Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

Saturday 7th July - remembering the lives lost and injured in London. Never will I forget that day.

Well I am feeling better today, although my ankle is still paining me, another day not exercising. I spoke to my Sis in law who said that we need to completely rest it, esp before Amsterdam, I don't want to chance making it worse.

It has been a day for firsts today:

We went to the movies today and even though I initially felt better I didnt have any popcorn which is a first for me! Just a pepsi max. We came out at midday and I was ravenous - so onto food.

Lunch - meatballs and spaghetti at F&B's. When it came up I said to Mick 'bloody hell I am not going to get fat from this portion of spaghetti' it barely covered the plate! I am used to s mound of spaghetti but there were 5 very large balls to contend with. I didnt really enjoy them, the mince was grisly, it was clearly cheap, fatty mince - I guess I am used to using el mince, these meatballs were not el! So I left one big ball and a bit of spaghetti - another first!

Dinner - jerk pork, curried egg fried rice and stir fry (HEB) for evoo in the rice. This was really nice, Mick really enjoyed it. But I felt a bit dodgy from the fatty meatballs still and my stomach is still a little delicate so... I did not have any wine!!!! Saturday night and I didn't have a drop to drink officer!!! Yet another first.

Alll in all I haven't had my HEA, I was say that although I can't tell you what my syns are today, I probably used them up in the meatballs and jerk sauce.

The last two days have been a little off and although I haven't been bad, my thoughts have not been with the plan, more feeling rubbish! Let's hope tomorrow will be a better day - although I am nervous because we are a Mick's brothers tomorrow and I don't know what we are eating!

Man, this is more of a dear diary than a food diary today!

Sunday 8th July

Feeling a bit better today, although we never ended up going to Mick's brothers, the weather was too unpredictable for me to drive on the M25 to Croydon, so we blew them out which is good in a way as it meant that I was able to remain good!

B/L - 2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon and toast (HEB)

D - Spag Bol with cheese (HEA) and tomato and onion salad

Snacks - Hot Chocolate (3) with Milk (4) and spray cream (3)

Syns - 10

Exercise - Free weights - tricep dips, side bends, bicep curls, chest fly, upward row 15 reps X3

Last edited:
Monday 9th July

Ok I am trying to be back to normal today for the next few days leading up to Thursday (my birthday and also our trip to Amsterdam - so excited!). Running is on hold until my heel heals(!) which could take weeks, although I really hope it doesn't because I was doing so so well.

B - Rocky Road Bars (HEB) and a Banana

L - Veggie Sushi (2) from M&S and Edamame Bean Salad

D - Leftover Spag Bol with cheese (HEA) on a Jacket Potato and Salad (.5) for butter bud and (2) for Tiger Thai Dressing.

Snacks - 2 Hersheys Kisses (2); Ryvita Mini (4.5)

Syns - 11

Last edited:
Tuesday 10th July

B - Hifi Bar (HEB) and Banana

L - Tuna Mayo (1) on jacket potato with salad

D - Nandos - half chicken, 2 portions of rice (5) with piri piri sauce (2) and halloumi (HEA TWEAK!) with tomato and onion salad

Snacks - Punnet of Strawbs

Syns - I will say 15 because I will take the skin off, but there are always little remnants of tasty stuff that stays on!

Last edited:
Ooh we are having the same lunch today, great minds

Just wanted to wish you :birthday: for Thursday, I probably won't be on here before then but hope you have a fantastic time in dam. Stay away from the cakes ;)
xx

Ahh, thanks lovey! I will try staying away from the cakes, but I can't promise anything - besides, seeing as we are in Amsterdam, they may be 'happy' cakes!!

So sorry I missed saying it but better late than never -

:talk017:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :talk017::bestwishes:
:party0016::party0036::party0016:
Have a fab time in the Dam and report back with tales of all the fun and frolics :) xxx

Wednesday 18th July

I am back, Amsterdam was great. We had so much fun, lots of laughter and food! We saw the sights and walked around the red light district too, which I have to say fascinated me no end - I kept asking Mick if we could go back there! We got back on Sunday, but I have been eating as though I am still on holiday! Yesterday afternoon, after eating a load of crap I felt really lethargic and tired and I realised that I need to stop eating rubbish in order not to feel rubbish. So today I am back on it.

The scales say that I have put on 3lbs since last Thursday, which I am ok with - it could be a lot worse! My official new weigh in date is Friday morning. I am no longer an SW member either. I think I have enough knowledge to continue with it alone - besides this forum is a font of all SW knowledge and I am hoping my regular mates on here can help me with any queries.

My reasoning to start back today is on the one hand a very good idea - I need to nip this food thing in the bud, but on the other is a little silly as I have three things coming up over the next three days, but with limited damage control hopefully it won't cause too much carnage!

Tomorrow I am having lunch at an Indian Restaurant which sells Bento Boxes at lunchtime. This will no doubt be very calorific so I intend to be very good tomorrow morning and evening and try and plan for a syn free day around the Bento Box.

Friday is a dinner party at my friends and we usually all bring a course, I am doing starters, which will be loaded potato skins with cheese and bacon. I have no idea what the mains and desserts are going to be, but I know we always end on cheese and biscuits and we drink....a lot. Again I will try and control the damage by having smaller portions - I may also not drink (shock horror!) as I need to drive to Portsmouth the following morning.

Saturday we are going to Portsmouth to see Mick friends whom I have never met. This is going to be a boozy day and will probably end in a big meal. Again, I will try and limit the damage, alas I have a thing in my head that when I am out, I don't tend to care about what I put in my mouth I would much rather just enjoy myself.

So food today:

B - Hifi Bar (HEB) and Apple

L - Chicken Salad (1) for mayo

D - Spaghetti Carbonara (HEA) (5) for Chorizo and Salad

Snacks - Punnet of Strawbs, peach, mini sushi pack

Syns so far: 6.5

Last edited:
Charley - I would just say try to make good choices, if you go over your syns - so what tomorrow is always another day - if you try and stick to SW and reduce your daily syn allowance you might get away with it - if not, you'll see a loss the following week.

Have you started exercising again yet?

Yeah, I want to make good choices, but when it comes down to crunch time, especially if I am with other people who are not worried about things like what is in the food they are about to eat, it makes me not worry and think "ah f**k it" too. I am much better with SW when I don't have anything to do with my time - I am brilliant in fact, when I have no life!!

Not started exercising. I am still having problems with my heel - I went to a sports physio today who comes to our office every couple of weeks and she thinks I have torn part of my achilles, which is not good news as I could be out of running for another couple of months. She massaged it and gave me some stretches to do and told me to ice it every night for a few mins at a time, but other than that - I am to rest up. I am annoyed as I really noticed the difference when I went running (which she said was the cause of it incidently) and I was really starting to enjoy it too!

Yeah, I want to make good choices, but when it comes down to crunch time, especially if I am with other people who are not worried about things like what is in the food they are about to eat, it makes me not worry and think "ah f**k it" too. I am much better with SW when I don't have anything to do with my time - I am brilliant in fact, when I have no life!!

Not started exercising. I am still having problems with my heel - I went to a sports physio today who comes to our office every couple of weeks and she thinks I have torn part of my achilles, which is not good news as I could be out of running for another couple of months. She massaged it and gave me some stretches to do and told me to ice it every night for a few mins at a time, but other than that - I am to rest up. I am annoyed as I really noticed the difference when I went running (which she said was the cause of it incidently) and I was really starting to enjoy it too!
I've been the same for the last few weeks hence zero weight loss...but I am being so good (apart from a chicken pad thai that is 27 syns :cry:), I've been excellent. Paul has been doing his usual - last two nights has come home with a big bar of cadburys wholenut - but I have been so good I have gotten Megan to hide both for me - I have got a cheeky freddo frog - which I might eat tonight

Achilles is bad news Charley - you must take the lady's advice - and whatever you do don't start trying to exercise on it!!! What about swimming? or those exercise machines?

I've been the same for the last few weeks hence zero weight loss...but I am being so good (apart from a chicken pad thai that is 27 syns :cry:), I've been excellent. Paul has been doing his usual - last two nights has come home with a big bar of cadburys wholenut - but I have been so good I have gotten Megan to hide both for me - I have got a cheeky freddo frog - which I might eat tonight

Achilles is bad news Charley - you must take the lady's advice - and whatever you do don't start trying to exercise on it!!! What about swimming? or those exercise machines?

It is so difficult isn't it? I feel I have lost my mojo a little - I have not been totally on plan for a week and a half, but I have some encouraging news - Mick has decided to join me, he isn't very well versed on SW and if I explained it to him it would go in one ear and out the other - but he is fed up and wants to lose some weight and so I have given him a crash course and told him that we will do this together. We spent loads of money on fruit yesterday and I have basically said to him that I will tell him what evening meal I will cook the night before and based on that, we will work around what he eats for breakfast and lunch - ie. if the meal contains bread or cheese, then he will not have bread or cheese for break or lunch. I think thats the most simple way for him, I also said he is to pack in his snacking on crap and also only eat his ready made lasagne (which he adores for some strange reason). So we will see. It has given me renewed hope that I can do it too.

I hope you had a good weekend, not long to go until your holiday. Will Meg be in plaster still for the holiday? x

Monday 23rd July

Ok I am back in earnest - I have been farting around for two weeks and it starts today. At Friday's weigh in I had gained 3lb which to be honest aint too bad for what I have hoovered up recently! I was awful on Friday and Saturday and pretty bad on Sunday too! DRAW A LINE
_______________________________________________________________________________________

So today:

B - Hifi Bar (HEB) and fruit (grapes and melon)

L - Tuna Pasta Salad (1) for olives (1) for Tiger Tiger dressing (HEA) for feta

D - Chilli Con Carne with Rice small bit of grated cheese (3)

Snacks - Punnet of Strawbs; Fridge Raiders (2.5)

Syns today: 7.5

Last edited:
Tuesday 24th July

B - 2 LMc Italian Sausages (1) and 2 boiled eggs

L - Tuna Pasta Salad (HEA) for feta (1) for olives (1) for Thai salad dressing

D - Burger (HEB) chips and salad (3) for various sauces/dressings

Snacks - Melon, Grapes, Strawbs, Yog

Syns - 6

Wednesday 25th July

Well tonight I am out with my friends, the plan is to not drink (I will try to stick to this!) and to try and keep my syns low (again, I will try and stick to this!). So food today:

B - Muesli (HEB) with FF Yog

L - Ham Salad with 2 min rice (2) and mayo (.05)

D - ???

Snacks - grapes, peach, nectarine, punnet of strawbs, WW crisps (4)

Syns so far: 6.5

Thursday 26th July

Ok, epic fail last night - we drank three bottles of wine between 4 of us and a lamb burger and chips!!! Forgive me Minimins for I have synned!!

Anyway onwards and downwards:

B - 2 boiled eggs in a sandwich (HEB) and (2) for butter

L - chicken pasta salad (1) olives (1) Mayo

D - chilli and 2 min Mexican rice (2.5)

Snacks - punnet of strawbs, yog, 2 plums, nectarine

Syns - 6.5

How are you getting on hun? It sounds like you had a wonderful time in dam and I read that Mick is now following SW with you, that must be so much easier and nice to have the support. Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Hey Vick - welcome back!!! I have missed you, what with you going awol on me and Donna not being on the forum so much I have felt a little lonely :lost:!

We had a fab time in the Dam, no funny cakes were had, but plenty of the herbal stuff and food were ingested :whistle:

Yes, Mick is sort of following with me, he can't digest the true rules of SW (HEB/As syns etc) but I have told him that I will cook a SW friendly evening meal and all he has to do is eat lots of fruit instead of cakes/biscuits/crisps and drink water, have a low in fat sandwich or salad for lunch and a decent healthy breakfast - he seems to have been ok with it, although the last two nights I have come home to find him eating loads of monkey nuts and a baileys!!! He lost a pound this week and I lost two. I haven't been a perfect SWer for a few weeks now, so I am pleased with two.

How have you been? I saw from your FD that you have had some ups and downs. I hope everything is ok? xx

Back