Sugar Alcohols and why Atkins Bars are evil.

Just thought I would chop in to say the barstoday threw me out of ketosis and I started craving!! I resisted but think Atkins need to rethink pushing their bars and shakes so strongly on their sites menu plans!! like recommend other snacks already ! 2 a day would cost £140 odd a month as well!! do they think we are all driving porches! - my opinion stay away from the bars !

Chip in I mean, Chops are yummy! :)

Bump!

Oh my gosh, so how many actually carbs are in the bars then? I've been eating one a day this week and have stayed the same weight, maybe this is why! I'm gutted as I love my bars :(

Big argument on carbs - those pushing sales of them say they arent carbs that count. Those eating and stalling on them say - avoid:)

I'm liking this thread. I spent two years wondering why Atkins bars and 'low net carb' goodies set me off on binges (and ultimately caused me to leave my low carb WOE altogether). Found a lot of similar stuff online about insulin spikes etc., but this OP sums it up beautifully - thanks.

They really are the devils work, it's pretty shameful that the company spends so much time promoting food Atkins himself specifically warned about.

There are lots of chocolate resembling things you can eat! Check moonlights meals in the recipe section to find the recipe for cocoa bark or have a wee google for Atkins chocolate pudding and Atkins chocolate mousse to start with - all induction friendly

Loving this thread, very informative. I personally wasn't going to touch Atkins bars at all and any Atkins snacks for that matter. I haven't had any major cravings until last night when i really wanted something chocolately (probably because my mum brought me chocolates back from holiday without realising i'm on Atkins). I avoided them last night and had rhubarb and cream instead :D

I'm sure i will get a chocolate craving again though, i heard about the cocoa powder, splenda and cream mousse. Is that the one you are talking about moonlights? Because i heard it wasn't induction friendly? x

Great post! certainly an eye opener! x

Great post!! It's the one let down of ATKINS, those profit making harmful bars!!

Back