Charjoelily's 'amazing shrinking woman' diary

charjoelily

Hi all!

After spending most of a week reading the diaries on here I thought I'd try to keep one also :)

I'm Sarah, 35, and have been over weight since I had my first child 12 years ago (today!). At my heaviest I was 20 stone 7lbs. I started to lose weight after an awful relationship brokeup back in feb. After the initial drop in weight I started to sts so decided to join WW. I was 17stone 5lbs when I joined WW.

I have been on the plan for about 3months and now weigh 15 stone 9lbs. I'd ideally like to keep losing until I'm happy with my shape.

Yesterday my friend reminded me to take my measurements. Since joining WW I have lost 4 inches from my waist and thigh and 6 and a half inches of my hips. I'm also comfortable in size 18's instead of size 24! I told my partner this and he said I was the amazing shrinking woman (long way to go but a good name for my diary I think!).

I have had such a wonderful year from the time I got rid of my awful ex. I got back in touch with a man I used to see at uni and we started seeing each other and in July he took me to italy and asked me to marry him :D. I have three children (2 girls that live with me and my son who lives with his Dad) and myself and the girls are moving in with my partner next July. We can wait, we love him very much.

We are also planning to get married on the beach abroad in july 2012 so I have a big incentive to lose the rest of this flubber! I got my virgin holidays wedding brochure today, atm we are thinking either on board a cruise ship (partner would like to get married by a captain!), the seychelles, st lucia or mauritius. Any one been? I'd love to hear your experiences.

Every now and again I realise that there is something different about me because I have lost weight - last week it was that I can see my collar bone again and i looked 'normal' in the hall of mirrors in ikea (last time I went to ikea I didn't want to look!). My boots from Evans which only just did up over my calves last year are now too big! I'm hoping this diary will be the place I can write about these things and not forget.

Most of all I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

sarahxx

:D A very warm welcome to the diary section of Mini's Sarah
and good luck for the rest of your journey look forward to getting to know you x

Hi Sarah,

welcome to minis and good luck on your journey! :)

Wow - a wedding abroad - how exciting! Bet you can't wait, also - what a fabulous incentive? ;)

Keep us posted!
Take care,
Jess xxx

Hi jess, yes I am super excited. My last holiday abroad was my first since I was 11 so I'm not exactly an experienced traveller. And I'm marrying my first real love(delayed by a break of 14yrs lol!)!

I've already started to look at dresses but will refuse to buy one until I can buy a size 12!

take care
sarahxx

Hi Sarah,

what a lovely introduction, well done on your mahoosive weight loss so far:D

Welcome & good luck x

Hi jess, yes I am super excited. My last holiday abroad was my first since I was 11 so I'm not exactly an experienced traveller. And I'm marrying my first real love(delayed by a break of 14yrs lol!)!

I've already started to look at dresses but will refuse to buy one until I can buy a size 12!

take care
sarahxx

Aw that's lovely. Congratulations! :D

You'll get there - definitely!! Do you know what kind of dress you'd like? I bet you can't wait to go trying on!! My sister is getting married next July and when she tried on her wedding dress it was amazing. There is just something about a woman in a wedding dress that is truly stunning :)

You'll have to keep us posted - I love weddings! I'm probably a little obsessed to be honest :rolleyes::p - love all the programmes etc. Confetti.com is good for ideas etc

Ha sorry - do tell me to shut it! :D I'm not a crazy wedding stalker I promise! I was beginning to plan my wedding earlier in the year until my lovely fiancé pointed out we can't afford "my" type of wedding...

Anyway, happy planning and keep us posted with how you're doing! You can do this!! xx :)

Aw that's lovely. Congratulations! :D

You'll get there - definitely!! Do you know what kind of dress you'd like? I bet you can't wait to go trying on!! My sister is getting married next July and when she tried on her wedding dress it was amazing. There is just something about a woman in a wedding dress that is truly stunning :)

You'll have to keep us posted - I love weddings! I'm probably a little obsessed to be honest :rolleyes::p - love all the programmes etc. Confetti.com is good for ideas etc

Ha sorry - do tell me to shut it! :D I'm not a crazy wedding stalker I promise! I was beginning to plan my wedding earlier in the year until my lovely fiancé pointed out we can't afford "my" type of wedding...

Anyway, happy planning and keep us posted with how you're doing! You can do this!! xx :)

Hi Hun, so are you and your fiance(how do you get the symbol on the 'e'?) saving up for a big wedding? Its all so expensive, isn't it?

Well I have been looking at dresses and I have fallen in love with a vintage lace shift dress (so not all that 'weddingy'). However I found it whilst surfing the net and lost the page it was on..so i'm still searching! ideally I'd love to be slim enough to have a satin dress that drops straight down iykwim. At the moment I'd look pregnant in something like that lol!

Its lovely to have people to talk to about it so ask away!

I've not had a good dieting day today I'm already on 21 points and I feel the munches coming on. My vacuum cleaner died yesterday and kicked out dust all over me (i'm allergic) so now I feel poorly and thus want to eat :(. Terrible excuse but true!

I really need to remember how good it felt to lose 3lbs this week and get my 10 percent keyring. My next target is 14 stone 1lb -another 10 percent. I'd get there much quicker if I could stick to the plan!

Well off to parents evening with my youngest. Wish us luck xxx

Hi Hun, so are you and your fiance(how do you get the symbol on the 'e'?) saving up for a big wedding? Its all so expensive, isn't it?

On your keyboard to the right of the space bar there should be an "ALT GR" key? Hold that down whilst pressing the "e" and that will get you = é :D:D

Well at the moment we're just seeing what happens. We won't have the money for a while as we want to move out next year (I currently live at home, but soon to be moving in with a friend - next week in fact.) If we were to get hitched it would be Summer 2013/2014. :)

Well I have been looking at dresses and I have fallen in love with a vintage lace shift dress (so not all that 'weddingy').

I LOVE the whole "vintage" style. :D And whilst I was planning for our original wedding (Summer 2012) and chatting to other brides to be, it doesn't matter if something isn't "weddingy" - it's your day and you need to do what you and your OH wants ;) it's your day. :)

Its lovely to have people to talk to about it so ask away!

Thank god for that!! :p

My vacuum cleaner died yesterday and kicked out dust all over me (i'm allergic) so now I feel poorly and thus want to eat :(. Terrible excuse but true!

That's not good. Damn vacuums. If it's any consolation, mine died on me yesterday so I know how you feel minus the dust allergy...
Poor you :( You'll be ok though hun - come on don't give in!! Think of your beautiful silk wedding dress :D;)

You can do this!! xx
Good luck xxx

oh I found it, see....fiancé :)

Lily's parents evening was brilliant, shes such a clever little thing. My eldest daughter has hers next week and I'm afraid it won't be so good. She's at the age where school is not cool! (i'm definately not cool and the word 'cool' probably isn't cool!).

Nice thing was at the parents evening the TA noticed my keyring (ww) and she has one too! She said 'you are like me, we are both making changes that will benefit our families' and thats so true.

Well I'm off to make a cuppa tea and distract myself from eating. I miss my fiancé so much in the evenings (he's in Surrey and I'm in Dorset) and I'm an emotional eater so distraction is definately the key for me!

Take care All

sarahxx

Hi Sarah,

Just popping in to wish you a lovely weekend. xx

Thanks Jess, and to you !

I've had my mum staying this weekend so I have kept to points (can't keep delving into thr fridge when other people are here!). Weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed my nibbling during the week hasn't caused any serious damage. Hows you? xx

Hi all, WI today and I lost 3lbs!! yay :)

Must have been the stress over the weekend. Sunday was just such an awful day for me. My eldest daughter had the most awful hormonal tantrum on sunday. I've been very patient with her has shes 12 and started all that already - so really too young to deal with the hormones, but yesterday was just so dreadful and I spent all afternoon crying :(. In the end I asked my ex hubbie to have her for a week and see how she is with him and have a break myself. Miss her terribly now and feel so guilty for sending her to her dads - but I really was finding it hard to cope. So it is just me and the little one this week.

Hoping this week goes fast as my fiancé (K) is up for half of half term(with kids) and for the other half I'm with him in Surrey :)

After the hoover died on me, K has brought me a new one. it arrived sat but is missing a piece so has to be returned. So tomorrow I have to stay in and wait for dhl. I plan to do a davina work out and have a good tidy. I would start the 30 day shred again but I'm away next week and I probs won't get a chance to do it (thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!).

Hope you are all doing well xxxx

Hi all, thought I'd do a quick diary before I disappear for a week.

My dieting week hasn't been that good. I keep going over my points and am getting frustrated with myself. The good thing is that my lovely man is up for half the week (and I'm with him for the last half) so we'll eat well and I should be able to stick to my points.

hope you all have great half terms x
sarahxx

Back