Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

P.s I hadn't realised thai paste was only 1syn per tbsp, will have to track some down and have a go, did you think it worked well with philly instead of cocnut milk? I'm yet to find those blummin red onion LMC sausages, can't find them anywhere, I'm off to Tesco after work which is the last supermarket near me I haven't tried!
xx

I really did think it worked well, I love love love coconut (what's cocnut dear - something else on your mind!?!) and I thought it would 'miss' that coconutty hit, but I totally didn't, it was really really nice and tasty - you could always substitute the ss milk for that Kara Coconut Milk, I haven't tried it yet - I also heard people on here using the Muller Greek Coconut Yogurt - which would only be .5 syn for the tub - which I think it really good, in fact better than milk syn wise. You need something to water it down a bit, that yog would defo do the trick with some water maybe. I am going to try that next time.

I really enjoyed eating those LMC sausages - I am going to get some more at the weekend. I got mine in Asda - you do know that are in the freezer section don't you? They aren't chilled, they are cook from frozen. Good luck with hunting out the sausage :rolleyes:. xx

Hi

Been looking at your menus and I'm feeling hungry now!

Had to laugh at your food diary title - sounds a lot like me. hahahahaha

Kats

x

Hey Kats! Welcome

I dont get many new visitors, I get a bit excited when I do!!!!

How many times have you tried???

Do you have a diary I could nose through?

x

I really did think it worked well, I love love love coconut (what's cocnut dear - something else on your mind!?!) and I thought it would 'miss' that coconutty hit, but I totally didn't, it was really really nice and tasty - you could always substitute the ss milk for that Kara Coconut Milk, I haven't tried it yet - I also heard people on here using the Muller Greek Coconut Yogurt - which would only be .5 syn for the tub - which I think it really good, in fact better than milk syn wise. You need something to water it down a bit, that yog would defo do the trick with some water maybe. I am going to try that next time.

I really enjoyed eating those LMC sausages - I am going to get some more at the weekend. I got mine in Asda - you do know that are in the freezer section don't you? They aren't chilled, they are cook from frozen. Good luck with hunting out the sausage :rolleyes:. xx

Ooh will have a go, some things that don't seem right in my head have turned out really nice on SW so I need to be more open minded :) Yes I know they are in the freezer lol, I must live in a crappy area for SW friendly things. No Alpen cherry bakewell and no LMC red onion sausages, I could find her sausage rolls and pies but doubt they will be syn free some how. Ooh bladdy hell, cocnuts and sausages ooh err i'm glad it's Friday. How are you getting on? xx

Last edited:
Corblimey said:
Ooh will have a go, some things that don't seem right in my head have turned out really nice on SW so I need to be more open minded :) Yes I know they are in the freezer lol, I must live in a crappy area for SW friendly things. No Alpen cherry bakewell and no LMC red onion sausages, I could find her sausage rolls and pies but doubt they will be syn free some how. Ooh bladdy hell, cocnuts and sausages ooh err i'm glad it's Friday. How are you getting on? xx

I know, I have thought the same thing over the years too - like cottage cheese, I wouldn't eat it out of the tub, but am happy to use it in a quiche!

Where are you in the world Vickie? I don't really like the alpen lights, I find them a waste of HEB. I would rather have a hifi bar or a kelloggs fibre bar.

I am getting on ok, things arent great with mick and I, it's all a bit weird really as we are usually so happy and rarely disagree on anything. I an sure it will work itself out, we have too good a thing going for it not to....(*she says hopefully rather than with certainty*)...

Foodwise I have been good, I did not update my diary for yesterday but i defo went over syns.

I am on my way home now to male my cheesecake for tomorrow - enjoy your lovely barbie Vickie!! X

I understand you not telling people, I hate people knowing because I find their constant asking how I am doing, or 'should you be eating that' - which I get at work, really offputting. I know they mean well but sometimes its easier to fight your demons in your own way, rather than other people trying to help. There is one person at work who watches me like a hawk and it makes me want to shovel the food in more and more, which is stupid, I know. I just hate people telling what I should and shouldnt eat - I had enough of that growing up as a kid, I am an adult now - I can make my own decisions!

Completely agree with you both. I hate telling people and I hate the questions and then their tales of calorie counting or whatever or sympathy. It just makes me feel worse, even though they are probably trying to be nice.

You've been doing well this week Charley so 1lb on isn't bad at all after the weekend and this week will probably make itself noticed at the next weigh in. I was laughing at the thought of you "lemoning away" - me too - lol

Hope things are ok with you and Mick - a bit of disagreement is inevitable in any relationship, I think OH and I have more than our fair share probably because of my temper :eek::eek:

Hey Red, thanks for your kind words. Mick and I ok, if a little snappy. I guess you are right, we can't go through our lives without bad feelings.

How are you doing Red? I will pop on to your diary and take a lookey loo!

Xx

Monday 28 May

Well, another bad weekend. Friday wasnt too bad. Saturday was ok during the day, but in the evening as I suspected, was bad in a very good way as we went to my friend's for a dinner party - One bottle of white wine, plenty of nibbles which consisted of various chips and dips, salamis, peppers stuffed with cheese, then we had a bbq, the sausages were not low in fat, neither were the burgers, I had those in two small slices of white baguette with some bbq'd halloumi. Dessert, I had a small slice of my baileys cheesecake which I could not resist, nor could I finish it. Naughty naughty. Sunday I was good all day, went to watch my nephew play cricket and even paced it around the cricket field a few times, then came home, had Spag bol and one too many HEBs and syns and then I stupidly finished off the cream (leftover from making the cheesecake) by whipping it and adding sugar and having it with strawbs and 4 digestive biscuits (also leftover from the cheesecake) and then felt so sick (I over whipped the cream and it was like butter, but I still kept eating it!) I actually gagged and almost threw it back up - in a way I wished I could have done because I ate it and I didnt need it, I didn't want it - but I cant make myself sick. The only reason I did the biscuit/cream/strawb thing was because it was there and because Mick wasnt - I should have just thrown the cream down the sink - but I am such a gannet! Anyhow, another weekend, another line I must draw under it -

Today:

B - Mini Weetabix (HEB) , no milk (they are lovely dry)

L - Ham and Chicken Salad (2) for salad cream

D - Spag Bol, with parmesan (HEA) and tomato and onion salad

Snacks - Apple x2, Melon, Yog (2), Pink and White Wafer (2.5)

SYNS - 6.5

Tuesday 29th May

Another day, another demon. Tonight I have to work overtime, which means work puts on nibbles for us. I have to resist. I have plenty of provisions so I won't be hungry, but we all know that when nibbles are on the table, hunger doesn't come into it, it's willpower and keeping the Kraken at bay. Wish me luck! So food today;

B - 2 boiled eggs with 2 sausages in bread (HEB) and (1) for ketchup, with onion marmalade - very nice!

L - Tuna with wholemeal pasta, mixed bean salad, toms, cuc, onion, olives (1)

D - Spag Carbonara (HEA) with tomato and onion salad

Snacks - melon, apples, mug shot, rvyita minis (4.5), 2 chicken thighs (skin removed!), 2 oranges

I am sure I will have more syns later on, I have hifi bars, ryvita minis, pink and White wafers in my desk and i have ham and chicken in the fridge at work so I defo won't starve!!!

SYNS: 6.5

EDIT: I did have a few vegetable crisps I probably went over my syns by a dash.

Xxx

Last edited:
Alright Charley! Sounds like we are both ready to be put on the naughty step ay? :D I fell off le SW wagon friday and Saturday because of the devil alcohol (I'm blaming the sun, it's my story and I'm sticking to it!!)

Social lives have to happen, sometimes we just need to find the balance. Or take the gain or slower losses on the chin. My WI tonight - guarantee it's 3 or 4 lbs up.

Hope the work nibbles don't tempt you too much Hun and remember you have plenty of your own nibbles available!! Xx

MinkyDinky said:
Alright Charley! Sounds like we are both ready to be put on the naughty step ay? :D I fell off le SW wagon friday and Saturday because of the devil alcohol (I'm blaming the sun, it's my story and I'm sticking to it!!)

Social lives have to happen, sometimes we just need to find the balance. Or take the gain or slower losses on the chin. My WI tonight - guarantee it's 3 or 4 lbs up.

Hope the work nibbles don't tempt you too much Hun and remember you have plenty of your own nibbles available!! Xx

Hey there Minks, good to see you on here! It sounds like you have had a good weekend. I like you attitude, it's quite simple really, if you want to eat what you want be prepared for a gain, if you want to lose, don't cheat!!! I just need to be good for 6 months solid because I am doing a fab job of maintaining so far! Maintaining a heavy weight, not right is it?!

I had a few veggie crisps, quite restrained for me.

Good luck for your weigh in hun, I hope it's not as bad as you are thinking. I will check in on you tomorrow eve. Thinking thin thoughts for you!!

X

Wednesday 30th May

B - 2 ryvitas with 2 laughing cow lights and ham (6)

L - 2 chicken thighs (skin removed!) with 2 Min Tandoori Rice (3.5), followed by a punnet of strawbs

D - Pasta in Sauce (1) + cheese and onion pitta (HEB and HEA) - the latter was amazing - I grated the cheese and put it and some onion inside the pitta. Fried some bacon off to add to my pasta and once that had cooked, sprayed more frylite and 'fried' the pitta, it was delish

image-340167284.jpg

image-746894091.jpg

Snacks - 2 apples and some ham, 2 oranges

SYNS - 10.5

Last edited:
Thursday 31st May

WEIGH IN THIS MORNING: STS.

I am disappointed with this. I know I wasn't fabulous on Saturday and had a blip on Sunday, but they were only meals and not over days - I have been really good the rest of the week and had some many lemons, I am starting to look like one! I am due on over the next couple of days, so it could be that but really am not happy. This long weekend is going to be temptation on top of temptation. Oh how to be. I also started doing those 5 min workouts, like Donna suggested. They are pretty good, although lots of jumping, which my body HATES to do!!!!

So food today:

B - Sausage Sandwich made with LMc Rosemary and Onion Sausages and (1) ketchup, loads of onion marmie, and 2 boiled eggs.

L - Veggie Sushi (1)

D - Pasta in Sauce or something like that, not sure. I am going to my bro's tonight as it is his birthday, so more temptation I need to side step - I will try and be good and eat when I get in tonight. I have planned today as green so I have 2 HEAS and 1 HEB left to play with and lots of syns. I will find something to eat.

EDIT - OK - I went to bro's and had one glass of red and one mini scotch egg - whoop de whoop. We did decide to have a nandos, half a chicken, spicy rice and halloumi - sadly the skin remained on the chicken (oh the shame!) but I really enjoyed it!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi charley. Been trying to catch up on your diary. But been so blinking busy

Hope u r having a good week

Have you been jogging yet? I'm sticking to walking and the 5 minute workouts

No jogging, I chickened out. Although I saw this woman jog pass me through the town centre, she wasn't small and you could see she was struggling and I thought to myself how brave she was. Loads of kids hang around there and she was just minding her own business. I should try.

I did take you advice and I have got my mini tramp out - it had been propped up against my bedroom wall and the legs were a great place to dry my bras on! I have now turned it up the right way, not been on it yet, but I will do.

Good Luck for your weigh in Donna, I hope you do better than me.

Corblimey said:
Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the STS, better than a gain though eh? Like you say TOTM could be playing a big part too, aint it great being a woman?!

Your cheesy onion pitta looks yummy. Hope you have a nice evening with your bro. The long weekend is likely to be the same for me, booze food and temptation everywhere, argh!!!!
xx

Thanks Vic, I hope it is TOTM - yeah, loving being a women, it's started this morning, the pains and the trots (sorry TMI I know but does anyone else get the trots on the first day of their period?!)

We had a lovely evening at bros, I had a glass of red and a mini scotch egg....not bad.

Have a lovely jubilee weekend, let's not worry too much and enjoy ourselves, but do it cautiously. Good luck! X

Friday 1st June

The Jubilee celebrations are almost upon us. We are off to Bournemouth first thing in the morning, I have decided that I want to enjoy myself and not worry so much about the F word (food, not what ya'll were thinking!). I have therefore decided I will do the following:

1. Breakfast using HEA and HEB for cereal, a semi fry up - bacon beans mush and egg.
2. Lunch will be probably nothing much, but I will be wise(ish).
3. Dinner will be eat what I fancy
4. I will not be synning wine
5. I will not be eating in between meals.
6. I will incorporate some exercise throughout the 3 days

I am hoping the above will keep me at the very least STS for next week.

I am going to stop the above "diet" on Tuesday morning, when my festivities end.

So for today:

B - nothing, but I have had 2 apples and an apricot so far. I am not prepared today.
L - Chicken Salad I think.
D - Not sure

I will edit later. I am not prepared at all today, which is the time when I usually fall down, but so far (11:55am) I remain standing tall (but hungry!!)

Saturday 2nd June

Well we are here in Bournemouth! The weather has been kind and it was lovely for a couple of hours. It's been a strange food day so far, not much food as yet but what I have had has been rather good!

We never had brekkie, thinking we would set off early and have something to eat when we got there, so I made do with half a dozen star bursts! We met up with Micks bro and family and had I had a large white wine. Then we went for a walk, then we went to find some food. There was a jamaican BBQ going on in a bar near our hotel, we went there but had to wait ages and at 3ish I had jerk pork salad coleslaw and rice and peas. It was fab. We have just come back from swimming, I did a load of laps and we have also walked a lot... Oh and I got up extra early this morning to do my 5 min cardio workout! Oh and I have had another glass of wine, a cocktail and a lilt!

We are going to a steakhouse later, reservation is at 8 - Mick is currently stuffing munch down his neck that I lovingly went down the steep hill to get for him, my ulterior motive being that I would get another thigh workout on the way back up. I haven't touched the munch as I want to enjoy my dinner. Thats not to say I won't touch it later tonight when we get back to the hotel!!!!!

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend so far. Xxxx

Back