Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

donnajt said:
relax charley...this is one blip in 7 days...you will be fine xxx

Thanks Donna, I feel really annoyed, like i was at work, the cheat wasn't even worth it, if I was out or something fair enough, but j was at bloody work!! I will work it out tomorrow morning. I am attempting a form of interval training which a friend a work set for me, it's really good, only 15 mins long and and and if I actually do it three times a week, it's really effective!

By the way I want to thank you for the intro to Thai paste, 1 syn per tbsp - fantastic! I never used it before I made my own in the past. My Thai fish cakes were gorgeous, they were half from the SW curry book, well the idea and hall the ingredients and half my concoction - delish. The only syn was the paste and that one tbsp did the whole dish!!

Glad to see you have had a good eating day today and yesterday - back on track!!

Xx

Charleybarley said:
EPIC FAIL. I released the Kraken! I sunk a bottle of Becks and I have eaten untold amounts of nibbles - why god why?! It's like I get possessed, I feel sick. This is my problem, if it's there I will eat it, and not just a little bit, I go, well I am the Kraken, a beast! This basically means I shouldn't put myself in harms way until I lose the 4 stone I want to lose, which means not going out and putting temptation in front of me, because I become something else, something not of this world - a monster!

Oh Wow Donna I just re read this - ever so slightly manic or what?!? DRAMA *to be said in a camp fashion* I may have overreacted a smidge here!!!! Xx

Tuesday 15th May

Ok so after last nights little hiccup (ahem!) I am going to try and repay my synnage by not having many until weigh in on Thursday morning.... So

B - 2 LMc Rosemary and red onion sausages

L- cheese salad (HEA) and salad cream (2) followed by Egyptian lentil curry and pitta (HEB) and carrot sticks

Snack - orange apple

D - hmm I think cheesy (HEA) chips with mushrooms and bread (HEB) for a butty.

EDIT: I am inexpliably hungry and the only thing I could have which I have to hand is HEB of mini choc weetabix, which I am currently munching on dry (very nice too) - this means, unless I count my bread for tonight's tea as 6 syns, I can't have it. I don't want to add too many syns to my day as I am trying to undo any damage from yesterday - so I will go without. NO BREAD FOR DINNER - booooo, I really fancied a chip butty - oh well. I guess I should have had a bigger brekkie maybes.

Dinner was yummy, in the absence of bread I added 2 fried eggs and a blob of mayo (2.5)

image-1168332622.jpg

image-3140067381.jpg

Syns - 4.5

Last edited:
Tuesday 15th May

Ok so after last nights little hiccup (ahem!) I am going to try and repay my synnage by not having many until weigh in on Thursday morning.... So

B - 2 LMc Rosemary and red onion sausages

L- cheese salad (HEA) and salad cream (2) followed by Egyptian lentil curry and pitta (HEB) and carrot sticks

Snack - orange apple

D - hmm I think cheesy (HEA) chips with mushrooms and bread (HEB) for a butty.

EDIT: I am inexpliably hungry and the only thing I could have which I have to hand is HEB of mini choc weetabix, which I am currently munching on dry (very nice too) - this means, unless I count my bread for tonight's tea as 6 syns, I can't have it. I don't want to add too many syns to my day as I am trying to undo any damage from yesterday - so I will go without. NO BREAD FOR DINNER - booooo, I really fancied a chip butty - oh well. I guess I should have had a bigger brekkie maybes.

Syns - 2 so far...

CHARLEY HAVE THE BREAD - you have only had 2 syns today - don't cut back so drastically, you only had a beer and a few bits and pieces!! Go for a walk at lunchtime don't punish yourself...love yourself x

Am off to cook your Spag carbonara...can't wait!

donnajt said:
CHARLEY HAVE THE BREAD - you have only had 2 syns today - don't cut back so drastically, you only had a beer and a few bits and pieces!! Go for a walk at lunchtime don't punish yourself...love yourself x

Am off to cook your Spag carbonara...can't wait!

Ah thanks sweetie, you know if I had of seen this before dinner I prob would have had the bread, but you know what? I didn't miss it, I had two lovely fresh eggs on top, it was lovely. I an glad I never used my syns I really did eat a lot of peanuts pistachios and Japanese crackers yesterday! I hope u enjoyed the carbonara l!! Xx

Hey CB - nice to see you here. Thats what I thought when I read yours too didn't i!? The LMc sausages were actually quite nice, I am really iffy with fake meat foods, especially the stuff that begins with Q - however I was reliably informed by Red Riding Hood and Donnajt that they were nice. They do not taste like sausage, more like stuffing - so if you are expecting a meaty tasting sausage, don't bother. But for something quick and easy and cooks straight from the freezer to plate in 10 mins, they are really nice. I enjoyed that breakkie....oh, they are a little dry too, so you may need a bit of sauce - I don't likey dry food!

I am having a good day thanks. How are you getting on?

xx

Ooh they sound quite nice, I love stuffing :D wonder if I can substitute one as a stuffing ball on a Sunday roast and pretend? I'm not keen on quorn either, don't like the texture but to be honest I have only tried a couple of things so maybe I need to be more adventurous! Will see if I can hunt them out after work.
I'm doing ok so far thanks, but only 8 hours of being awake so there's time yet! I've got WW bacon to go on a burger later to remove the temptation to eat the fat, somehow doubt it will be the same but it's a start.

Corblimey said:
Ooh they sound quite nice, I love stuffing :D wonder if I can substitute one as a stuffing ball on a Sunday roast and pretend? I'm not keen on quorn either, don't like the texture but to be honest I have only tried a couple of things so maybe I need to be more adventurous! Will see if I can hunt them out after work.
I'm doing ok so far thanks, but only 8 hours of being awake so there's time yet! I've got WW bacon to go on a burger later to remove the temptation to eat the fat, somehow doubt it will be the same but it's a start.

Yeah you could try them as stuffing, I am not sure how you would manage it but it would save some syns, there aint nothing like the real thing though!!

Enjoy enjoy your burger, I love me a burger, especially with bacon on and cheese!

Be good Cor!

Xx

Wednesday 16th May

Today has been ok food wise, I am a bit fed up but nothing to do with the diet...sorry....lifestyle change! So for the food:

B - 3 hot dogs and half tin beans with grated cheese (HEA) (3)

L - BNS, chickpea and spinach curry, no rice but served with pitta (HEB) (2.5)

D - Meatballs and pasta with tomato and onion salad

image-1798774274.jpg

Snacks - 2 apples, melon, half pack of velvet crisps (2) Greek yog with White choc options and banana (2)

Syns: 9.5

Xxx

Last edited:
MinkyDinky said:
Morning!! Just subbing so I can have a good old read at lunch time (sound familiar? :D) and will give you a shout later! Have a good day xx

Hey Minks, you have found me! I don't think it will take the 2 hour lunch it took me to read yours but hopefully you will be able to stay awake after reading to give me some Dinky advice and support!

I lost 2lb which I am happy with, I wanted 3lb but hey we can't have everything can we?I am doing a 21lb challenge with the lovely Donnajt but I am sadly not a big loser (well i am a big loser, but not in the weight sense!) I never have been in all my years of attempting SW. So I have learned to be content with any loss.

Enjoy your day Minky! X

Corblimey said:
Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit fed up but well done for staying on track, the meatballs look fab :) xx

Hey Cor, I am fine thanks hun, things are a little frosty at home if you get my drift. It will be fine though we usually resolve stuff pretty quickly. I think that happens, see Mick and I have a really good relationship and rarely argue, so when the smallest disagreement pops up, it's quite big for us, well for me.

Those meatballs were delish, they were a bit of a mistake actually. I was more or less following the beef kofta recipe from the SW curry book (well i was copyjng the sauce mix only but changing the mix for the balls) but I muffed up the sauce, we have a massive vat of Mild Caribbean Curry Powder which we have discovered must be packaged wrong because the meals we have made with it have blown our bloody heads off!! We use curry powder in everything usually, gravy, spag bol, this is Micks influence when he first added curry powder to the pan of bolognese I thought 'what the f*** is he doing' but man that sauce was good. Not much is needed but it gives it a reall earthy taste. Anyway I have gone off on a tangent there....! So yeah, I stupidly overdid the curry powder in the sauce and so I chucked the sauce, washed the balls (!) and made our regular bolognese sauce. The balls had chilli garlic, ginger, jerk seasoning, ground pimento, and all purpose seasoning in them. So basically they were nothing like the beef kofta recipe from the curry book in the end, but they were handsome nonetheless.

How are you getting on Cor? I am popping over to your diary.

Xx

Thanks love. Yeah try the meat balls they are really nice.

Thursday 17th May

So weigh in day and 2lb down and I have lost 1/2 stone - about bloody time! It's only taken me ten weeks!!! Although TBH I have only really been serious for the last 4 weeks. I have been a little off course today, not horrendous, but not great:

B - 3 hot dogs in bread (10 ish all told as I was saving my HEB for tonight)

L - meatballs and pasta, with salad (2) for salad cream

Snacks: HiFi bar (6); apple; 2 yogs; 3 chocolates (eek, they are a bit like rosies so 2 each?) (6?)

D - Bacon cheese burger and chips (HEB and HEA) with salad. (3) syns for sauce

Syns today: 26 - ooh that's not good, 3 hail marys and be a bit frugal with my syns tomoz!

Xxx

Hey CB - nice to see you here. Thats what I thought when I read yours too didn't i!? The LMc sausages were actually quite nice, I am really iffy with fake meat foods, especially the stuff that begins with Q - however I was reliably informed by Red Riding Hood and Donnajt that they were nice. They do not taste like sausage, more like stuffing - so if you are expecting a meaty tasting sausage, don't bother. But for something quick and easy and cooks straight from the freezer to plate in 10 mins, they are really nice. I enjoyed that breakkie....oh, they are a little dry too, so you may need a bit of sauce - I don't likey dry food!
Cor Blimey / Charley - Tesco are sellng the Lind McCartney 6pack of Italian sausages for £1, they are 1/2 syn each - am hoping to get some to try tomorrow

AMAZING LOSS CHARLEY WELL DONE YOU BIG LOSER I AM SO FLIPPING PROUD OF YOU!!!

donnajt said:
Your menu today sounds divine - what frankfurters do you eat - I love a frankfurter sarnie with tomato sauce and mustard

and can I please have your meatball recipe xxx

They are the Ye Old Oak Hot Dogs in a tin, not the huge ones, they are nice too but obv higher in syns. I love nothing better than a Frank in half american mustard and half ketchup rolled up in some bread. They are only 1 syn per Frank.

Meatballs were el beef mince with some fresh chilli, garlic and a smidge of ginger, all purpose seasoning, jerk seasoning, ground pimento and a bit of curry powder - don't add too much of any of the dried spices because the sauce has more herbs and spices in. The sauce was one tin of chopped toms and half a carton of passata, some sweetner, salt and pepper, lots of smoked paprika, oregano, Italian spice mix and parsley (I used dried as I had no fresh). Put the sauce on low and fry the balls til browned, but don't cook too much in the frying pan because they keep cooking when you plop them in the sauce. Turn the heat up higher and them cook for 10 mins or so, about the length of time you cook your pasta/spag for. They were delish! Xx

Back