Charity Events

efk

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is doing anything for charity this year?

OH and I signed up to a 7 mile hike around Haldon Forest for Macmillan Cancer Care in July and I've registered my interest for the Alzheimer's Society Memory Walk in September.

I am also planning on doing the zip slide across the Clyde for Alzheimer Scotland next year as I can't make this year's event.

Thought it would be a good idea if anyone else was doing any events if we could all share our justgiving links.

Any thoughts? x

I am signed up for the race for life on 8th July. I was going to do the sport relief mile but it's the day of my sons birthday party. Xx

KittyBling said:
Race for life for me every year. There are mutterings of a "zumbathon" around here sometime but no details yet.

KB x

Zumbathon would be fab. One of my instructors & 5 others did one for help for heroes last week. I couldn't get there as it was about 8 miles away...

never really thought about signing up for anything. might have to give it some thought.

I Did Race for Life last year but it was so much of an effort to get people to sponsor me that I said I couldnt do it every year, I may change my mind nearer to the time tho! It was such an amazing achievement walking across that finish line, I was so prooud of myself, a lovely feeling :)

I Did Race for Life last year but it was so much of an effort to get people to sponsor me that I said I couldnt do it every year, I may change my mind nearer to the time tho! It was such an amazing achievement walking across that finish line, I was so prooud of myself, a lovely feeling :)

i have to say that is the bit i dont like, getting people to sponsor me. it is such a faff and i always feel awful as i know everyone is short of cash at the moment. does anyone know if you can just give a donation

I think you can donate cash as well as sponsoring people at Just Giving - I set one up when I did the memory walk last time as lots of my family live in Scotland and its easier than noising people up for cash. I know people are short of cash but even £1 or £2 can make a difference.

Back