Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

Ooh you liked them then? I'm making some tonight still not bored of them yet.

Jogging on a Sunday - I am so impressed xx

Oh my god yes! They were delicious. I converted 1/2 cup to being 64grams, so maybe thats why you needed more sausagemeat? I only used 3 saus and that was plenty for the 65g of bulgar. I am going to make another batch tonight and have them cold for lunch - I just had 3 that were leftover (I had 6 last night with dinner!!!) and you are right, they are just as nice cold with salad. Fooking handsome!

Monday 2nd July

My first day back to work having last Thursday and Friday off, I wanna be a housewife!!!!!!! I would so love not to work, I think I would be a really good housewife, minus the children of course! Alas the only way this is going to happen will be if I win the lottery.... I am trying. I would fill my days up with tending to my garden (I will be rich and will no longer be living in my little flat!) and shopping and cooking and I don't even mind cleaning when you have time to do it. At the moment cleaning is a rush job that is done on a Saturday morning - I would have all day to do what I pleased.....aaahhhh! Right, back to reality:

B - 2 LMc Italian Sausages (1) in sandwich with onion marmie* - Donna, you are right, these are fabulous - not sure which one I prefer, Rosemary and Red Onion or Italian - I guess there's only one way to find out ..... FIGHT!!!!!

L - Leftover chicken and balls (.5) pasta and salad (.5) for mayo

D - Leftover Lasagne (5) (HEA) and Salad (2) for dressing

Syns balance - 53
Syns used today - 9
Syns remaining - 44

* I need to make more of this, I am almost out, Donna, this is the same batch that I made weeks ago on your recommendation - I don't have it very often but I really enjoy it with me saus sanga of a morning - I keep it in an air tight jar in the fridge, thinking that because it is made with vinegar that it will be well preserved and therefore stay fresh - like pickled onions??? What do you think? Or am I slowly killing myself on moldy old onions?!

Exercise - Resistance work tonight - Free Weights on upper body, press ups and sit ups - I did something to my ankle this morning and I have been in agony all day, not sure what I have done but I am really hoping it is better for my Wednesday morning training session. Feel the burn people :character00115:

Last edited:
Oh my god yes! They were delicious. I converted 1/2 cup to being 64grams, so maybe thats why you needed more sausagemeat? I only used 3 saus and that was plenty for the 65g of bulgar. I am going to make another batch tonight and have them cold for lunch - I just had 3 that were leftover (I had 6 last night with dinner!!!) and you are right, they are just as nice cold with salad. Fooking handsome!

Well out of curiosity I weighed my usual guesstimated amount of bulgur last night and it was 110g which is probably why I needed more sausage and got more balls, when you said your mix made 9 I was starting to think your balls were bigger than mine ;)

Well out of curiosity I weighed my usual guesstimated amount of bulgur last night and it was 110g which is probably why I needed more sausage and got more balls, when you said your mix made 9 I was starting to think your balls were bigger than mine ;)

Come now Vickie, its not the size of the balls, its the quality of the taste! I think I actually made more than that - Mick had 3, I had 6 and 3 were leftover, so 12 little balls. I love them I am having the last one today with my chicken and pasta salad. I will defo be making more very soon.

Tuesday 3rd July

Sadly my foot is still hurting, but its a lot easier than yesterday - I think I may have to give training a miss tomorrow morning. It may be better by then but to be honest, Mick and I are off to Amsterdam next week and I really need my feet to be in good working order for all that walking we are going to be doing. So I am going to take it easy. If I am recovered by the weekend, then we will train on Sunday.

B - 2 LMc Italian Saus (1) with 2 boiled eggs

L - Chicken and Pasta Salad (1) for mayo

D - Bacon Cheese Burger (HEA and HEB) with chips and salad (3) for various sauces, ketchup, tiger thai dressing etc.

Snacks - Apple, Banana, Nectarine and Punnet of Strawbs; 2 Hershey's kisses (these things are driving me insane, they are sitting at work, I am pretty much the only person that likes them!) I wish they would just get eaten! (2) syns, and 1 syn per kiss is so not worth it, they are bloody tiny!!!!!.

Syns balance - 44
Syns today - 7
Syns remaining - 37

Exercise - I did some free weights - triceps dips, bicep curls, upright row, chest fly, side bends - 3 x 16 reps.

Last edited:
Oh no, shame about your poorly ankle but well done for sticking with it and doing upper body exercises I would be making excuses to have a rest for a while especially in anticipation of your trip to Amsterdam.
Your dinner sounds lovely, bacon cheeseburger and chips is one of my fave SW meals :drool:

I know I am feeling pretty sorry for myself, I think its my achilles. I really want to do some more exercise though - I need to burn fat man! I don't think I will manage my 9lb in two weeks! I may however just get to my 1 stone award - I am 5lbs away, which means I need 2.5 lbs off this week and next - so fingers crossed!

Wednesday 4th July

Day three of my poorly foot - I missed training today :sigh: . I was hoping for 3lb off tomoz, but I think I am hoping now - I have stuck to the plan but I have missed a training session and also my usual fast walking to work has been marred by my walking very slowly and awkwardly - ho hum, I guess I should just hope for a loss of some description. Still, my foot is easing up a bit more and my limp is getting less pronounced.

So food:

B - 3 BGTY Sausages (1.5) in sandwich (HEB) with last of the onion marmie.

L - Pasta in Sauce (1) with salad

D - I need to use up a load of mushrooms, cauliflower and brocolli - I have no idea what to do. I have rice and spaghetti in the cupboard, lots of onions, frozen cod and basa and I have one HEA to use up. What should I make myself?.....:thinking2: Any ideas anyone?

EDIT: Spaghetti carbonara (HEA) - bacon, chorizo (2.5), tons of mushrooms, served with tomato and onion salad.

Snacks - Apricot, nana, punnet of strawbs, 2 percy pigs (3). Can you believe PP's are 1.5 per pig!? Outrageous.

Syns balance: 37
Syns today: 8
Syns remaining: 29

Last edited:
Morning gorgeous x

Good morning

How are you doing? Not long to go until your holiday - when do you actually go? We are in Amsterdam next week. I totally didn't make any of the goals I set myself, but then again I never do - I usually put too much emphasis on getting to the goals and going the other way. All I really wanted to do was lose a stone before 12th July, I lost 2lb this week, which means I need to lose 3lb next week, that will be a stone! Fingers crossed - although in all honesty a 3lb loss is pretty difficult for me, especially as my foot is out of action and I can't exercise properly. We'll see... How are you getting on with it all?

Thursday 5th July

2lb off today - I was hoping for a bit more but hey, can't scoff at 2lb. One week to go until my birthday (12th) and also until we fly out to Amsterdam. I am really looking forward to it, I totally plan to not be on plan for the three days we are there - although I will try and make slighly wiser decisions. We are going out to lunch today (groan!) - its a three courser, although I will abstain from desserts.

B - Punnet of Strawberries and apple

L - YET TO BE DECIDED

D - DUST!

Charleybarley said:
Thursday 5th July

2lb off today - I was hoping for a bit more but hey, can't scoff at 2lb. One week to go until my birthday (12th) and also until we fly out to Amsterdam. I am really looking forward to it, I totally plan to not be on plan for the three days we are there - although I will try and make slighly wiser decisions. We are going out to lunch today (groan!) - its a three courser, although I will abstain from desserts.

L - YET TO BE DECIDED

D - DUST!

Well done on your 2lb loss, bet your excited for your hols? I got back from portugal last night, got on the scales this morning and iv gained 6lbs! Im disgusted at myself but at the same time i loved my holiday and wouldnt have changed anything about it
x

Thursday 5th July

L - YET TO BE DECIDED

D - DUST!

Ok back from lunch, it was good and so was I more or less (I could have been a lot worse!)

S - Pork terrine thing with melba toast. The pork tasted a bit like pulled pork, I don't think there was anything too bad in it, it certainly wasn't pate, which I was secretly hoping for!
M - Sea Bass Fillet on a bed of Med Veg - this was delicious, the sea bass was teeny tiny though and there was no potatoes or pasta or anything with it. It was fairly oily though.
D - They gave me and my friend a little birthday cupcake each, which we halved with our friends, I literally had two spoonfuls with no buttercream and gave the rest to my friend.
Drinks - one glass of champer which was on the house and I was not going to refuse.
All in all it was a very nice meal but pretty small and I know I will be hungry later. Still it is weigh in day and therefore a 'bit of a treat' day

Well done on your 2lb loss, bet your excited for your hols? I got back from portugal last night, got on the scales this morning and iv gained 6lbs! Im disgusted at myself but at the same time i loved my holiday and wouldnt have changed anything about it
x

Hi Hun
How was Portugal? I quite fancy going there. Don't worry about 6lbs and please dont be disgusted in yourself, you need to relax and enjoy yourself when you are away - otherwise, whats the point? The main thing is you had a fab time. You will lose that 6lb in no time at all. I put 11lbs on in Feb when I went on my cruise!!!

xxx

Hi Hun
How was Portugal? I quite fancy going there. Don't worry about 6lbs and please dont be disgusted in yourself, you need to relax and enjoy yourself when you are away - otherwise, whats the point? The main thing is you had a fab time. You will lose that 6lb in no time at all. I put 11lbs on in Feb when I went on my cruise!!!

xxx

It was amazing! I would definitely recommend it. So gutted to be back today and back to work at 7 tomorrow morning-depressing! I felt really bad this morning when I got on the scales but I wouldnt have changed anything on my holiday, I went there to enjoy myself and I certainly did! Im hoping to have lost that by the end of July. I have a new food diary now, and Im started fresh tomorrow so back to being 100%!
X

Chloe_Fisher_:) said:
It was amazing! I would definitely recommend it. So gutted to be back today and back to work at 7 tomorrow morning-depressing! I felt really bad this morning when I got on the scales but I wouldnt have changed anything on my holiday, I went there to enjoy myself and I certainly did! Im hoping to have lost that by the end of July. I have a new food diary now, and Im started fresh tomorrow so back to being 100%!
X

I am glad you had such a lovely time. I know how depressing it is getting back from holiday to reality.

Good for you love, it's good to have a goal. What is your new diary called?

X

Good morning

How are you doing? Not long to go until your holiday - when do you actually go? We are in Amsterdam next week. I totally didn't make any of the goals I set myself, but then again I never do - I usually put too much emphasis on getting to the goals and going the other way. All I really wanted to do was lose a stone before 12th July, I lost 2lb this week, which means I need to lose 3lb next week, that will be a stone! Fingers crossed - although in all honesty a 3lb loss is pretty difficult for me, especially as my foot is out of action and I can't exercise properly. We'll see... How are you getting on with it all?

4 weeks Monday for me - but have piss-balled about all week - i ate 24 jaffa cakes last night I don't even like bloody jaffas!!! Had upset tummy all day

Well done on your 2lbs that fab Charlie - I now have 3 weigh ins to love 9lbs - probably isn't going to happen but I did 1/2 hour with meg on Wii Just Dance 3 - loved it - gonna try and do it again later on

donnajt said:
4 weeks Monday for me - but have piss-balled about all week - i ate 24 jaffa cakes last night I don't even like bloody jaffas!!! Had upset tummy all day

Well done on your 2lbs that fab Charlie - I now have 3 weigh ins to love 9lbs - probably isn't going to happen but I did 1/2 hour with meg on Wii Just Dance 3 - loved it - gonna try and do it again later on

24?! Wow. Mind you they are moorish aren't they? I am feeling really rubbish I feel so sick and have bad trots (sorry, TMI) - I think it's something I ate today at lunch, the other girls are fine tho.

Is Meg out of plaster now then? I guess so if she is playing Wii Just Dance. Good for you Hun. I want to get one but I don't reckon I will use it and waste my money on it. There isn't enough room to have it in the bedroom and I couldn't do it in front of Mick in the living room!

6th July

Ooh I have been poorly! My lunch of yesterday did not agree with me. I sneaked a weigh in yesterday and I am down another 2lbs! Anyhoo, I am being very careful with what I eat today as I still feel really queasy.

B - a Handful (not a HEB worth) Weetabix Minis dry.

L - Going to attempt a plain jacket with some ham (staying away from fruit and veg today)

D - ? It all depends on if I feel better. We was going to have a Nandos, but I think that will be a no no.

Back