Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

Red Riding Hood said:
Hello Charley, lovely

I hope you are having an amazing time in Bournemouth, just enjoy yourself and don't stress. Sounds like you are getting a lot of great exercise in. Doing a good job sweetie

xxx

Hey Red, thanks - we did have a lovely time. I an afraid after my post on Saturday afternoon, the rest of the weekend has been a feeding frenzy. I am on my way to work now, feeling really crappy and bloated. Serves me right. I know I have gained in a big way this week, weigh in tomorrow, it's not going to be pretty, but hey I had a good time and I am not going to beat myself up about it.

How was your jubilee weekend? I am going to pop over to your diary in a mo. Xxx

Wednesday 6th June

Well the weekend was bad foodwise, I was naughty, I am going to pay for it tomorrow morning on the scales of doom - nuff said.

I have been drinking lemon water today like I have never drank it before, I am on my 3rd lemon and its only 2pm!

So food for today:

B - Mini Weetabix (HEB) with ff yog and a banana

L - Chicken Drumsticks (skin off) with salad (2) for salad cream and Mexican 2 min rice (2.5)

image-805384290.jpg

Snacks - 2 apples, orange

D - Spaghetti with prawns, mushroom onion in a HM tomato sauce and cheese (HEA) on top.

SYNS - 4.5

I would like to go low syns for the next few days (5 and under) to make up for what has been over the last few days

EDIT - right confession time, after dinner i had half a tub of pringles and 4 digestive biscuits! So naughty. I need to start afresh and take this thing seriously. To my knowledge I have nothing major coming up. This is it.

Last edited:
Thursday 7th June

Welcome to my brand new day. I feel like I have been farting around with SW and taking liberties with it and myself. In four stone time I can act this way and maintain but right now I need to concentrate on losing. So weigh in today was 2lbs on. Not surprised, in fact I was a little surprised it wasn't more. So food today:

B - 2 LMc sausages in 2 slices of 800g bread with onion marmalade and one laff cow light (part HEA) (HEB + 6 for extra slice of bread)

L - leftover spag and prawns

D - gammon joint, rice and salad

Snacks - Half a large bag of peas in their pods - amazing (but I am trumping like there's no tomorrow), Yog, apple, peach, punnet of strawbs, pink and White (2.5)

SYNS - 8.5

Last edited:
Hi Charley,

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend, I'm loving the positivity of your brand new day. Sure that 2lb on will disappear in no time, I put 3lb on this weekend, I'm sure we won't be the only ones. But hey it's not every day the nation celebrates a diamond jubilee :)
Good luck for the rest of the week xxx

Great attitude! And I love your blaming the queen, I blame her too!! People on here in the past call this big weigh gain over a few days "jelly weight" which is hopefully weight that will disappear pretty quickly. I am hopeful that this 2lbs for me and 3lbs for you is just jelly weight!

Good luck for you too honey!

I have decided to change my challenge as there was no way I was going to get 21lbs off before my trip to Amsterdam on my birthday (12th July) - I have decided to give 14lbs in 5 weeks a go. I know this is a pretty steep loss and I doubt very much I will manage it, but I am going to give it a go. I want to try and start jogging this week and I want to carry on with my cardio apps on the phone, I will continue the lemon/water drinking and beware of my portion sizes, which have been gargantuan.

We are travelling to Amsterdam on Easyjet and I am scared that the seatbelt wont do up. I am 8lb bigger than the last time I travelled EJ and it fitted then. So even if I lose 8lb, I will rest easy.

xx

Charleybarley said:
Thursday 7th June

Welcome to my brand new day. I feel like I have been farting around with SW and taking liberties with it and myself. In four stone time I can act this way and maintain but right now I need to concentrate on losing. So weigh in today was 2lbs on. Not surprised, in fact I was a little surprised it wasn't more. So food today:

B - 2 LMc sausages in 2 slices of 800g bread with onion marmalade and one laff cow light (part HEA) (HEB + 6 for extra slice of bread)

L - leftover spag and prawns

D - gammon joint, rice and salad

Snacks - Half a large bag of peas in their pods - amazing (but I am trumping like there's no tomorrow), Yog, apple, peach, punnet of strawbs, pink and White (2.5)

SYNS - 8.5

image-73541020.jpg

Oh this was goooooood!

MinkyDinky said:
Dur! It's salad :D :D xx

Tee hee , it is indeed salad!

How are you doing Minks? Was the weekend as booze and food fuelled as you were expecting? I will hop onto your food diary in a jif to see how you are doing.

Do you go into the recipe section? If so there is a thread i started, it's like a monthly world food challenge. Not many are subscribed yet but June is Mexico, the idea is to concoct a fab two/three course meal within the parameters of SW. It is a challenge, last month was France, which wasn't very popular to say the least but I think June's Mexican month will more interesting. If you get a sec, take a look.

Xx

Hi Charley - sorry not been around this week - had 2 lots of Jubilee BBQs (was angelic at first cup of tea and handful of radishes....but human at 2nd - well it would have been very disrespectful to the queen not to indulge)...managed a 1lb loss which I am chuffed with - still feeling a big peculiar (constipation and bloatedness from eating bread!)...will catch up properly later as just got home with kids and I have missed them so much I am want to spend the rest f the day smelling, kissing and hugging them xxx

Hi Charley - sorry not been around this week - had 2 lots of Jubilee BBQs (was angelic at first cup of tea and handful of radishes....but human at 2nd - well it would have been very disrespectful to the queen not to indulge)...managed a 1lb loss which I am chuffed with - still feeling a big peculiar (constipation and bloatedness from eating bread!)...will catch up properly later as just got home with kids and I have missed them so much I am want to spend the rest f the day smelling, kissing and hugging them xxx

Hey Stranger! Well done on that 1lb loss, despite 'respecting' the queen! You see, with you, you stop and being naughty after a day - I was 'respecting' the queen for the whole long weekend. I clearly have much more 'respect' for her than you do - orf with your head!

You are doing so well!!! I wish I had your Will.

Take care and catch up soon.

Friday 8th June

Well I have been as good as a good thing these last two days - yay me! I plan on remaining good throughout the dreaded weekend! I am a "Wicked Weekender" which is the proper term for the likes of me according to Secret Eaters - by the way, why are those people not much bigger than they are? They eat so much and are generally in such denial about the amount they pick. I am so aware of the things I eat and it makes me feel quite saintly! Although I am bigger than a lot of these people and I eat less - what's occurring!

So foodage today:

B - 2 LMc Sausages (I am becoming addicted to these!) and 2 boiled eggs

L - Leftover gammon with Cottage Cheese on Ryvitatatatas (HEB) and WW crisps (4)

D - Spaghetti Carbonara with bacon and chorizo with salad (2.5)

Snacks - Apple, Peach, Punnet of Strawbs, Fresh Peas in their pods (farty pants time again!)

SYNS - 6.5

xxx

Tee hee , it is indeed salad!

How are you doing Minks? Was the weekend as booze and food fuelled as you were expecting? I will hop onto your food diary in a jif to see how you are doing.

Do you go into the recipe section? If so there is a thread i started, it's like a monthly world food challenge. Not many are subscribed yet but June is Mexico, the idea is to concoct a fab two/three course meal within the parameters of SW. It is a challenge, last month was France, which wasn't very popular to say the least but I think June's Mexican month will more interesting. If you get a sec, take a look.

Xx

Not bad here thanks Charley - as you know huge loss this week which was a little unexpected to say the least! But will take it and run :D

Thanks for the heads up about the recipe section challengey thingy, well up for that! I love mexican and have a little stash of spicy refried beans in the cupboard, yum!

I read that you are a little worried about flying easyjet because of the sealtbelts - if its any consolation I always had those panicky thoughts but I managed to always squeeze the belts on around me without an extension or anything at my biggest (which was 20.7 stone and a very snug size 22!) I remember going to Alton Towers with all my friends and couldn't go on the new ride at the time (Air?) that we spent an hour and a half in a queue for because they couldnt get the bars over and done up. I was mortified. I blamed my big boobs as a way of a cover up to hide my embarrassment but I don't think that they believed me, meh, c'est la vie!

Hope you are having great day and looking forward to a saintly weekend??! xxx

Friday 8th June

I am a "Wicked Weekender" which is the proper term for the likes of me according to Secret Eaters - by the way, why are those people not much bigger than they are? They eat so much and are generally in such denial about the amount they pick. I am so aware of the things I eat and it makes me feel quite saintly! Although I am bigger than a lot of these people and I eat less - what's occurring!

I watched that last night and found it really weird too, I don't know how anyone can not know what they are eating to such an extent, even before I joined SW (the first time lol) I knew full well what I was eating and if it was healthy or not. Did you see the big drink and all that sauce the woman ate with her McDs and said she didn't have any sugar in her diet?!!! Programmes like that annoy me coz they seem to show that all overweight people just eat junk food all day long, I know some people do and I have been known to scoff a full big bag of kettle chips on occasion but not everyone orders takeaways every night and eats huuuge amounts of chocolate at a time. Sorry for ranting on your page! x

I watched that last night and found it really weird too, I don't know how anyone can not know what they are eating to such an extent, even before I joined SW (the first time lol) I knew full well what I was eating and if it was healthy or not. Did you see the big drink and all that sauce the woman ate with her McDs and said she didn't have any sugar in her diet?!!! Programmes like that annoy me coz they seem to show that all overweight people just eat junk food all day long, I know some people do and I have been known to scoff a full big bag of kettle chips on occasion but not everyone orders takeaways every night and eats huuuge amounts of chocolate at a time. Sorry for ranting on your page! x

Here bloody here!!! I totally agree with you. I hate this too - its like my TOWIE/Essex thing, apparently Essex people are vacant, fake and bloody stupid - so far from the truth - but back to what you were saying. I am so annoyed that big people are viewed as greedy idiots - I know there are people out there who haven't very much dietary knowledge - but really we aren't all takeaway/cake eating fools - sure I have a blow out, hence why I take two steps forward and one step back. But I do know what I put in my mouth and I do know when it is good and when it is bad.

RANT AWAY Vickie!

Did you see the other week where the woman drank 3 pints of Magners whilst she was cooking dinner (and picking on the dinner whilst she was preparing) and then had four mahoooosive rum and cokes in a pint glass and wondered why she was gaining weight....I myself was wondering why she wasn't bigger than she was!!!!

Charleybarley said:
Friday 8th June

Well I have been as good as a good thing these last two days - yay me! I plan on remaining good throughout the dreaded weekend! I am a "Wicked Weekender" which is the proper term for the likes of me according to Secret Eaters - by the way, why are those people not much bigger than they are? They eat so much and are generally in such denial about the amount they pick. I am so aware of the things I eat and it makes me feel quite saintly! Although I am bigger than a lot of these people and I eat less - what's occurring!

So foodage today:

B - 2 LMc Sausages (I am becoming addicted to these!) and 2 boiled eggs

L - Leftover gammon with Cottage Cheese on Ryvitatatatas (HEB) and WW crisps (4)

D - Spaghetti Carbonara with bacon and chorizo with salad (2.5)

Snacks - Apple, Peach, Punnet of Strawbs, Fresh Peas in their pods (farty pants time again!)

SYNS - 6.5

xxx

Omg that menu is amazing.

Have u tried lm italian saysages or her mozarella burgers

Not bad here thanks Charley - as you know huge loss this week which was a little unexpected to say the least! But will take it and run :D

Thanks for the heads up about the recipe section challengey thingy, well up for that! I love mexican and have a little stash of spicy refried beans in the cupboard, yum!

I read that you are a little worried about flying easyjet because of the sealtbelts - if its any consolation I always had those panicky thoughts but I managed to always squeeze the belts on around me without an extension or anything at my biggest (which was 20.7 stone and a very snug size 22!) I remember going to Alton Towers with all my friends and couldn't go on the new ride at the time (Air?) that we spent an hour and a half in a queue for because they couldnt get the bars over and done up. I was mortified. I blamed my big boobs as a way of a cover up to hide my embarrassment but I don't think that they believed me, meh, c'est la vie!

Hope you are having great day and looking forward to a saintly weekend??! xxx

Ahh hun, thats awful - you must have felt so sad. But hey, that wont happen to you anymore. I hope that hasnt scarred you for life. I sadly wont go to parks like that whilst I am this big, for that reason. I am so scared I will be turned away. I make out its because I have lost my bottle for the rides, its because I am scared I wont fit in the seats.

I have been bigger and fitted into plane seats, but the belts come up in such different sizes. I always have this fear, whenever I am about to fly.

I have had a great weekend, I havent been out or anything so I spent most of my time cooking up my Mexican Feast, which I will post all about on the thread, and I have cooked lots of yummy foods.

How has your w/e been? xx

Omg that menu is amazing.

Have u tried lm italian saysages or her mozarella burgers

No I haven't, are they good? I have seen the Italian ones and the burgers on your food diary but you syn them, i love a syn free sommat! xx

Saturday 9th June

This weekend was a quiet but busy weekend. I have done loads of things, all good but I will start on Saturday and with breakfast:

B&L - LMc Sausages and HM Mini quiches a la Minky (thanks Mink), with (1) brown sauce and Manky Melon, with a Lemon Tea. This quiches - well I overdid the egg mixture I think and the whole thing went over the pudding tray and caused a mess but these were tasty little blighters, I had 4 on my plate but a sneaky 5th whilst I was cleaning up the kitchen - had another 3 cold whilst writing this, got three more left - they are on my mind!

image-2186914718.jpg

D - Well this was my Mexican Munch out which I had planned on the Recipe thread, which had three courses:
Starter: Huevos Rancheros with WM Pitta (HEB)
Main: Nacho Chicken Grill (3.5 + HEA), Mexican Potatoes (1.5) and HM Salsa
Dessert: Frozen Pina Colada (3.5)

image-2715815693.jpg

image-3212696733.jpg

image-534254914.jpg

TOTAL: 9

Last edited:
Back