Charleybarley's last attempt - 90lbs to lose

Friday 9th June - pay day :bunnydance: and weigh day:scale: - 1lb off :stickdance:

Hi all

As you can see I am 1 whole pound lighter. I am fine with that, given that in 7 days I have done two very different diets and also had a day or two with naughty food! My poor body!

After work today we are food shopping and then we are going to B&Q tonight to finalise the plans and pay the deposit on our new kitchen! So exciting. We only moved into our new home on 21st April and we wasn't expecting to need a new kitchen...alas the one we have is not good at all. Years of water leaks has rotted a lot of the cabinet under the sink and down the back...its all a bit grim. But we will have a shiny new kitchen soon (well in roughly 3 months is the time estimate on when the works can start).

This weekend is going to be quiet for me, hair cut and coloured tomorrow morning then all day Saturday and Sunday will be DIY, mainly painting!! We have no evenings out this weekend which is a relief, it means I can knuckle down and be good. I have decided not to have pizza after all on Saturday night, but instead cook a nice seafood linguine for half the points, that will give me some points left to have some Saturday night treats and a few rum and cokes!

Food today:

B - Turkey Slices in a Thin - 4
L - Chicken Salad in 2 thins with salad cream - 9
D - Nandos! A proper one, half a chicken with spicy rice and sauce - 27
S - Fruit and Guilt Free Lentil Curls - 3
O - Milk for hot drinks - 3

Total today: 46 (4sp over my daily - so 37 weeklies remaining)

Food planned over the weekend:

Saturday

Brunch - 2x WW BLT wraps - 10
Dinner - Prawn and Crab Linguine with Parmesan - 14
Drink - 10sp worth of Rum - 10
Snacks - Not sure yet, but it will add up to roughly - 10
Other - Milk for hot drinks - 3

Sunday
B -
L -
T - Homemade Burger and Chips with Salad and Sauces - 25

xx

It's a loss hun and as you said you've jumped around a little on eating plans - so, WTG! :)

I hear you on the spinach front - I love it, but hate the bags it comes in, seems to go off too quickly - so I transfer it into smaller ziplock bags and it lasts much longer. Shame your OH doesn't like it!

Well done on the 1lb loss

Thanks Tipps x

It's a loss hun and as you said you've jumped around a little on eating plans - so, WTG! :)

I hear you on the spinach front - I love it, but hate the bags it comes in, seems to go off too quickly - so I transfer it into smaller ziplock bags and it lasts much longer. Shame your OH doesn't like it!

Thanks M'lady! Great idea on the baby spinach idea, I did just that. I usually always rip the original bag anyways. My husband only likes things that are chicken based and covered in batter or breadcrumbs! He will eat proper food but it's usually what I put in front of him, otherwise his diet is pretty beige. if he could exist on toast, cheese and crackers and fried chicken, he would.....mind you I could quote go for some beige myself!!!
X

Monday 12th June

Morning all, I hope you all had lovely weekends. The weather dahn Saaaff was glorious. It made for a sweaty time for me though as I was painting the double door frame in the conservatory which gets the sun all day long . Still had a busy weekend doing lots of diy, the conservatory is finished now, just waiting for its furniture - I will take some pictures. I will I had taken before pictures, it was a bit of a state when we moved in.
We also re-nailed the decking in the garden as the previous owners used little screws and all the boards were lifting .

Foodwise I did good, some pics of meals below. I used most of of my weekly allowance on treats and some rum, but still have a few left in case I go over this week, which I shouldn't.

Oooh a little excitement - Mick and I are going on a mini break cruise!!! We love cruising and have been going for four or five years, but they have always been big liners. This one is a little one and we are leaving from Tilbury (not too romantic I know!!) and going to Amsterdam and Antwerp. This will be over the bank holiday weekend. So leave on the Friday and come back Monday morning. Really looking forward to it . I am booking it today, I just hope no one else has booked that day at work, they are really tight about more than two people being off at the same time.

Well done on all the work and the mini break sounds great.

IMG_0806.JPG

This was crab and prawn linguine and it was so so nice. I am not one to boast usually but this was delicious, I was on my own and I said out loud 'oh my god I am amazing, this is restaurant material' . I will be making this again.

IMG_0808.JPG IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0836.JPG IMG_0837.JPG

Oh and I meant to say before, the sicky headaches were indeed my period coming to pay me a a visit, I felt rough Saturday and Sunday, with cramps. As i mentioned I don't tend to get them now I am on constant mini pill but every now ad then old Aunt Flo pops back to let me know she's still around. This time she saved up a years worth of cramps and dizziness I think - the old hag!!! I had to sleep for a couple of hours Saturday afternoon. She's leaving soon thankfully, totally outstayed her welcome!

Tuesday 13th June

Morning all, I hope everyone is ok. I forgot to post my food shots from yesterday, I think I only took one of dinner, which was massive and I left a bit, but it was just protein and greens. I have also subscribed to Graze and my first box came last night, I got so excited when I saw it, silly moo that I am - I do love my grub! My first pack contained a Smoky Hotdog thing, which was just flavoured little breadsticks and cashews, a Jam Doughnut, which was nuts and fruit and things, a Shiitake broth paste and dried mushrooms, and a Banana Cake with a teabag of mixed tea. I calculated them on WW and they are all fairly low.

So yesterday's food:

B - Skinny Sausages x2 - 3sp
L - Chicken Salad and two thins with salad cream - 10sp
D - Half Chicken, Kale and Gravy - 14sp
S - Rum (2), Graze Banana Cake (2) and Smoky Hotdog (4), a ham sandwich (4), space raiders (2) = 14sp

41 in total

Today's food:
B - Skinny Sausages x2 - 3sp
L - Chicken Salad and two thins with salad cream - 10sp
D - Cod Fishcakes with Mayo - 21sp
S - Ham Thin - 4sp, Milk - 2sp

No points left for any snacks today, the fishcakes are high, so I won't get them again.

We booked the mini cruise - YAY! We are really looking forward to it. Friday 25th August, I am not going to do a weight loss aim before this trip, I always do it and never actually commit and usually go the other way! So I am just going to take each day as it comes and hope for a loss at the end of each week.

x

IMG_0840.JPG

OMG your food looks amazing! Don't you love it when you start eating and want to pat yourself on the back because it's so scrumptious?! :). My cooking can be a bit hit and miss - so I love it when something comes together well :D.

Glad you found out the unwellness was down to Auntie Flo (what a b*tch eh?), hope it passes quickly!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your DIY work.

Also loving the sound of the cruise! I went on a Med cruise for the first time ever a few years ago and absolutely loved it, surprised myself actually, i thought it was going to be full of mouldering oldies but it wasn't - and the food was brilliant! :)

I wonder what was in the fishcakes that caused them to be so high?
I have stopped eating mayo and dressing and ketchup or dips of any sort as sometimes it was mayonnaise with fish fingers on the side.

OMG your food looks amazing! Don't you love it when you start eating and want to pat yourself on the back because it's so scrumptious?! :). My cooking can be a bit hit and miss - so I love it when something comes together well :D.

Glad you found out the unwellness was down to Auntie Flo (what a b*tch eh?), hope it passes quickly!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your DIY work.

Also loving the sound of the cruise! I went on a Med cruise for the first time ever a few years ago and absolutely loved it, surprised myself actually, i thought it was going to be full of mouldering oldies but it wasn't - and the food was brilliant! :)

I really did pat myself on the back - Mick doesn't eat that sort of food so he couldn't appreciate the deliciousness that i had produced!!! I am so happy that prawn and crab are so low in points, you get loads of each for 1sp.

We love cruising Susie, we are always on the lookout for our next one, they are so blimming expensive though. We don't have children though, and we've no plans for them, so we treat our holidays as our "children" - that being said, we really do need to not go every year now because of just buying the house, but we have some savings that are begging to be used for another cruise!!!!! We also quite like that there are older folk on cruises, we are definitely below average age, us being in our 40s, but there's nothing more fun than getting together with older people for a pub quiz or an afternoon drinking in the sun! They are full of stories. I remember once sitting in a bar in Grenada with 6 retirees over 70, for the afternoon from Romford, they had us in stitches.

I wonder what was in the fishcakes that caused them to be so high?
I have stopped eating mayo and dressing and ketchup or dips of any sort as sometimes it was mayonnaise with fish fingers on the side.

I tell you what is in the fish cakes to make them so high, cheddar! They are melt in the middle ones, I didn't realise.....but oh my I bet they're yummy, I won't get them often though.

upload_2017-6-13_15-9-32.png

Yup I love mayo on most things, I have allowed for 2 tbsp tonight of light mayo, which is 3sp.

x

Aaah, cheese, that explains it.

I'm a bit of a purist with food and don't like "versions" of it. If the real thing is too fatty or high in calories, for example butter, I won't replace it with a low fat " version"....I will just have less or none. (Mmm butter).

You seem to enjoy cooking and it is doing you well...keep going.

Aaah, cheese, that explains it.

I'm a bit of a purist with food and don't like "versions" of it. If the real thing is too fatty or high in calories, for example butter, I won't replace it with a low fat " version"....I will just have less or none. (Mmm butter).

You seem to enjoy cooking and it is doing you well...keep going.

I totally get you on that point. I have tried things in the past, mainly through SW but I don't like the fake taste. The only thing I have got on board with is light mayo.... I love me some real proper butter, i bet Irish butter is the best isn't it? None of this lightly salted lark either - on hot toast.... oh my!

We love cruising Susie, we are always on the lookout for our next one, they are so blimming expensive though

Go and have a look at Cruise Nation - they send out lots of emails with fab deals. I got flights, 2 nights in a 5 star Barcelona hotel, 5 nights on a lovely Costa ship, drinks package, upgrade to queen size room and balcony, and a night in Genoa - all for £500 - including single supplement! For two it was £798. We stopped at Palma, Marseilles, Corsica and somewhere else. The weather wasn't great, mind, but still a wonderful experience.

Full fat and full salt....and yep on warm toast you don't need anything else. But maybe just an occasional treat.

Go and have a look at Cruise Nation - they send out lots of emails with fab deals. I got flights, 2 nights in a 5 star Barcelona hotel, 5 nights on a lovely Costa ship, drinks package, upgrade to queen size room and balcony, and a night in Genoa - all for £500 - including single supplement! For two it was £798. We stopped at Palma, Marseilles, Corsica and somewhere else. The weather wasn't great, mind, but still a wonderful experience.

Ooh I will have a look, we are always on the look out for more cruises!

Full fat and full salt....and yep on warm toast you don't need anything else. But maybe just an occasional treat.

I went shopping last night and stopped by the butter - I thought of you as I saw the Kerry Gold! What butter do you use?

Wednesday 14th June

Hi all - I am Little Miss Naughty - :angeldevil: yes my halo slipped last night - so confession time. We had a Nandos! We went shopping at Costco and Nandos is a spit away, I had half chicken and large spicy rice, then I had 13sp worth of chocolate and then an ice lolly :1461:. So I went over, not massively but I did. Nevermind, onwards and downwards, I just hope that it is covered by my activity points which I didn't want to rely on initially.

So today:

B - 2x sausages - 3sp
L - chicken salad, 2x thins and salad cream - 10sp
D - Fishcakes that I never had yesterday, with mayo - 21sp
S - 2x space raider crisps - 4sp

Leaves me with 3sp, I might have a banana split after dinner.

Kerrygold of course.

Nope we use the local creamery butter

Kerrygold of course.

Nope we use the local creamery butter

Oh you lucky thing having an actual creamery near you! Although I think if I had anything like that, it would prove fatal....like heart attack fatal!!!!

Back