Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

Egg fried rice sounds schweeeeet. I always end up with a claggy mess but have taken the tip and will reproduce next week (the rice, not in a let's make babies sense...)
Hope you are ok sweetie and a heads up - I'm making balls this weekend woo! Xx

I know I saw that ep too, but man it made that coleslaw taste sooooooo good! I am in for a gain this week Donna, I know it!
I don't thnk I could stomach full fat mayo its been years since I bought any

Charley if you gain so what? its life - try harder next week - the difference between now and when our paths first crossed is that you would have gone into a downer and eaten off plan for 2-3 days, you are learning to cope with the downfalls and before you know it you will be dodging them - we're all on a learning curve - look at me I have wasted about 4 weeks over my journey - if I'd have lost 2lbs per week which was achieveable - I would be at 2.5stone loss not hoping to get my 1.5 stone tomorrow - remember it took us years to get to the size we are

I change my evening meal slightly last night - I had HM egg fried rice - now I have done it previously and felt that there was something missing, so last night I cooked my rice and then I fried off some spring onions (coz they needed to be used) and then cracked two eggs and swirled it round, then added some soy sauce and a couple of teaspoons of curry powder - the key to amazing "tastes like real chinese" egg fried rice - its curry powder. I was beautiful and I could have eaten it a million times over.
So I only had 5.5 syns.
OMG that sounds so good - I am gonna try and plan that in somewhere over next few days

Wednesday 27th June

B - Rocky Road Hifi (HEB) and two oranged

Mid morning - small packet of wafer thin ham

L - Jacket Potato with mayo and butter bud (1) and salad and lentil burger (this was bought from the canteen I couldn't say how many syns were present so I will guess at 3(?))

D - Spaghetti Carbonara (HEA) (2.5) for chorizo and salad

Snacks - apple, punnet of cherries, 2 hershey's kisses

Syns: 8.5

Exercise: Jogging and other training with Sis
Another great menu!

have taken the tip and will reproduce next week (the rice, not in a let's make babies sense...)

PMSL!!!! MinkyDinky what "balls" are you making?

MinkyDinky said:
Egg fried rice sounds schweeeeet. I always end up with a claggy mess but have taken the tip and will reproduce next week (the rice, not in a let's make babies sense...)

Yeah, claggy rice sucks, if I don't have cooked and chilled rice ready then I cook my rice and run it under the cold tap, cold rice is key, I also constantly spray it with fry light so it doesnt dry out. I havent tried the wok fry light but I hear it's good.

Good luck with your balls Hun, I hope they turn out round and meaty! Xx

donnajt said:
I don't thnk I could stomach full fat mayo its been years since I bought any

Charley if you gain so what? its life - try harder next week - the difference between now and when our paths first crossed is that you would have gone into a downer and eaten off plan for 2-3 days, you are learning to cope with the downfalls and before you know it you will be dodging them - we're all on a learning curve - look at me I have wasted about 4 weeks over my journey - if I'd have lost 2lbs per week which was achieveable - I would be at 2.5stone loss not hoping to get my 1.5 stone tomorrow - remember it took us years to get to the size we are

OMG that sounds so good - I am gonna try and plan that in somewhere over next few days

Another great menu!

PMSL!!!! MinkyDinky what "balls" are you making?

Sadly Donna, I could stomach just about anything (except oysters - just why??) although what I have learnt and am still learning is that low fat versions aren't that bad. I am sitting in M&S lakeside coffee shop having had a skinny cappuccino and it tasted just as creamy as the full fat version...and it filled a gap, I was hungry before and tempted by the sangas but I walked by them - I am so strong - grrr!!

Hun, you are so right, life is short and while I want to lose weight, I want more to live longer and be fit and healthy, which I think is more important than scales. My Sis in law has always said not to take much noticed of the scales, she said measurements mean more. I feel so much healthier than before and you are right I would have slid into food hell for days before I came out of it bloated abs angry, I am jus gonna say that I have had a lovely week of being semi good and Mick and I have enjoyed staying at the folks and having the benefit of a big garden, the watering and tending to the plants has kept me fit and made me feel great, plus having my own private running track that IS their garden has helped!!!

Minky balls are the brain child of Brit mum, tried, tested and adored by Corblimey (Aka Vickie) and Minks and I are going to give them a go. I notice Don that you use aunt bessie's, well this recipe (I don't have it to hand, I am on my phone) uses 4/5 1/2 syn sausages and bulgar wheat and various herbs, so a load of meaty balls for 2 - 2.5 syns! Magic!

Corblimey said:
Also I always struggled with egg fried rice going claggy until I discovered you need to make it with cold rice either from the fridge or chilled under cold running water before heating in a pan otherwise it ends up stodgy and claggy, perfect rice every time now :)
Sorry to butt in! xx

Exactly Vic, I use cold rice too - dreamy chinesy egg fried rice!

Thanks for you wishes for my weigh in ladies - I put on a pound, which I am actually fine about, as I mentioned above if I hadbt have been running and tending to my parents garden (which is exhausting every day!) then it would have been more. So I am fine with this.

I have two days off work to enjoy the weather and also clean the house before m&d get back from ther hols...

Food today:

B - strawbs and raspberries freshly picked from said garden and skinny Capp from M&S (2) ?

L - ?

D - BBQ - jerk chicken, venison burger (?), bun (HEB), cheese (HEA) and half pack rice (1) - and salas

Syns - ?? Will work out later
Exercise - nought but gardening and plenty of walking I am about to do around lakeside!

I LOVE DAYS OFF WORK!!!

Friday 29th June

Well I have decided to change my weigh in to Fridays, it suits me better as I require an extra day after the weekend!!! I have given up my SW online membership too. Let's see how I get on this week:

B - nothing - not good I know, but I was busy cleaning my parents house an moving all our stuff back to the flat

L - 2 chicken legs (skin off), thai green mushroom (a whole pack of chestnut mush) (1) for Thai paste (HEA) for phili light) all on a big bed of salad.

Snacks - Peanut Hifi bar (HEB)

D - Egg & Chips. Desserts - strawbs, 2 meringues (5) and squirty cream (2)

Syns balance - 105
Syns so far - 8
Syns remaining - 97

Exercise - None

Last edited:
Saturday 30th June

Brunch - fry up - eggs, bacon, sausage (1), mushroom, beans, toast (HEB) (2) for butter (1) ketchup

Snacks - strawbs, cherries, apples

Dinner - lasagne (5) (HEA) with salad (1) dressing

Syns balance - 97
Syns today - 10*
Syns remaining - 87

* I may possibly have a vino or two, we'll see.

Exercise - None

Last edited:
donnajt said:
Morning Gorgeous,

Hope all is good, fingers crossed I have Thursday off this week meaning I only have to work two days next week!!! Bliss...sods law it will rain

Was very bad last night - saveloy & chips, crisps and chocolate ... I'm only cheating myself

Any ideas for picnic ideas???

Hey hun,

Where's that naughty step! Saveloy and chips isn't the worse thing to have, it would have been worse. I am back home now, bit sad but happy to be back to normality, which means all my home supplies and much less temptation!

How was your weigh in this week? I will pop over to your diary in a min.

Picnic ideas:

oQuiche
oChicken drumsticks flavoured with your honey and mustard, Nandos piri piri (.5 syn per tbsp),HM barbecue
oHM scotch eggs
oCoronation chicken (elf mayo and curry powder)
oSavoury rice (eaten cold)
oPotato salad (your yummy recipe)
oSandwiches
......Hmm I have run out of good picnic ideas but have plenty more bad picnic ideas! I had better keep those to myself!

Xx

2lbs off Charley - I don't know whats wrong with me - I went on a crisps binge last night !!!

Right picnic menu as follows:0
slow roasted lamb
greek salad
Charley's Fried Rice (with chicken)
Watermelon (oh yes I carried the watermelon)
Nectarines
Grapes
Strawberries
Diet Cream Soda
Water
Velvet Crunch crisps

What are you up to today?

donnajt said:
2lbs off Charley - I don't know whats wrong with me - I went on a crisps binge last night !!!

Right picnic menu as follows:0
slow roasted lamb
greek salad
Charley's Fried Rice (with chicken)
Watermelon (oh yes I carried the watermelon)
Nectarines
Grapes
Strawberries
Diet Cream Soda
Water
Velvet Crunch crisps

What are you up to today?

Hmmm sounds like a very posh picnic indeed, no soggy sangas and limp lettuce for you!!

Not doing much today - I am just getting ready for my training sesh with Heidi, will be popping around mum and dads later, roast chicken din din - can't wait for that, although I really fancy a picnic or BBQ now!

Have a lovely day, what park are you going to? X

Sunday 1 July

Brunch - 2 fried egg and 2 ham slices (HEB) (3) for butter.

Snack - 2 apples and a banana

Dinner - roast chicken, mash, stuffing balls, broc, cauli, carrots, sweetcorn, gravy (6) for gravy, stuffing and butter for mash

Bottle of red - (25) (over two days)

Syns balance - 87
Syns used - 34
Syns remaining - 53

Exercise - 1 hour training with Sis. Jogged 1/4, then 3/4, then whole lap! Resistance training.

I LOVE BALLS!!!

Hmmm sounds like a very posh picnic indeed, no soggy sangas and limp lettuce for you!!

Not doing much today - I am just getting ready for my training sesh with Heidi, will be popping around mum and dads later, roast chicken din din - can't wait for that, although I really fancy a picnic or BBQ now!

Have a lovely day, what park are you going to? X

Went to Raphael Park in Havering (Romford) it was a lovely day and Dad was super happy with his Budweiser fridge (he has just converted loft into a boys play room - snooker table etc)

Your fried rice went down a treat Charley but by new favourite thing is greek salad!!! Got to laugh I only left the lamb at home

Went to Raphael Park in Havering (Romford) it was a lovely day and Dad was super happy with his Budweiser fridge (he has just converted loft into a boys play room - snooker table etc)

Your fried rice went down a treat Charley but by new favourite thing is greek salad!!! Got to laugh I only left the lamb at home

Glad you enjoyed your day and the rice. I cant believe you left the essence of the picnic at home!!!! I bet you were popular! I do love a greek salad, it HAS to be made with proper nice tommies though - I am a bit of a tomato freak - I love all the different varieties you can get, Tesco are brilliant for different varieties - Mick blanches at me spending £3 for two small trays of toms, but I just can't do those generic tasting salad toms or cherry toms anymore - Tomato Snob, thats what I am.

Back