Channel 4 Embarrassing fat bodies!!

i'm recording it.. i'm hoping it gives me some motivation lol

It will indeed- I feel so sorry for some of them.
It was interesting to see that not all fat people can say it's genetics.

It's such a shame for some people, very shocking!

she sure did have a lot of loose skin !!! try not to worry though ladies , I dont think many people have it to that extreme . I have been overweight since I was about 8 and have now lost 7.5 stone , and apart from a but of a saggy tummy ( which I probably would have after 2 kids and 1 c section anyway ) my skin is pretty good :)

My arms have gone back pretty well , and my boobs , although they are a lot smaller .. they have perked up a lot :) and i lost it in 8 months !!!! everyone is different , but its surprising how well it does go back considering !!!

I have lost nearly 5 stone, and its taken me 19 months or so - i dont have much excess/flabby skin as i have been going to the gym for the last 6 months. I think toning and working out really helps.

x

i think we need to remember that she lost 14 stone and she did look very very thin so maybe she did it very quickly or something... i dont know but i am now scared!

I have looked at all your stats and not one of you come close to what her start weight was. She started at over 336 lbs. Also she is older than most of you spring chickens so the elasticity of her skin is not as good as yours.

Take heart friends, as you know I am an ancient old crone, I have lost over 60lbs and do not have hanging skin, well no more than I would have had at this advanced age.

It was great to see that the girl who had lost 8 stones went to SW and to see her sticking her SOW on the fridge door. I hope she sticks with it because she said she was happy with her shape but quite frankly she needed to lose another 3 or 4 stones to be at a healthy BMI.

The 2 brothers really needed the help as well It was lovely to see how the one at " only" 28 stones helped and cared for the one at 40 stones. Just proves that all things are relevant.

Totally agree with you ^^^

I wooped at the screen when I saw the sw stickers on the fridge!

I also agree with Filly mum about the age difference and the amount of weight you have to lose. I have some loose skin but that is down to my age (52) its not excessive so I dont really bother too much.

I really feel so sorry for the people with the very loose and excessive amount of hanging skin. There was a lady a few years ago and she had lost tons of weight she tucked her belly in her knickers to keep it in.

One of the reasons I think slightly overweight girls dont look too bad as they have firm young skin.

I have just watched it on 4OD.

When the lady who had lost 14 stone went to see about surgery the voiceover said she was going to Harley Street as skin ops are "rare" on the NHS. Thought that was interesting as it is a question that crops up on here from time to time.

Felt so sad for the gent who had taken steriods for his asthma. I am wondering why there was no earlier intervention :( Poor guy, but in such good spirits.

(This programme annoyed me as it kept repeating itself - said in a hour what could have been said in 20 minutes...ggrrr)

I was watching this the other night while exercising :) I was really starting to ache and nearly gave up when the guy came on that was 40 stone.
The rest of my exercise routine was much easier when I had pictures in my head of myself looking that big.
Also a week ago found a picture of me before the weight iv lost now.
Talk about a kick in the butt.
I think these programs are good for opening ones eyes. Esp when they said 1/2 of Britians population is obese and knowing im part of that satistic.

(This programme annoyed me as it kept repeating itself - said in a hour what could have been said in 20 minutes...ggrrr)

That really wound me up too.

I just watched this - totally shocked, had to look away in the surgery bits.......oh my goodness!

I think its fab the lady did SW - but was it working so well as she was hypnotised??!?!?! I want some of that help! x

I just watched this - totally shocked, had to look away in the surgery bits.......oh my goodness!

I think its fab the lady did SW - but was it working so well as she was hypnotised??!?!?! I want some of that help! x

You do not need it Elle, you have done so well without and are very close to target now.

You look fantastic !!!!

hugs xx:)

You do not need it Elle, you have done so well without and are very close to target now.

You look fantastic !!!!

hugs xx:)

Thanks Sue - but still have a long way to go - my mini target is just for the wedding, i want to lose another 3 stone :) xxx

Thanks Sue - but still have a long way to go - my mini target is just for the wedding, i want to lose another 3 stone :) xxx

If that is what you want, you will do it !!!

i recorded it and going to watch it again as i was on here at the same time so didnt pay full attention. The woman with the loose skin looked really good afterwards despite still being swollen, that poor man, i just cant believe he was left like that without any help from doctors before having to go on tv. i cant get the image of him out of my head, i moan about my weight but at least i can do something about it, that poor man was pretty helpless bless him, definatly gave me a kick up the ass! x

i recorded it and going to watch it again as i was on here at the same time so didnt pay full attention. The woman with the loose skin looked really good afterwards despite still being swollen, that poor man, i just cant believe he was left like that without any help from doctors before having to go on tv. i cant get the image of him out of my head, i moan about my weight but at least i can do something about it, that poor man was pretty helpless bless him, definatly gave me a kick up the ass! x

and, he remained so dignified throughout. I felt I could like him in real life.

Embarrassing Fat Bodies(Health,2011)
Channel 4Channel not right? Click here to customise your lineup...
Monday, June 13th, 2011
9:00pm to 10:00pm(Other show times...)

Channel 4's hit medical series just got a lot bigger. Embarrassing Bodies returns for a four-part series with Drs Christian, Dawn and Pixie lifting the underbelly of fat as the UK tips the scales with an incredible 27.5 million people either overweight or obese. The doctors welcome the dangerously obese into their clinic and help with the embarrassing problems caused by their weight: from erectile dysfunction and massive hernias, through to sagging skin and hidden genitals. This edition features a husband and wife couple with a combined weight of 52 stone, and a 21-year-old Mum whose life is maligned by her enormous J cup breasts.
Part 2 of 4, Subtitles

Have just said at work that its on again tonight - cant wait - loved last weeks

Back