Changing my relationship with food... My Diary!

HaloKelly

Hello all,
I'm new here and I'm new to Slimming World. I've emotionally eaten all my life, although before I had my little girl I really managed to stay in control of it, had free time so went to the gym every day etc... Now it's a different story! Food for me is pretty much the be all and end all and I really struggle to curb my cravings which pop up a lot more often than I'd like.

I'm hoping by keeping this diary and writing down everything including what I've had to eat, it'll push me to really start thinking about changing my relationship with food, and hopefully make some friends along the way :)

At the moment I am 13st 7lb, I WI in on Wednesdays and this past week has been really, really bad for me so I am dreading tomorrows weigh in, I know for sure I will have put on weight. I had Pizza 3 nights and a box of maltesars as well as Lindor and all sorts of rubbish I shouldn't have even been looking at!

Today has been good though...

Breakast - Shredded Wheat & 100ml 1% fat milk.

Lunch - Bright Salad box from Tesco with Tesco healthy living low fat cesar dressing (kind of sloshed it on, didn't use a tbsp) and plain chicken breast. Melon & Pineapple fingers and a Dr Pepper Zero.

Dinner - For dinner I'm having the slimming work Bacon & Mushroom quiche I made (without any cheddar, just fat free cottage cheese) with mixed vegetables and some baby potatoes.

What I'm really struggling with is using my syns, as you can see above I probably haven't used any syns, maybe 1 or 2 at the most for the cesar dressing. I can't have small amounts of anything, I either take none or I take it all so anything sweet and 'treat' like is out of the question for me!
I'd love if someone could suggest something that isn't too "moreish" to use my syns on!

Thanks all :)

Hello :) I am also new to the forum but so not new to the slimming and dieting :eek:

Well done on your 6 pounds already! That's almost half a stone and your first sticker! :) We all have bad weeks but you just have to get up, dust yourself off and carry on with your healthy eating!

I love cheese, bread and butter so I tend to spend my syns on those or save them up for a couple of Rekordelings or a bottle of prosecco at the weekend. If you like crisps the Velvet or Sunbites ones are really rather nice and you can buy them as single packs so you only have that one packet a day and there is no more sitting in the cupboard and calling your name :)

Thank you, I'm disappointed as I really thought I'd manage to hit my 1/2 stone award this week but I'll definitely get it next week if I haven't put on too much :)

That's a good idea, I do love cheese... I wonder how much syns would be in some cheese & crackers?!

Have you been with slimming world long or have you recently joined up again?!

I did Slimming World 5 years ago when it was still Red & Green and the Extra Easy was only just starting to come up. I lost almost 20 pounds so was quite happy with it and to be honest I don't remember why I stopped going. And as soon as I stopped going I stopped doing it so it all crept back up over 3 years. I joined another group at the end of January and lost few pounds but couldn't afford going so I stopped altogether. And then my sister sent me pictures from her wedding I attended in December and it was a huge wake up call and decided to give it a go on my own at home with the book and support online. So here I am :)

Wow, 20 pounds is amazing! I'd love to achieve that!
That's what gave me a wake up call, seeing pictures from after Luna was born taking the dog out. It was awful, a huge wake up call.

I wish I knew how to post pictures on here it would be good to show a before/after.
Before I started slimming world (i.e just after I had Luna) I was about 15st, or just over that and I managed to come down to just over 14st on my own but it all stopped there, hence starting Slimming World!!

Have you found it quite easy getting back into it, despite not going to the meetings? I'd like to think I wouldn't be going to the meetings forever and could continue it online once I'd reached target!

I think you will be able to post pictures once you have 50 posts :)

Group is nice, it helps to keep you on track with weekly weigh ins and then staying for the image therapy and having to talk about your loss (or gain! :O) is good but I also found that every week there was someone with excuses. There was always a birthday, a party, a dinner of some sort and it used to make me think that I can have excuses too. With me though it's always either all or nothing, I can do half measures so I am going to do it at home. It helps that my boss at work is also doing it so we motivate each other and seeing as we see what we eat there is no way of sneaking in something naughty

That's really good. I am the exact same - all or nothing. I either diet and go at it full speed or I give up completely and eat disgustingly!

Feeling a bit bloated after lunch - but I suppose that's better than feeling empty! I really enjoyed the chicken & salad I had. I'm really not a lover of salad but I think this low fat cesar dressing might have changed that. I don't use alot, enough to lightly cover everything. I'm going to try and measure exactly how much I have next time so I can syn it! Maybe that will be my syns for the day since I'm not a fan of snacking!

I'm new to all this too, still trying to get my head around it and had a rubbish first few weeks but I've got my head in the game this week! Starting a food diary has really helped as you can see exact ally what your eating but you have to be honest with it! Good luck and we can all support each other

The food diaries do definitely help. I find it makes me want to eat healthier, I want to be able to write down everything I've had for the day and look back and think yess I did good!!!
My chin is up a bit more about Wednesday weigh in. If I put on weight, I won't let it put me off!

Feeling rotten today. I don't know why but I feel bloated, heavy and huge. I had 2 x Alpen Light's for breakfast and I'm having roast chicken, salad & some fruit for Lunch.
I don't know yet what I'm having for dinner, I have a feeling if I've put on weight tonight I'll get depressed & go to bed in a huff! I really hope I can get my head back in the game and don't get too thrown off by a gain... I know it happens, but it doesn't make it any easier when it does. Plus it's not like i've really made the effort this week so I defintely deserve a gain. Maybe if I sts I'll be alright with that...

A quote yesterday that made me laugh & cry & empathise all at the same time:

"Dieting is easy. It's like riding a bike... Except the bike is on fire, and the ground is on fire, and everything is on fire because you're in hell".

Yup.

So the day has slowly gotten worse. I've stupidy left my purse at home and I now feel empty & completely ravenous. I had a chocolate chip digestive which is 4 syns and I've had a handful of grapes. I hate working & can't concentrate on my work when I'm hungry :( I finish at 2.30pm and by the time I get home it's usually 3.30pm, and I don't like eating that close to weigh in. I'll buy and have a hifi bar there or something...

ugh!

Somehow managed to lose 1lb last night, way more than I deserve. I had a treat night and maybe went a little overboard on the maltesars last night. Oops!

Today is an Extra Easy SP today. I've had my shreddies which is my HEXA & HEXB and I'll have an alpen light later for my second B.

I'm having salad & chicken for lunch and for dinner it's 2 pork chops with veg & a side salad.

Well done on the pound lost and on your half a stone award! Yesterday must have been a bad day for everyone - my day at work was terrible, everything that could go wrong did go wrong and I left office at 5.20 with a banging headache. A friend was staying over so we went out for dinner and I made a healthy choice of having huge bowl of salad with chicken breast and grilled bacon but also had a little bowl of chips and half a packet of crisps while we went to bingo (obviously didn't win anything seeing as it was such a crap day and it was 100s night too!) and then had a large glass of pink prosecco when we got home...
So today I have been very good and hopefully when I weigh in on Monday I will still see a nice first week loss :)

I had a .... I can't tell if it was a mildy good or just plain bad weekend... let me think what did I have..

Friday I had my usual HEXA & HEXB breakfast of shredded wheat & milk, for lunch I had salad and chicken with a drizzle of low fat dressing... dinner was pork stir fry and I don't think I had anything at all besides that, I managed to go to bed without picking.

Saturday & Sunday are a bit of a pick-filled blur... oops. Saturday I had my usual breakfast, for lunch I had pork strips without the fat and baby potatoes and salad... all free, all good (so far)... then I think I remember picking at a pack of skips that were supposed to be for Luna.. and some choc gems... not good! I also stormed out the house in a huff after an argument and picked at milky buttons and 2 Lindt balls at my mums ARGH not good AT ALL! I also had a jam sandwich when I got home as I skipped dinner. Sunday was a bit rubbish also, Usual breakfast, lunch was what I was supposed to have for dinner the night before which was 2 slimming world burgers and some mash and pasta, all free & all good so far! then I did the same as Saturday and picked at skips and a packet of choc gems!!! My dinner was ... PIZZA!!!!! ARGHHHHH whyyyy. So Sunday was a full blown DISASTER.

Today, I've been extra good. Usual breakfast but it was 30g of Choc chip weetabix this time (they should be synned cause they are gorgeous) and chicken and salad for lunch with a Dr Pepper Zero... dinner tonight is pork strips without the fat and some veg and a bit of salad. I was hoping to make today an EESP day, and I am hoping tomorrow and weigh-day can be kept to EESP.

I came on my monthly time, weh, I don't think anyones likely to reply but if you happen to be reading this - has anyone noticed your period drastically changing your weight loss? I feel like I'll be having a gain just because of feeling so bloated and awful!!!

Back