Changes you've noticed?

Great thread :D

I've deffo got less chins than I used to ;)

Used to be Ali 10 bellies but hubby says he can now feel my ribs when we have a kanoodle in bed ;)

Only negative is I'm addicted to this website! If kids want to use computer I'm like "No, I need it!"

Less back ache, better skin, my hair sheds less, clothes are too big, am overtaking people in the street when walking anywhere. and I've definately become a reformed eater - no rubbish gets anywhere near my house anymore!

Hi, I haven't been on here in ages but I had to take part in this. I'm about 1/2 stone down so far and a long way to go but the best thing for me so far is not feeling guilty around food, and thinking that I'm getting fatter with every mouthful and hating myself for it. When I used to eat a big meal in front of people, I'd think that people were laughing at me, now I don't care as I know what Im eating is going to help me be more healthy. And I don't feel bad about eating a KitKat here and there. Does that make sense? :)

Oh - and I am getting close to fitting into a pair of trousers I bought about a year ago that were way to small (one of those ones that are your actually size but won't get near you - couldn't even get them up my thighs!). Anyway, now they close and everything but are just a bit to snug around the bum to wear just yet. But I think in another week or two I will be well into them.

haha that actualy made me lol! i noticed ur not very far from ur goal weight, well done! less than a stone to go for you :D xxx

Thank you! lol it's taken two years nearly but well worth it slow and steady wins the race so they say :D good luck with your weight loss hun and just think, soon enough we'll be trying to get our tumble dryers to shrink our clothes :D

I'm into a size smaller jeans, and my other clothes (some of which were really a bit tight) are making me look far less sausagey :D.

I've got more energy and I'm not winded climbing up one flight of stairs (or galloping down two ;)).

I don't get heartburn any more (even with coffee).

My skin is really clear (people keep commenting on it :D)

I've got actual muscles in my thighs!

My nails are stronger and less peely.

Changes - where to start...

Clothes - from a 54inch waist to a 32inch one - I can now confidentally go into a shop and buy anything and be sure it'll fit. Have even brought two suits recently - something I used to dread having to do (actually spent more on suits this last 12months then I have in my entire life - thanks to SW (I needed a suit last year for Greatest Loser 2010 finals and Man of the Year 2010 semis&finals - and had to buy another this year for job interviews (and now another for the 2011 Greatest Loser finals)).

Energy - I have energy now - I can walk for miles and feel good for it. I can even run (short distances) and not feel like I'm about to collapse.

Mood - my mood is much much better then before - I thought I was OK - but in reality was hiding behind depression - in part I suspect due to my weight. my outlook on life is much much better now (even being unemployed).

Confidence - well went for my first interview this week for about 5years and apparently the feedback was that I interviewed well according to the agency - and I was happy with my performance (alas I didn't get the job). Last time I was looking for work I was always nervous and wondering if they were judging me on my size (and I know a few probably were). It's also been a help that I've been going around local SW groups talking about my journey - helping to inspire others on their own individual journeys. 27months ago - if i was in front of a room of people - I'd have been mumbling and looking at the floor - I don't do that now. and lesson's I learnt from going to Man of the Year last year have played off and I now try to keep eye contact - in both the talks and the interview (something I was criticised for last time around).

haha yes the shower gel lasts so much longer :eek: lol xxx

I can walk to the shop and back ( and much further too ) without getting out of breath..

My belt now reaches all the way to the back belt loop on my jeans, so 1 1/2 times round me :)... it barely reached 1 1/4 way when I started and I was in a size 70 jeans then.. so I'm in 60's at the moment but the waist band is loose, I only still wear that size to accomodate my bum and tree trunk thighs..

I can sit down in public toilets without having to move the sanitary bin out of the way - always a bonus!!! Sorry for lowering the tone:p

Last edited:
My nails are stronger and less peely.

A little bit off topic but if you only ever try one problem solver for nails then its go to be Mavala Scientifique Nail Hardener - not cheap but well worth the money cos it strengthens and stops peeling with results in only a couple of uses.

Just wondering if you guys have noticed changes in yourself whilst losing weight, whether they be good or bad changes?

For example, I've lost nearly 3 stone, and whilst it's not hugely noticeable as I've got so much to lose, my clothes are much, much looser. I have a lot more energy and motivation, I don't feel as tired or sluggish all the time and the back pain I had is much less than it was. I also seem to be sleeping less.

On the negative I've noticed I'm turning into a bit of a "reformed eater"...when the BF brings in a fat laden meal for himself I can't help but point out how bad it is and how he could have made it healthier...Must try not to do that, think it annoys him.

I rediscovered the bumps at the end of my collar bone wahooooooo :clap:

Well done everyone. I love this thread its so great seeing how well people are doing . I've not noticed anything yet but can't wait till I do.

Lots of changes so far:

1 My legs don't rub together as much when I walk. It used to start at my knees, but now it's just my thighs. The other day I tried walking so my knees rubbed together ...... I looked VERY strange :D

2 So many of my clothes are fitting again. Yesterday for Red Nose Day we had to wear something red to work I have a lovely red polka dot blouse that I bought 3 years ago, that I haven't been able to wear for 2 years. I tried it on yesterday and it was perfect.

3 I have collar bones and my chin and my jaw bone are appearing.

4 I have my sparkle back. I feel so much more confident and don't feel that everyone is looking at me.

The most important thing though, is that this time I just know that I am going to get to target. I may take a while, but I WILL get there. I've never thought that before. :D:D

A few i;ve noticed have been
-my skin has cleared and it looks healthy and less tired
-i'm sleeping better
-Though as said by a few my weight isnt really that noticeable yet by my cloths fit far better and i check my inch losses every month and well everything is decreasing :p
-A few people have noticed and its been nice to get compliments
-I'm not obsessing as much over food
-I feel far healthier and *well*
-though its still on the big size my belly is a lot flatter and i dont retain water much anymore around that time of the month :D

Back