1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Channa Tika Masala

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by lydia150970, 27 April 2009 Social URL.

1. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Chana Tikka Masala

Serves 2
    2.5 syns per serving
    Ingredients:
    • 3 cups water
    • 1 cups chana dal
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • dash hing (asafoetida) (optional)
    • Frylight
    • 1/2 large onion, chopped (I like 2-3 inch narrow strips)
    • 1 tsp garlic paste (I'm lazy, probably could grate a fresh head)
    • 1 tsp ginger paste (again, I'm lazy, probably could grate 1/2" of fresh root)
    • 1 ½ Tbl tikka masala paste (can also use 3 tbl of tikka paste for Chana Tikka) (4.5 syns)
    • 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    • 1/2 Tbl lime juice
    • 3 oz can passata
    Preparation:
    • Sort, wash, and soak chana dal for at least 5 hours in hot water (can add a pinch of baking soda, helps on gas).
    • Heat the water to boiling with salt and dash of hing.
    • Add dal and cook about 10 minutes uncovered on medium to medium high heat and skim the froth.
    • Then cover and cook on low to medium-low heat for 70 minutes.
    • After the 70 minutes are up, leave the dal on, and start stir-frying in the ghee, the onion, garlic, ginger, tikka paste, and cayenne.
    • I usually like the onion to be somewhat translucent, but not too brown; this is a matter of taste.
    • Add fry mixture to the dal, the lime juice, and tomato paste and cook another 5-10 minutes uncovered, stirring frequently.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.