've worried too much about the syns when I use it.

We were told we had to attend the class between xmas & new year to get the book for free otherwise you would have to pay. A few of our members are miffed as we have a high student catchment & a lot of them will be going home for xmas.

Great news about the tomato puree, not that I've worried too much about the syns when I use it.

I wonder if it matters which class you attend to qualify for the free book? As SW say you can attend any group, anywhere, if they went to their local to home group, would it still count as attending?

We always have a raffle draw on the week between Xmas and New Year class and I've never been eligible as I've always been away. I guess you can't suit everyone :sigh:

Well, there's no way I will be attending my normal class in between Xmas and New Year as I will be 130 miles away so there goes me getting the new book if that is the requirement.

So, I could attend every week up until Xmas, and straight away when I am back in new year, so effectively only missing one week, and I won't be eligible for the new book... hardly fair in my opinion, but...

... will see if anything is said this evening. It may have been discussed last week but as I was poorly sick I wasn't there.

My consultant is going to check whether you can get the new pack as a visiting member. I can't see it though as they have to buy their own stuff & also can't see them ordering in a huge amount extra "just in case".

Beki said:
yep, we were told that tom puree is free from now on :D and as long as u attend between xmas and new yr u get the new book for free.

also, another change is that shark is no longer a free food.

moonwatcher said:
Damn! Better throw this one back in then!:D

Beki said:
the shark no longer being a free food is because some animal rights groups were protesting against it because sharks are endangered and they were saying that SW were encouraging people to eat shark! lol

Lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nothing was mentioned in class last night, but we had a stand in consultant (and last week apparently) so am presuming that our regular consultant will fill us in next week when she's back.

Hi people, I don't go to meetings so some definite confirmation on the extra 2g on cereal would be appreciated and is it all the 28g cereal that you have with ryvita? I never syn tomato puree so no worries there. And if we do add the 2g does that mean no ryvita then? Many thanks :D.

Nothing was mentioned in class last night, but we had a stand in consultant (and last week apparently) so am presuming that our regular consultant will fill us in next week when she's back.

I think if you were to book the WI between xmas and new year as a planned holiday then you will still get the book I am sure.

I have to say that I love the SW way. I hope it doesn't change too much. Look at what has happended to WW. They have lost loads of members!!

Back