Charity Trek?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by westhills, 16 November 2006 Social URL.

1. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    This is a tentative enquiry to see if anyone would be interested in doing a trek for the charity TOAST (who really try to address the issue of obesity and the effects it has on people's lives)- possibly in about a year's time. This has been mentioned on the WeMitt thread before, and I think now is the time to see who "really means it this time!!!!!!"
    Louise Diss, the head of the charity, has contacted me about this.
    I'm up for it - the Inca Trail or Great Wall of China iare my two favourite destinations.
    Ann x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Every \year for the past three i have sent inquiries away for the Great Wall Of China and every year i dont do anything about it because of my size, but i would love too and as im starting Cd on monday who knows i might be up for it.xx

4. westhills

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    Right then, I can feel a (provisional)list coming on.....
    westhills
    IWTSM
    Russiandoll??
    Mary Dolphin??
    Texasgirl??

5. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

Hey guys - just to let you know, if you look on the Classic Tours website (these chaps organised my trip to India, which was just soooo fantastic), you will find a LOAD of stuff to do. It changed my life, and i can highly recommend it!

D xxxx

6. Biggirlsam

Biggirlsam Banned

Diet:
    weightwatchers
    Hi I would love to do it!! Please can I join..

7. Malinky

Malinky Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I like the sound of this as well - def add my name to the list!:)

8. westhills

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    Well done you two!
    Ann x

9. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I'm definitely interested but I'd have to be careful I could fit it in with the University semesters.

So for me, it's a tentative YES!

10. SUZIEB

SUZIEB Full Member

provisional yes from me - just depends on dates and level of sponsorship needed - not sure how much i could raise?

11. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Inca Trail sounds amazing Ann and I've always also had an inkling to do the trek down The Nile!! (surprise surprise:D )

If we have long enough to plan(about a year, as you say), I would DEFINITELY be able to do it. My boss would allow leave for something like this and I know my work colleagues would help me raise the money....no question.

Add me to the Prov List....please. It's my 40th birthday next year and I always promised myself I would do something to sit back and remember when I'm 80...:D

12. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I'll say a provisional yes too - finances and time constraints permitting of course :)

13. ayembee

ayembee Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    provisional yes from me too - just depends on dates and level of sponsorship needed - not sure how much i could raise? but I would love to be able to do it, would we each be able to support different charities?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.